Worst QB ever elected to a hall of fame

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Big Frame, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

http://www.freep.com/article/20110630/SPORTS01/110630048/1049/rss14

AN DIEGO — Former quarterbacks Major Applewhite of Texas and Joey Harrington of Oregon have been inducted into the Holiday Bowl Hall of Fame.

Harrington, who later became a Detroit Lions draft bust, defeated Texas, 35-30, in the 2000 Holiday Bowl. He threw for 273 yards and two TDs, ran for a score and caught a touchdown pass. He joined Brigham Young’s Steve Young in 1983 and Texas A&M’s Bucky Richardson in 1990 as the only players to have a passing, rushing and receiving touchdown in the same game in Holiday Bowl history.

Harrington is now a radio analyst for Fox Sports in Portland.

2. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

crappy NFL QB, but a hell of a College QB

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Big frame = lame flame, but thanks for the LOL @ pic.

No one facing JH during his tenure at UO underestimated him. He was elected for his college achievments. It's too bad his pro career didn't pan out but he's a really nice, educated, classy guy (who I'm related to) and he's really happy with life right now. Sorry you can't say the same....

4. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

If Mrs. Harrington woulda parented like Casey Anthony, Joey Blue-sky's would of never ruined my football team. I actually love my life, even tho I root for the Lions.

5. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Hehe... Yah, that was just my lame attempt with a cheap shot for coming here and attempting to flame an icon of our program. Later....

It's not fair to rest the Lions failures entirely on JH's shoulders - terrible front office, coaching, OL and offensive talent. During his tenure with the Lions, Harrington started 55 games and had a record of 18 wins and 37 losses. Without Harrington, the Lions compiled a record of 1 win and 8 losses during those years.

6. BlazersBlood

BlazersBlood It's flowing within me.

You know you don't believe this. Joey didn't ruin the Lions, Millen did. Joey didn't force the Lions to draft him at #3 overall, Millen did. Joey didn't hire Marinelli, a lifetime position coach (30 + years), Millen did. Joey didn't draft a rail thin pot smoker #2 overall, Millen did. Joey didn't draft 3 WRs in a row in the top 10, Millen did. Joey didn't draft a midget linebacker with terrible instincts in the top 10 to fill a need, Millen did. Joey didn't draft a fat ass WR who hadn't played football in over a year in the top 10, Millen did. Joey didn't draft players with huge injury question marks, Millen did. Joey didn't change coaches almost every fucking year, Millen did. Joey didn't whiff on almost every fucking draft pick for 5 consecutive years, Millen did. Thanks, I feel sick now. Millen ruined the Lions and thank fucking God he's gone.

7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

To hang the Lions on Joey is a fucking joke. How about drafting all those bust WRs? How about not having a running game? How about not having an OL? What is any QB going to do with that? I thought he was pretty good his rookie year. That team was beyond terrible. I don't think he was that bad in detroit.