Would You Want Magloire for 8th Pick?

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

How would you guys feel if we gave up Jamaal Magloire for our eight pick? I?ve been hearing rumors everywhere the Hornets are trying to do everything in their power to get as many picks as they can and they were also after the Raptors 7th pick. Would you think our pick was worth for him? Magloire is not a superstar and never will be but at least with him we know what we?re getting; a solid double-double big man who was even an all-star two seasons ago. Frye and Bynum really do have too many question marks on their games. The safe thing is to do this move, but the risky move would be to draft Frye and especially Bynum. What do we do?

2. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

Well maybe Magloire with Knicks would start to play at difrent motivation level. If you take a look, how B.Davis transformed when he became a Warrior of Golden State. If Knicks can make the deal, it would definetly be better then drafting Frye or Bynum.

3. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

I can't believe that Isiah hasn't knocked down New Orleans' door by now trying to get Magloire. He'd be a better fit for the Knicks than any big man they could get in the draft.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hipokrat_x(LV):</div><div class="quote_post">Well maybe Magloire with Knicks would start to play at difrent motivation level. If you take a look, how B.Davis transformed when he became a Warrior of Golden State. If Knicks can make the deal, it would definetly be better then drafting Frye or Bynum.</div>
    The same thing can be said about Bynum, Frye and even Chris Taft. Their motivation levels is what separate them from being bad to good to great, but Magloire doesn't come across as an underachiever anyway. I think it's more of a matter of what risks you take and if you're Isiah, you?re not going to pass up on that ?next Shaq? for a decent center. He?s made some pretty good draft moves over the years so he?s likely to go with his instincts because history shows they have ended up successful.

5. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

If the Knicks plan on taking a big in the draft, then I think they should try and snag Magloire using their 8th pick. You won't have to worry about his game being questionable everyone knows what Magloire brings to the table. The thing is the Hornets are asking for more then one pick, then you have to wonder if Magloire is worth it.

6. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Schaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">I can't believe that Isiah hasn't knocked down New Orleans' door by now trying to get Magloire. He'd be a better fit for the Knicks than any big man they could get in the draft.</div>I agree 100%. There's not even the slightest bit of doubt in my mind that Vazquez, Frye, Bynum...all options at the 4 or 5 in the Knicks' range have no chance of being as strong of a player as Magloire. I would be very pleased should Isiah execute, and complete the trade. I don't see it though, Isiah may try but I don't see him succeeding.

7. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

Magloire is kinda overrated to me, he never had a spectalar season, he had that one all star year that put him on the map, but the East lacked centers at that time. He's been pretty injury prone over the last couple of years, and I rather have Bynum and Vazquez than this guy, Maglooire is a good rebounder, but everything else he does is average