Would Calzaghe come back to fight Hopkins for big money?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Jun 4, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

After dominating Jean Pascal (26-2-1), Bernard Hopkins (52-5-2) has been the center of attention in boxing. Due to his astounding achievement at the age of 46, his stock has skyrocketed, and many fighters are trying to do anything and everything possible just to step inside the ring against a legend like Hopkins. Before leaving the ring on the night of the Pascal fight, the question of “Who is next?” was echoing throughout the media and boxing fan populations. A few obvious names were mentioned, while an out of sight former foe was being pecked at for a comeback.

I watched this interview a few weeks ago , but never wrote anything about it, as it seemed not only irrelevant, but more importantly without any indication of reason. Now, after Hopkins made a very powerful statement, I can believe this to be plausible.

I am talking about Joe Calzaghe (46-0-0) of course. In the above mentioned interview, Calzaghe talks about his retirement, and the fact that a lump sum of £10,000,000 would definitely bring him back into boxing.

Read more: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28227&more=1

[youtube]vxXTONTrTcc&feature=player_embedded#at=44[/youtube]