Would you go for this?

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Iron Shiek, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

My team, the Sonics, has done little to help themselves this off season. B/c we have many tradeable assets, I've been thinking of trade ideas that could be beneficiary to all teams involved.

Since you guys have picked up Kenyon Martin how about a Ray Allen/Vlad Radmonovic/Antonio Daniels for Andre Miller/Nene/Jon Barry proposal. I believe that all three of those Sonics will be free agents (Vlad restricted) next season but I'm sure that adding an All-Star shooting guard would be something that Denver would seriously consider (and Ray would love to be a part of an upcoming ball club). The Sonics would just need to acquire some depth at small forward. Denver would need to acquire depth at the point guard/power forward positions.

Projected lineup for the Supes:

Andre Miller/Luke Ridnour~possibly Damon Jones
    Flip Murray/Jon Barry
    Rashard Lewis/Damien Wilkins/FA
    Danny Fortson/Nick Collison/Reggie Evans
    Nene/Vitaly Potapenko/Jerome James/Robert Swift

Projected lineup for the Nuggets:

Antonio Daniels/Earl Boykins
    Ray Allen/Voshon Lenard
    Carmelo Anthony/Vlad Radmonovic/Rodney White (if he's still around)
    Kenyon Martin/Skita/Ryan Bowen
    Marcus Camby/Francisco Elson

Comments?

2. Xman

Xman JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think the sonics would do that. They want to extend Ray and also want ridnour to be ther pg of the future. Andre Miller would just slow his development. If the Sonics plan on signing Damon Jones how about just Rad and Daniels for Nene and Barry maybe we would need to throw in a pick. I would love to have Nene in a Sonics uniform but I don't like this deal.

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

The Nuggets wouldn't trade Andre Miller. He will only get better this season. I wouldn't do this from the Nuggets or Sonics standpoint.

4. RiverspoonJones

RiverspoonJones JBB Sonic Death Monkey

I don't know what Denver would think about that. Sacrificing a top-tier PG, leaving Antonio Daniels to distribute the ball to a lot of guys who require touches. Their line-up is probably more balanced before the trade.

5. Iron Shiek

You guys are probably right. This trade looked a lot better before we acquired Danny Fortson. I'm just trying to find the best deal to get Ray Allen out of dodge.

From the Nuggets perspective, why wouldn't you guys jump at the chance to acquire Ray Allen? There wouldn't be a guard/forward combination in the league better than Allen, Melo, and K-Mart.

The Sonics need a point guard and a bona fide low post scorer. The Nuggets need a top flight shooting guard. Any better scenarios?

6. Bobcats

I'm not exactly sure how good Ray Allen is defensively, but the Nuggets are looking for a defensive-minded swingman right now. Plus, the way I see it right now:

Ray Allen>Jon Barry
    Antonio Daniels<Andre Miller
    Vlad Radmonovic<Nene

Maybe if there's just no room for Nene this season, or somehow Camby stays healthy, maybe the Nuggets can deal Nene at the trade deadline.

7. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

I wouldn't like this trade from the Nuggets standpoint or The Sonics stand point. The Nuggets don't need a lot of stars to win and the Pistons proved that. Andre is a top point guard in the league and is a passs first one. Nene is also a young talent and he can become a star some day. If rather have Carmelo, K-Mart, and Andre becuase IMO a point guard is more important to a team than a shoptting guard. The nugetts are also building for the future, so I think they'll keep NEne for now.
    Heres one for Boston

Seattle trades: SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.4 minutes)
    PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 30.2 minutes)
    PG Luke Ridnour (5.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.1 minutes)
    Seattle receives: C Raef LaFrentz (7.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.3 minutes)
    SF Ricky Davis (14.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.3 apg in 31.3 minutes)
    PG Chucky Atkins (8.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 24.1 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -9.9 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Boston trades: C Raef LaFrentz (7.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.3 minutes)
    Boston receives: SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 56 games)
    PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 77 games)
    PG Luke Ridnour (5.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 69 games)
    Change in team outlook: +9.9 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Boston would move Pierce to the SF spot.

Tell me what you think?

8. Iron Shiek

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">Heres one for Boston

Seattle trades: SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.4 minutes)
    PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 30.2 minutes)
    PG Luke Ridnour (5.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.1 minutes)
    Seattle receives: C Raef LaFrentz (7.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.3 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -9.9 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Boston trades: C Raef LaFrentz (7.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.3 minutes)
    Boston receives: SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 56 games)
    PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 77 games)
    PG Luke Ridnour (5.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 69 games)
    Change in team outlook: +9.9 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Boston would move Pierce to the SF spot.

Tell me what you think?</div>

That would be an absolutely horrible trade for the Sonics. By the way this is the Nuggets forum.

9. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">That would be an absolutely horrible trade for the Sonics. By the way this is the Nuggets forum.</div>

Uh.. who or what the hell are you talking about?

