Would you send Ebi to get BJAX from the Kings?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Sabretooth, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Minnesota trades: SF Ndudi Ebi (0.8 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 1.9 minutes)
    SG Wally Szczerbiak (10.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.2 minutes)
    Minnesota receives: PG Bobby Jackson (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
    PG Peja Stojakovic (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +2.8 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

Sacramento trades: PG Bobby Jackson (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
    PG Peja Stojakovic (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
    Sacramento receives: SF Ndudi Ebi (0.8 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 17 games)
    SG Wally Szczerbiak (10.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28 games)
    Change in team outlook: -2.8 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Minnesota and Sacramento being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota and Sacramento had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a long shot, but I would call them. I would rather add Hudson instead of Ebi though, but can't run the numbers. Of course the Kings would not do it, but DAMN.

2. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

BJax and Peja would be a huge upgrade over Ebi and Wally. That would make this team very deep, but what I don't like is that we have BJax who runs PG when we already have Cassell and Hudson. That means, BJax, would be the 3rd backup and I don't think he'd go for that. Also, we would have Peja as starter at SF and Hassell off of the bench. At least in this situation, I know Hassell would get more minutes than if we did the Shareef trade and moved KG to SF and put Hassell as a backup. Though, a lot of people are saying Kg should move to center? It might make sense, I mean he is about 7'.

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I would hate losing ebi, but that trade would mean a automatic title for the wolves. It would be a huge ungrade in having a guy who was close to mvp last year and a sixth man of the year for a player who has been injured and a high school player with potential.

We are getting a few of our draft picks back so we dont have to worry about our future and peja and jackson are not that old. If you bring in jackson though that probably means that hudson is not coming back and I dont know how much jackson wants to come back here after we let him go last time he was here. Not to mention the maloofs said they are not trading peja.

4. CUSA Fan

Also, Pure Skillz, you mentioned we give away a player who was once hurt but we recieve one too. BJax missed the end of the season with an abdominal strain or something in that area. How well can we expect him to perform after an injury like that? One of the main reasons I'd want BJax is because of the energy he brings off of the bench.

5. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

the kings would never do that

6. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

I would find hard to believe the Kings would do this, and not each high school will do good and I think Ebi falls under this categorie.

7. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

See, I was thinking that if Peja made such much of a fuss, they'd oblige him. Also, I'd rather send Troy Hudson in place of Ebi.....just because I do. So my trade would've been Troy Hudson and Wally for Peja and Jackson, but Troy would'nt be available for a trade until December.

8. MarkCubanFan

MarkCubanFan JBB JustBBall Member

Dude, u messed up Peja's stats

9. CUSA Fan

Yeah you put BJax's stats in for Peja.

I've heard rumors of Peja possibly going to the Pacers? I highly doubt this trade would happen, even if it did get considered by some. As some have mentioned, it may sound better to throw in Hudson instead of Ebi, which I can agree with. For one, I don't know if I would want to lose Ebi. The kid can be a star in this league and he is learning from a great coach(Flip) and an outstanding player(KG). If he can learn more and more from them about the game, and develop, he can be a great player in this league. Him and KG could reak havoc one day. Also, it would make sense to throw in Hudson because we would be getting BJax, yet another PG in the trade involving Wally and Ebi. Take out Ebi and throw in Hudson and we have BJax as the backup, our 6th man. Otherwise, BJax would be a 3rd backup here to Cassell and Hudson, and he's too good to be a 3rd backup. What he brings off of the bench is amazing. His energy off of the bench is just to helpful to a team.