would you do it?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Greazy9, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Greazy9

Greazy9 JBB JustBBall Member

Ya it's a stupid trade scenerio, but our team sucks, and it is getting boring in here.

Seattle Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Rashard Lewis
    6-10 SF from Alief Elsik (HS)
    22.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.4 apg in 38.5 minutes
    Danny Fortson
    6-8 PF from Cincinnati
    3.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.1 apg in 12.0 minutes
    Nick Collison
    6-9 PF from Kansas
    7.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.0 minutes
    Incoming
    Kevin Garnett
    6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    22.2 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 4.9 apg in 39.5 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -10.7 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Kevin Garnett
    6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    22.2 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 4.9 apg in 39.5 minutes
    Incoming
    Rashard Lewis
    6-10 SF from Alief Elsik (HS)
    22.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.4 apg in 38.5 minutes
    Danny Fortson
    6-8 PF from Cincinnati
    3.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.1 apg in 12.0 minutes
    Nick Collison
    6-9 PF from Kansas
    7.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +10.7 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and -1.4 apg.

Seattle
    Ridnour/Murray/Brunson
    Allen/Wilkins/Murray
    Radman/Wilkins/Free Agent
    Garnett/Evans/Potapenko
    Petro/Swift/Potapenko/Moore

Assuming that The Kid wants out, Minny can't do much better than an all-star and one of the most promising young power forwards available. The question is would you do it?

2. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

I would love to see that happen. It probably couldn't work now because Shard isn't happy with his salary and has said he will opt out, but assuming it were worked out with Minnasota, and assuming they had thier choice of Pots or Fortson, I can't see as they would get a better offer if "the Kid" forced a trade. Dreaming is fun, huh?

3. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

You know...that is a good dream. I would love to see KG in a Sonics uniform. Imagine one of our kids (Petro and Swift) along side "The Kid"...then have our guards and Radman roaming the perimeter. KG would bring the D and I think Swifty and Petro would improve alongside him as well.

Great dream though.

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I love Rashard and I love Nick Collison, but any trade that nets Garnett is a good one in my book. Petro and Swift would learn so much from KG too at both ends of the floor.

Can you image having KG on the blocks and Ray on the perimeter? That's a scary thought.

5. Sonics4Life

Sonics4Life JBB JustBBall Member

hey new to this forum now. i would defintely do this trade. Nick Collison isnt showing much to this team and although i love rashard i have to stick with KG. even though KG is gettin older he will be really useful to this team. No offense though, i dont think minnesota will even think about it

6. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

I hate Garnett and I'd do that.

7. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

Id rather trade Ray Allen.

8. tradebark

tradebark JBB JustBBall Member

The wolves would probably prefer Lewis though

but either way there's no way Minnesota will trade KG to the west..

9. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

At this point in time I'd almost like to see any move b/c there is no team in the league (outside of maybe Houston) that has been more of a disappointment than Seattle.

The apathy is apparent with the players and the fans. Bob Hill is on the verge of creating a mutiny, Danny Fortson and Reggie Evans are on the verge of exploding, and our team is on the verge of competing for one of the top picks in the draft next season.

No one on this team should be untouchable in terms of being traded. Obviously I have confidence that Sund will not make a foolish trade just b/c we are struggling but at this juncture I'd very much like to see Ray and Sweet Lew involved in trade discussions b/c they are the only two players that will get us an all star caliber player in return.

When the people in this forum come up with trade proposals I'd hope that we'd take more of a realistic look at our options. I don't think that our frugal management would ever take a look at a guy scheduled to make over 20 million a season for the next five years--nor do I think any other team would give up Garnett for the players that we have on our roster.

10. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

Realistic? If someone told me that Shaq was going to get traded for Odom, Butler and Goodold Wutsiznuts, I would have peed my pants a little. But it happened. It's interresting what can happen when a superstar wants off a team. They can sit out most of a season and still get paychecks (A La T.O.) or make an ass of themselves and disrespect the people who stood by them when they were making asses out of themselves last year, get paid AND get traded (artest will not be in Pacers yellow soon).
    I think Greazy's point is this... This was a "play GM for a minute" exercise... If you were Sund, would you? Furthermore, A hypothetical post/scenario wouldn't be any fun if it were "How about this blockbuster? Petro for Mad-Dog Madsen!". Personally, That's why I'm on this board... to enjoy myself and get creative about a sport I enjoy. Big names and big money make it interresting. It is a feaseable trade, the money matches.

11. Greazy9

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">Realistic? If someone told me that Shaq was going to get traded for Odom, Butler and Goodold Wutsiznuts, I would have peed my pants a little. But it happened. It's interresting what can happen when a superstar wants off a team. They can sit out most of a season and still get paychecks (A La T.O.) or make an ass of themselves and disrespect the people who stood by them when they were making asses out of themselves last year, get paid AND get traded (artest will not be in Pacers yellow soon).
    I think Greazy's point is this... This was a "play GM for a minute" exercise... If you were Sund, would you? Furthermore, A hypothetical post/scenario wouldn't be any fun if it were "How about this blockbuster? Petro for Mad-Dog Madsen!". Personally, That's why I'm on this board... to enjoy myself and get creative about a sport I enjoy. Big names and big money make it interresting. It is a feaseable trade, the money matches.</div>

Wow... you're good!

j

12. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">Realistic? If someone told me that Shaq was going to get traded for Odom, Butler and Goodold Wutsiznuts, I would have peed my pants a little. But it happened. It's interresting what can happen when a superstar wants off a team. They can sit out most of a season and still get paychecks (A La T.O.) or make an ass of themselves and disrespect the people who stood by them when they were making asses out of themselves last year, get paid AND get traded (artest will not be in Pacers yellow soon).
    I think Greazy's point is this... This was a "play GM for a minute" exercise... If you were Sund, would you? Furthermore, A hypothetical post/scenario wouldn't be any fun if it were "How about this blockbuster? Petro for Mad-Dog Madsen!". Personally, That's why I'm on this board... to enjoy myself and get creative about a sport I enjoy. Big names and big money make it interresting. It is a feaseable trade, the money matches.</div>

in the words of good ol' Billy...I concurr.

13. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

I love Lewis, but players like Shaq, Duncan and Garnett are once in a franchise type opportunities, you don't say no thanks to someone asking if you are interested.

14. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post"> Personally, That's why I'm on this board... to enjoy myself and get creative about a sport I enjoy. </div>

And it doesn't get more creative than having Reggie Evans as your favorite player in the league.

In all seriousness, you are right. I am just so upset that this team has tanked the way that it has that I get frustrated with trade scenarios that seem to be implausible.

No harm in putting out scenarios that can keep this board buzzing or give fans some hope. I personally would just like to see this team start winning games--regardless of who is on the roster.

15. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">And it doesn't get more creative than having Reggie Evans as your favorite player in the league.</div>

Perhaps Reggie is just his favorite Sonic, and at the moment it is hard to pick just one, with how great they are all playing, you know? He was my favorite Sonic until this season...now I think I will just rotate them every day until someone does something to make me keep them up there.

16. Greazy9

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">And it doesn't get more creative than having Reggie Evans as your favorite player in the league.

In all seriousness, you are right. I am just so upset that this team has tanked the way that it has that I get frustrated with trade scenarios that seem to be implausible.

No harm in putting out scenarios that can keep this board buzzing or give fans some hope. I personally would just like to see this team start winning games--regardless of who is on the roster.</div>

Cheers. We all would. But by the looks of our home loss to Toronto tonight (121 points? For real?) we might be waiting awhile. This kinda passes the time.

j