Would anybody take Carlisle back over Saunders?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by SunnyD, May 5, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I might, but it depends on how we do this offseason. I loved Carlisle, and I don't like Saunders, but if we can make the finals and possibly win it, I'd rather keep Saunders around for a while, and perhaps, if available, make Carlisle an assistant coach.

2. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

I wouldnt. Carlisle was a good coach but he couldnt get it done in the playoffs. Granted, Detroits players are better, why would you risk it, when Saunders is doing so good for Detroit right now. Now that he has a passing center in Chris Webber, his offense runs even better.

3. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

Carlisle would never become a assistant Sunny. He will get another job somewhere else.

4. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

Carlisle was fired for a reason, the players didn't like his coaching style and that was back then when they had no egos, now it would just be a disaster. There's pretty much no way in hell he returns.

5. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

I have hated Saunders since he got here, but he's been a great coach this year. I stopped booing him about mid-season [​IMG].Carlisle is an overrated bum.

6. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Carlisle was fired to make room for Larry Brown.He had two 50 win seasons without Rasheed. Pretty good if you ask me. But don't fix something not broke.

7. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

Carlisle was a very good young coach and he even won the division in his first year with Indiana, but I think it was his time to go there and I wouldnt take Carlisle back over Saunders though.and he wouldnt be an assistant because of all of the open slots in coaching right now. I think he'd be an alright fit in Sacto.

8. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ May 6 2007, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have hated Saunders since he got here, but he's been a great coach this year. I stopped booing him about mid-season [​IMG].Carlisle is an overrated bum.</div>Saunders had a great regular season last year and then fell apart. It's yet to be determined whether that happens again.

9. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

I think if anything, getting to the ECF in his first year is a good thing. but with these fans and players expectations being a title every year, its hard to like him. would you throw out Avery Johnson now? probably not, but I still think he has this year and next year to win one. if he doesn't, throw him out. that goes for both guys.

10. Stones

Stones BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PN13 @ May 7 2007, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think if anything, getting to the ECF in his first year is a good thing. but with these fans and players expectations being a title every year, its hard to like him. would you throw out Avery Johnson now? probably not, but I still think he has this year and next year to win one. if he doesn't, throw him out. that goes for both guys.</div>It actually wasn't a good thing at all. We had the best record and the league, and were expected to win a title. Anything else would be a disappointment. In the regular season, although we had a great record, he tired out our starters so come playoff time, they weren't in the best of shape. He didn't use his bench enough to trust them in the playoffs. In the second round, we played very poorly, and just managed to get by the Cavs in 7. Then in the conference finals, we played horribly, and lost to the Heat in 6. Maybe if the series was 7 games hard fought, every loss coming down to the last possesion, maybe it would be acceptable, but the series was not like that. So, I don't know how losing in the ECF last year was a good thing.As for Carlisle, I would not want him back here at all. As much as I hate a lot of the things Flip does, I still think he's better for this job than Carlisle. Plus, Carlisle never worked with Sheed or all these egos, so that wouldn't work either.

11. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

Sorry, what I meant was, for any other team...oops.I like Flip Saunders a lot though but like I said, he and Avery Johnson are guys expected to bring it home in the next two years or they will both be ousted., they're dissapointments if they dont, but they still have two years.