Would Phil Jackson make the Kings, KINGS?

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Sabretooth, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not advocating the demise of Richard Adelman, but, I have heard rumblings from Sacramento Kings fans thinking that maybe Adelman has reached the maximum of potential with his scheme with his players. Just imagine a team that is as unselfish as the Kings using the triangle. Webber in the post with Peja and Bibby doing what they need to do, and hit the open shots. I feel that it would be an almost guarantee (if they stay healthy) that they reach the finals.

2. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

I'd say that Adelman's Make it or Break it year is this upcoming season.If the Kings have a sucessful run this year and make it to the finals,than i'd say Adelman would keep his job.if not,i'll probably say he will be out of here.so in many area's this is a Make it or Break it year for the Kings peroid.

3. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

In regards to the title of the thread...

With Phil Jackson's track record, I have no doubts.

4. MR_SAC_KING

^ Regarding the Topic...Jackson can probably make the Kings to a Really leathal team.It's been rumoured that if Adelman gets axed after the season's over with,the Maloofs will try to get Jackson.It'll be intrestring to see what becomes of the season ahead.

5. Sabretooth

It would be the most delicious story though. The Lakers are done in by the man who brought them to the promise land. Look at the Laker roster, do you think that they could possibly defend the Kings? I would be personally disgusted if Shaq were welcomed into Arco with open arms, but Phil doesn't have the disrespectful history with the team, so I could see it. Now, if Phil were to go to the Spurs, they have a history. [​IMG] Let's face it boys, the Kings have D if Christie and B. Jacks, have O in Bibby and Peja, and have size with Webber and Miller. Work out the kinks with Phil calling the shots. Hell, I'd pay to see them. One thing you guys should do is acknowledge that every year you have one of the best home records, but in the playoffs, it's a different game. Peja needs to add dimensions to his game, because we put our best one-on-one defender on him and he just seemed to disappear. I'm not saying he didn't try, I'm saying that the team should've done a better job of getting him going. More double screens and such. Tell him to watch Reggie Miller tapes. Also, you don't seem to live and die by one player in the regular season, so don't start in the playoffs.

6. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

Right off the bat Ill tell you that if Adleman doesnt win the WCF this year, he is done. While it would be nice to think that Jackson could come in an take them to the next level assuming that happens, the real question is, Would he want to return to coaching?

There is really no way of tellin with him. He has that zen thing going on for him so I dont think he is really going to be having as many problems as others that leave the game. I think that when he decides to quit, he will be fine with it. I think on the other hand, that if he is not done with coaching yet, that Sacramento would provide him an opportunity to prove that he is the best coach ever by taking them to where they could not get previously, that being the Finals.

He only needs one more ring to get to 10 and I think that if the Kings were to obtain him as the head coach he would be able to get probably two more over five years.

7. Bosnian

Bosnian JBB JustBBall Member

I think Jackson wants to coach still

He still wants to coach there is no doubt about that the only Reason He got fired is because Kobe didnt get that well along with him and as we all know its Kobes team now
    I think on the other hand that he is also greedy to get that 10th ring
    wouldnt any of us be I think lakers made a bad Decesion by firing him

8. Sabretooth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bosnian:</div><div class="quote_post">He still wants to coach there is no doubt about that the only Reason He got fired is because Kobe didnt get that well along with him and as we all know its Kobes team now
    I think on the other hand that he is also greedy to get that 10th ring
    wouldnt any of us be I think lakers made a bad Decesion by firing him</div>
    I think Phil Jackson wants to be the "best coach of all time" (which is what he will feel with the most championships, not sharing the title) and that would be the driving force of his returning. If he came to the Kings and asked about a job, would you let Adelman go?

9. $actown Dyme

^ In a heartbeat.

10. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Phil Jackson wants to be the "best coach of all time" (which is what he will feel with the most championships, not sharing the title) and that would be the driving force of his returning. If he came to the Kings and asked about a job, would you let Adelman go?</div>
    do the words <font size="4">HELL YEAH<font size="2"> mean anything to you?</font></font>

11. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Phil Jackson wants to be the "best coach of all time" (which is what he will feel with the most championships, not sharing the title) and that would be the driving force of his returning. If he came to the Kings and asked about a job, would you let Adelman go?</div>

I Would do it if the option was availble.Adelman has one more year,and if he doesn't get the Job done,than i would go after Jackson like fat people going after an all you can eat buffet [​IMG] Yes is the answer here. :thumbsup:

12. $actown Dyme

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MR_SAC_KING:</div><div class="quote_post">I Would do it if the option was availble.Adelman has one more year,and if he doesn't get the Job done,than i would go after Jackson like fat people going after an all you can eat buffet</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LMAO

13. JKiDD05NeTs

JKiDD05NeTs JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Kings especially if they lose Peja have all but seen their window close on them to win a ring. That team will probably be blown up and rebuilt. With Jackson's track record I'd say definetely. Although there are no superstars on the King's roster. The Kings would definetely be an easy to unite under a team concept.