Would You Welcome Ron Artest In A Pistons Uniform?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by The Captain, Jan 16, 2007.

1. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

With some trade rumors going around Artest, and Joe looking to make a move, would you trade for Ronnie?I'd love Artest here ONLY if he would be willing to come off of the bench. If he would happily, I would drive down to the airport and pick him up myself.I don't know what it would take, I'm dreaming, but I'd like Davis/Flip/1st 07. Most likely be like Nazr, Flip, 1st, and probably Delfino. If it was the former, I'd be jumping up and down. Can you imagine our bench with Artest?Depth Chart Time! WHOOOOOOO!!!Billups/Hunter/BlalockHamilton/DelfinoPrince/ArtestWallace/McDyess/MaxiellWebber/MohammedI'd say the minutes would look like-Artest-20McDyess-15Mohammed-20Delfino-15Hunter-10Maxiell-10Blalock-5That has title written all over it.

2. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

After what happend between the pistons and artest (the brawl thing) ... I don't know but I personaly wouldn't mind Ron Artest as a Detroit Piston.

3. P.R.M.S.

P.R.M.S. BBW Elite Member

I would. The brawl happened almost 2 and a half years ago, it's time to put it in the past. Our bench would be amazing with Artest.

4. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

I think all Pistons fans would welcome Artest with open arms. We care about winning, and he could help us do that. Personal grudges mean nothing.I can't see us getting him though and him willing to come off the bench. He could possibly still get 30 Minutes though that way...kind of like how Ben Gordon does.

5. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think all Pistons fans would welcome Artest with open arms. We care about winning, and he could help us do that. Personal grudges mean nothing.I can't see us getting him though and him willing to come off the bench. He could possibly still get 30 Minutes though that way...kind of like how Ben Gordon does.</div>Pistons fans also care about defense, so thats 2 for Ron-Ron. As for me, I'll welcome him by throwing another cup at him. But, where would he play on this team? He's definately gotta start and I wouldn't push our best clutch defender on the bench.

6. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

I already offered this in a thread earlier and someone totally shut it down - I would take Ron in a split second. Ron Artest is like the Rasheed type player we needed in 2004. If we get him, we're pretty much guaranteed a championship.

7. Yugithatshitoffme

Yugithatshitoffme BBW Member

If it is for the good of the team, then so be it.

8. detroit03

detroit03 BBW Member

Artest as a Piston would give us back some of our defensive identity, and the Malice at the Palace thing is 2 years old and I am sure no one cares

9. Dmoney

Dmoney BBW Elite Member

Artest said he's happy in Sac so I don't think they will trade him but if they did I could see him going to the Heat.

10. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I might welcome Artest to the Pistons. It would be interesting. I've never ever liked Ron Artest. But he's a star defender. I would accept him if:1) He doesn't complain about coming off the bench2) He doesn't complain about anything, actually3) He isn't as selfish as he was in the past.

11. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

I would, everyone has made a few mistakes in life including all of you and everyone deserves to be forgiven. It wasn't all of Artest's fault either, the man through a cup of beer on the guy which is almost as bad as spitting on the guy. I don't hold nothing against Artest, Jackson, or O'neal and I'd welcome any of them if it was to help the team. I don't think Artest will be a piston anytime soon, I don't see him accepting coming off the bench and we don't have enough for Sacramento either.

12. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

I would take him if he doesn't b*tch about coming off the bench. The Palace brawl was two years ago so we gotta forget about that. If he would help the team I would definitely take him.

13. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jan 17 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I might welcome Artest to the Pistons. It would be interesting. I've never ever liked Ron Artest. But he's a star defender. I would accept him if:1) He doesn't complain about coming off the bench2) He doesn't complain about anything, actually3) He isn't as selfish as he was in the past.</div>Thats the thing though, of course he would complain about coming off of the bench. And quite frankly, if he did complain, I would understand completley. A player like Ron Artest wouldnt deserve to come off the bench. Sure, the Pistons would become a deeper team and they would be better on paper for it, but I dont think that it would work out to well. It would break apart team chemsitry, and he would demand more minutes which would take away minutes from guys like Prince and others. I think that if the Pistons are going to try and improve, they are going to need to get a center better than Nazr or Davis...

14. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Jan 17 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think that if the Pistons are going to try and improve, they are going to need to get a center better than Nazr or Davis...</div>Chris Webber anyone?

15. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

If Artest wants a title, he might just have to realize that he would have to come off the bench. There is no chance the the Kings even make the second round.

16. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

I would probably welcome Artest if he somehow contributed to the community in and around Detroit to show that he is really sorry about the BS he caused. He is a hell of a defender and a player like that would be welcomed on a team lacking toughness right now.

17. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Ok, some points need to be made here because this thread is out of line and there's alot of stupidity.- Ron Artest does not come off the bench. He is a premier NBA player in most every facet of the game. He is better than most every SF in the game at defending, hustling, and being a tough son of a bi*ch.- You don't trade for Ron Artest unless you're willing to give up on Rip Hamilton or Tayshaun Prince. One has to lose their job in Detroit, and believe me, Sacto wants one in the trade.- Stop villifying Ron Artest. He is not responsible for "The omgBrawl". Alot of people reacted hastily in an undesirable situation in instinctive ways in which alot of people would do the same. If a beer got dropped on my head in a moment of havoc, I would probably go hunt down the person dropping the beer. Ron Artest is not the devil. He's probably not even an ***hole.He also won't ever play here as long as we're in bed with Rip and Tay. Neither will Kobe, Marion, Iverson, Lebron, Carmelo, Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Paul Pierce, Dwyane Wade, Tracy McGrady, Andre Kirilenko or Jason Richardson.

18. rennyren

rennyren BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jan 20 2007, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, some points need to be made here because this thread is out of line and there's alot of stupidity.- Ron Artest does not come off the bench. He is a premier NBA player in most every facet of the game. He is better than most every SF in the game at defending, hustling, and being a tough son of a bi*ch.- You don't trade for Ron Artest unless you're willing to give up on Rip Hamilton or Tayshaun Prince. One has to lose their job in Detroit, and believe me, Sacto wants one in the trade.- Stop villifying Ron Artest. He is not responsible for "The omgBrawl". Alot of people reacted hastily in an undesirable situation in instinctive ways in which alot of people would do the same. If a beer got dropped on my head in a moment of havoc, I would probably go hunt down the person dropping the beer. Ron Artest is not the devil. He's probably not even an ***hole.He also won't ever play here as long as we're in bed with Rip and Tay. Neither will Kobe, Marion, Iverson, Lebron, Carmelo, Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Paul Pierce, Dwyane Wade, Tracy McGrady, Andre Kirilenko or Jason Richardson.</div>post-script dont forget that pussy assed kevin garnett

19. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

He's not a swingman. I was in a SG/SF train of thought. Where have you been Renny?

20. rennyren

rennyren BBW Member

whats thsi ttalk of jason richardson for nazr and whatever else. I will buss nut if that sh*t cums to fruition.I been dark for a while. playing a lot of chess. been over at pistons.com the last day or so since my basketball excitement is back full swing.