Would you take Kwame Brown?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Warriorfansnc93, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Personally, I would love to take a shot at a 7ft 270lb guy who can hit over 50% from the field and has yet to break out. He averaged over 10ppg last year in a starting role, could he start at C for us? How about Dunleavy and a 2nd rounder or another player for Kwame...

2. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Sure, why not? We all remember what happened to J. O'Neal...

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

You know, I think he would be a good fit here and could really explode. He is one of my favorite players, and GS and NO are the two teams which he can explode on the most IMO, its just is Washington willing to give up on yet another big?

4. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

He sounds alot like Dampier to me...

5. goldenstatefan

goldenstatefan JBB JustBBall Member

Has anyone seen him play for any extended minutes? Wizards games aren't on television a lot, and he's missed some games this year so I can't say I've watched him much. About the only game I can remember him in was when he scored 30 against Sacramento last year against a comebacking Chris Webber.

But, I was in favor of trading for Curry and I'd probably be in favor of trading for Brown. This is his fourth year, so if he was going to take the next step in his career it should happen soon. His value can't get too much lower, so if the Warriors believe he can develop now would be the time to go after him.

The Warriors would then have the rest of the season to look at him and decide if he was worth giving a long term contract to.

6. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Kwame is a guy who,like Dunleavy, bears the burden of being drafted higher than his skills meritted. Either can improve with time but both may do best with a fresh start. Kwame is like Biedrens,has the basic physical stuff-needs to refine skills to consistantly work hard,play smart. Brown is another tall,young,"natural" born with potential and like others must dedicate to reaching the level he might get to. At this point in time Kwame would not be an upgrade over Foyle,as Adonal at least brings 100% effort and shot blocking always where Kwame flashes some burst of talent then hits cruise control. I remember seeing Olajuwon in college,at first he had the quickness and size but little skill,but over the next 2 years every game I saw he had aded a LOT ,he showed what a real drive to be great is about. Ben Wallace was unnoticed as a college player---had a drive to be great. That drive...and the genes to be 6-11 or 7-1 rarely appear in the same person. You seldom hear of a 6-3 g who is out of shape,lacks work ethic,and has only raw skills...he would be a backup CBA player

7. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

My post came off a bit more negative than intended. The key to Brown's value/price tag and whether the Warriors are willing to play him despite flaws. There are no easy answers to getting a top big man,so one option is to roll the dice and hope this guy,or another "potential" type actually surpasses the hype of some years ago. Bender and Diop were kids picked early who also need to mature,and are even further from being starters. The draft will have a half dozen tall,raw imports who,likewise are a crapshoot. I would be wary of overpaying Kwame,that and overpaying to get him

8. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting goldenstatefan:</div><div class="quote_post">Has anyone seen him play for any extended minutes? Wizards games aren't on television a lot, and he's missed some games this year so I can't say I've watched him much. About the only game I can remember him in was when he scored 30 against Sacramento last year against a comebacking Chris Webber.

But, I was in favor of trading for Curry and I'd probably be in favor of trading for Brown. This is his fourth year, so if he was going to take the next step in his career it should happen soon. His value can't get too much lower, so if the Warriors believe he can develop now would be the time to go after him.

The Warriors would then have the rest of the season to look at him and decide if he was worth giving a long term contract to.</div>

The problem is Curry is playing well now and the bulls are winning. I dont think Curry is on the trading block anymore. I'd take a chance on Kwame also. As long they can sign him for cheap.

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Man, I'm praying for a Damp like center now so who cares if we get Kwame "stonehands" Brown. Might as well. The kid's like as old as Chris Wilcox. That's still really young. Maybe a change of scenery will help him out as well as giving him an unselfish point guard.

10. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

The change of scenery might be good for Kwame. If we can get him for crap, we might have a true C in the next few years [​IMG]