Would you trade for Kenny Thomas or Dalembert?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Sabretooth, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Kenny Thomas' confidence is so shot, he's bordered on depressed, wishing he'd get traded. Samuel Dalembert still hasn't recovered from O'Brien's decision to bench him, knowing free agency is approaching.

Neither Thomas nor Dalembert particularly likes O'Brien, feeling he has negatively affected their games. The same probably could be said for Green, who was benched for two straight games

Dalembert at the 5 can be like another Ratliff. Kenny would not be a bad backup and can play both forward positions (a little small for the 4 though).

This is not a rumor people just a general question

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Kenny Thomas no...I like him as a player but he is a 4, the Wolves are pretty strong at that position, now that griff is backing up KG. Samuel Dalembert yes...the Wolves need a weakside shot blocker like Dalembert because they get in trouble when they give up alot of penetration, because they dont really have anyone to bail out the permieter when those guys get beat. The Problem is what do the Wolves have to give up. The sixers arent taking Wally S, because they are already filled at the shooting guard & small forward position. They really need a PG, but Troy Hudson isnt the type of pg they need. They need a floor General, not a less talented version of Iverson polaying alongside AI. So that leaves Kandiman or Ervin Johnson's cap space potenial, Iam not sure either could entice them to part with Dalembert.

But Dalembert would really be a difference maker for tyhe Wolves at the 5 spot on defense. he cant score but they been getting by without point production since last year. So they can live with him not producing offensively. His defensive impact will make up for that. But wolves just dont have anything to throw their way unless, a package is extended and the Wolves take on one of their bad contracts, but Mchale wont do that. And he shouldnt do that.

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Dalembert is also very efficient and could give you 10ppg on near 50% shooting. Minny really only has one post player. Having two, along with Sam, Wally, Hoiberg, and Troy would make them THE BEST inside out game in the NBA. Along with Spree as a slasher.

Even without another post player I still pick the wolves to go to the finals.

4. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

5. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

That article is kind of strange considering Sammy D has started the last 3 games. During those times he has been proving himself valuble so I'm pretty sure the Sixers are going to try and keep him and re sign him, he did get off to a bad start with Obrien though. But it looks as if things are getting better now he is starting.

You guys could defiantly use him though, but I hope you dont get him. Dalembert is an athletic player and is very quick for someone his size. Dalembert will rebound well and block shots, he isnt a bad inside scorer but he needs work in that area.

As for Thomas, you guys couldnt get much from him, he would have to be a backup behing Garnett wich I doubt he would like, not to mention it would be hard for him at times considering he would be a 6'8 power foward playing in the West.

6. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

Definitely not

7. Pure

Pure JBB Graphic Design

I would not mind Dalambert; but I would puke if we got Thomas. I just don't think Dalambert would do very well with us either. He should go to a team that is in bad need of a solid center. The Bobcats, Suns, and Lakers are just a few to mention.