Would You? trade Ben for Tracy McGrady?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by worldchamps9903, Apr 26, 2004.

1. worldchamps9903

worldchamps9903 JBB JustBBall Member

If it worked salary wise and all things considered would you trade Ben Wallace straight up for Tracy McGrady?

I wouldn't.

2. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

First off why do you keep making pointless threads. Second Ben isnt going anywhere and he already played for the magic.

3. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

No, because Ben plays D and rebounds. They got enough offense IMO.

4. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 30 standing ver:</div><div class="quote_post">No, because Ben plays D and rebounds. They got enough offense IMO.</div>

Great answer, offense wins fans, defense wins championships.

5. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

It depends on what kind of identity the Pistons want. They've showed that the want to be a defensive team, so the answer is no.

6. T Streets

T Streets JBB JustBBall Member

From the Pistons stand point no.........From the Magic's stand point no.
    The Magic needs a leader that's what Tracy Mcgrady is and a team like the Pistons don't need a leader they have players who gel well together and not to mention one of the greatest defensive players in the league.I don't think Ben Wallace would be a leader for the magic's. The magic need someone who is going to put points on the board not just rebound and block although it wouldn't hurt to have a rebounder in the Magic's case. If anything I would be begging the Pistons to take Grant Hill back for Ben Wallace. LOL
    [​IMG]

7. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

no dont trade Ben for Trace, but it will be a good idea to trade Rasheed for T-Mac, yeah i like Wallace *2 thing but if i can get T-Mac and get more opportunties for Darko, why not. Darko is Detriot's future, not Ben nor Rasheed.

8. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

No, I would'nt trade Tracy at all. Plus Detroit already has Rip Hamiliton. I think Detroit will still to Ben Wallace for the very long time.

9. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

This is like the third pointless thread like this thats been made by whoever made this i cant remember there name and im too lazy to scroll up.. Why do you keep on posting your fantasys?? Post threads like this if you have a source.

10. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    There ain't no way they will be traded for each other anyways, so why start discussing?

11. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

i think t mac is going to sign as free agent next year with the lakers if kobe is doing 10-15 or signs elsewhere.

12. NTC

NTC Active Member

Hell no, Orlando need T-Mac and Detroit need Ben Wallace, I would never want Big Ben to leave.

13. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

I wonder how the Magic would be if they never traded Ben for Hill. But who knew that Grant Hill would never recover from his injuries.

14. Menolly

Menolly JBB JustBBall Member

No way! Ben is an awesome defender and can still sometime score when needed (although it is rare). I wouldn't change the pistons squad at the minute. Prince, Billups, Hamilton and Wallace x2 are doing a great job. Pistons for the championship!

15. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Never. I don't care how awesome McGrady is offensively, he's got a bad attitude and is immature. Big Ben is a real leader and awesome roleplayer. Apart from that, he's a good player as well. Arguably one of the best defenders in the league, he rebounds, blocks and defends like nobody's business and even starting to gain some serious offensive threats and weapons.

Also, best of all is his attitude. He may seem like a badass, he never says anything right? Unlike the likes of Artest and Bowen, he probably doesn't get into your head. As intimidating as he looks he is a class act, simply just a very intense player in terms of his power and expression. Other than that, he seems like a pretty nice fella' and that's why they like him over there in Detroit. He makes them what they are, if he wasn't there, Detroit probably wouldn't be considered a really good defensive team anymore, let alone good team, they'd end up like Dallas or Sacramento. Hence McGrady's offense is not needed, as they have it in Billups, Prince, Rip, Williamson among others.

16. ZappaFan

ZappaFan JBB JustBBall Member

I would not make this deal. Ben IS the Detroit Pistons right now. And the thing is, Ben just keeps getting better and better.

Orlando would never make this trade anyway. This could possibly be one of those "lose-lose" type of trades. Because if we brought in T-Mac we'd have to ship Rip, and he's another one that just keeps getting better and better. I really think Rip is developing into the next Reggie Miller. When Rip starts stroking that 3 on a regular basis, WATCH OUT!!

17. Menolly

Menolly JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ZappaFan:</div><div class="quote_post">I would not make this deal. Ben IS the Detroit Pistons right now.</div>

Especially in game 3! He was the reason we didn't get whooped by 30+ points!

18. #3#WALLACE#3#

#3#WALLACE#3# JBB JustBBall Member

man that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard because who the hell whould do that Ben 1 of the best rebounders ever and t-mac only scores lik some other guy said before detroit have got R.I.P o ye and they dont evan play the same pos. most trades are made with the players in the same pos.

19. KoBe BrYanT 8

KoBe BrYanT 8 JBB JustBBall Member

Hey TIller?

20. Piston Ky

Piston Ky JBB JustBBall Member

all i know is that ben wallace is a better fit for detroit, because they already got rip