10. Iron Shiek

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Uh.. who or what the hell are you talking about?</div>

Make sure you read the earlier posts before you bless us w/ your wisdom.

11. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">Make sure you read the earlier posts before you bless us w/ your wisdom.</div>

Lol, my bad. I guess the drugs are catching up to me. :P

12. jbb94ftOfTherapy

jbb94ftOfTherapy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">My team, the Sonics, has done little to help themselves this off season. B/c we have many tradeable assets, I've been thinking of trade ideas that could be beneficiary to all teams involved.

Since you guys have picked up Kenyon Martin how about a Ray Allen/Vlad Radmonovic/Antonio Daniels for Andre Miller/Nene/Jon Barry proposal. I believe that all three of those Sonics will be free agents (Vlad restricted) next season but I'm sure that adding an All-Star shooting guard would be something that Denver would seriously consider (and Ray would love to be a part of an upcoming ball club). The Sonics would just need to acquire some depth at small forward. Denver would need to acquire depth at the point guard/power forward positions.

Projected lineup for the Supes:

Andre Miller/Luke Ridnour~possibly Damon Jones
    Flip Murray/Jon Barry
    Rashard Lewis/Damien Wilkins/FA
    Danny Fortson/Nick Collison/Reggie Evans
    Nene/Vitaly Potapenko/Jerome James/Robert Swift

Projected lineup for the Nuggets:

Antonio Daniels/Earl Boykins
    Ray Allen/Voshon Lenard
    Carmelo Anthony/Vlad Radmonovic/Rodney White (if he's still around)
    Kenyon Martin/Skita/Ryan Bowen
    Marcus Camby/Francisco Elson

Comments?</div>

HAHAHA ya like we trade away nene and andre miller even if it is for the best pureshooter in the game but naw we cant take that kinda hit

13. jbb94ftOfTherapy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">That would be an absolutely horrible trade for the Sonics. By the way this is the Nuggets forum.</div>
    ya seriously if you guys are here to talk about wat the sonics should do leave this forum

14. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

the initial trade idea is a poor one on the Nuggets' standpoint...KMart and nene give them a formidable frontcourt, and andre miller is a nice point guard with a pass-first mentality...the nuggets already have a dependable outside gunner in voshon lenard, and they can add one more if they choose to re-sign Barry...that trade doesnt really make sense from the Nuggets' standpoint...

15. jbb94ftOfTherapy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tripl3:</div><div class="quote_post">the initial trade idea is a poor one on the Nuggets' standpoint...KMart and nene give them a formidable frontcourt, and andre miller is a nice point guard with a pass-first mentality...the nuggets already have a dependable outside gunner in voshon lenard, and they can add one more if they choose to re-sign Barry...that trade doesnt really make sense from the Nuggets' standpoint...</div>
    FINNLLY! FINNALY! finally i found someone who doesnt need to walk he yellowbrick road to see thewizard and say "if i only had a brain" why the hell would the nuggets give away nene who with melo camby and martin forms the best froncourt outside of detriot and andre miller who can dish with the likes of j kidd and the glove.

16. Iron Shiek

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting boogieman470:</div><div class="quote_post">ya seriously if you guys are here to talk about wat the sonics should do leave this forum</div>

You haven't been at this site long enough to be bullying other posters. If you don't like the trade, that's fine. To be honest w/ u, I don't like the trade either for the Nuggets. We all understand this is the Nuggets forum, and it doesn't take your comments to get this thread back on track.

Just worry about the quality of your posts, the mods will take care of the rest.

17. Xman

Xman JBB JustBBall Member

Well I've already stated that it wasn't a good trade for the sonics, but I see your point boogieman it isn't that good for the nuggets either. With a team that has so many scoring options thewy need someone to distribute the ball. Ray Allen would just take more shots away from your two rising stars. It would leave your pg situation very much like that of the sonics right now, two pg that can be good at times but can be unreliable at aswell. Neither team would do this deal.

18. jbb94ftOfTherapy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">You haven't been at this site long enough to be bullying other posters. If you don't like the trade, that's fine. To be honest w/ u, I don't like the trade either for the Nuggets. We all understand this is the Nuggets forum, and it doesn't take your comments to get this thread back on track.

Just worry about the quality of your posts, the mods will take care of the rest.</div>

haha thats all i can say haha

19. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting boogieman470:</div><div class="quote_post">haha thats all i can say haha</div>

nice comeback very nice............... When I looked at your age I kind've was'nt surprised.

THis trade does'nt really benefit any of the teams and should'nt happen.

The Pistons prove you don't need a roster full of stars to win and The Nuggets don't need another star.

20. jbb94ftOfTherapy

haha even tho u managed to diss me i tottally agreee the last thing denver needs is a star asking for money