Wouldn't Mind Seeing Him in Orange and Blue...

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

The player that I wouldn?t mind seeing as a Knicks is Jason Collins. I don?t think New Jersey is a good fit for him. I see him putting up Wilt Chamberlain numbers in New York! This is a joke of course, but on the real, I wouldn?t mind seeing Tyson Chandler playing for us here in New York.

The reason why I would like Tyson Chandler is because he has the very thing we need?Defense Call me crazy but doesn?t he remind you of Marcus Camby? He sure does for me. I am not always able to catch Bulls games, but from the few that I have seen, he looks like a pretty good defensive player, and a good rebounder, plays with that. He also seems to play with that effort and ?fire and desire? that we like. Also the Garden would like that. The Garden has a tough crowd but they always appreciate the hustle and effort. That is why JYD is obviously such a crowd favorite. Also the way they use their athleticism to an advantage, is why I think he is just like?Marcus Camby. In 26 minutes this afternoon, he had 13 rebounds and 2 blocks. I think that is pretty impressive. At least it impresses me.

Nazr Mohammed has been pretty good this season. I especially am very pleased how he improved this much. What Knick fan can honestly say, I knew Nazr would be given all-star consideration? Not me or anyone I know here on the Knicks forum. Nazr?s numbers have been pretty impressive, but his defense is well?not what we are really looking for. He has some excellent defensive games sometimes, but on the regular he isn?t an remarkable defensive center. The defense for us has absolutely not been working and I think Chandler?s presence down low, will at least be a step above our <strike>mediocre</strike> horrible defense.

Also another bright spot for us is that he is only 22! He is really young. That?s like the age of a rookie who stayed all 4 years in college. But anyway, he can really develop along with our nice core of players. He seems to be reaching his potential in Chicago, and if he comes to New York, he will really shine?just like Marcus Camby! Anyone remember this guy in those ?99 playoffs? I remember him, and that was the time I loved Pokemon more than the Knicks! At age 9, I used to always watch the Knicks at my uncles house and I always used to remember this tall guy playing good defense and rebounding. I was only a rookie Knicks fan back then, so his presence was far bigger than I could ever imagine, much less able to describe. Marcus Camby was a key equation to the Knicks formula of success. Yes Van Gundy?s coaching, Houston and Sprewell?s scoring, and good role players were also valuable to the Knicks success, but I think we should take one step at a time.

The way those Chicago Bulls are playing, the likely and smart thing they would do, is keep Chandler because he has been a very valuable role player for them. I have said my fair share of silly things here in JBB, and I hope I don?t add to that by saying I would consider sending Kurt Thomas in a package for him. Kurt has been very consistent for us, and his deathly midrange shooting has really helped us, but I?m looking far ahead. Kurt Thomas is a relatively old guy at age 32, and I think it is pretty safe to say he is declining. I think it is kind of like that Charles Oakley and Marcus Camby deal. Oakley was great for the Knicks but again, the future was a factor in the deal. I see Chandler coming to New York, similar to Camby coming to New York, almost like history will repeat itself. Also, with Kurt Thomas gone, Michael Sweetney will be able to blossom more, and really develop. Today, Sweetney had 12 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks in only 25 minutes of action. Now, with Kurt Thomas gone he will probably get maybe 30 minutes a game. He will easily be able to put up a double double, and in addition, I see him averaging a couple of blocks. But, as I said before, the Bulls are probably not looking to deal because everything seems to be going right for them, but if they were, we should definitely take this into consideration. This is definitely risky but, nothing new for us, Isiah Thomas does that all the time. What do you guys think about it? I hope I don?t sound crazy.

2. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

I knew Nazi was gonna be good [​IMG]
    But any way I think Chandler would be good but I rather see Kwame Brown. He is about the same age as chandler and is BROLIC!! I think if we put him on that Mcguire work out program he could be great.He could be better than Jermain Oneal if motivated and he might be easy to get than Chandler. This player looks very promising hopefully we could get him.

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I don't know better than Jermaine O'neal though but I do think he can become a good player. He was drafted from High School so I guess that should say something. Isn't he injuried right now? I guess he really is promising if he was drafted #1 but, he has a long way to go before he can become an elite big man or even a good one. I have heard he does not have the ideal work ethic, of a player with such high expectations.

4. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

chandler might be a good pickup. But he's another potential risk of a player that mails it in. And his inconsistency blends well with Crawford, Houston, Nazr and TT....not a good thing.
    End of the day though i dont think the Bulls are interested in what New York would be selling. It would take ALOT more than Kurt Thomas to make them give up on Chandler. They'd probably consider Kurt, Sweetney and a first rounder...but not much less i'd imagine.

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">chandler might be a good pickup. But he's another potential risk of a player that mails it in. And his inconsistency blends well with Crawford, Houston, Nazr and TT....not a good thing.
    End of the day though i dont think the Bulls are interested in what New York would be selling. It would take ALOT more than Kurt Thomas to make them give up on Chandler. They'd probably consider Kurt, Sweetney and a first rounder...but not much less i'd imagine.</div>
    I disagree. Kurt Thomas is valuable to every team in the league. He plays great defense, he can shoot with the best of them, and he can rebound. On the perimeter he still manages to average about 10rpg. The Bulls even wanted Kurt for Curry. So, Chandler wont be any different. Sweetney has just an upside, of not more than Chandler, so if the Knicks pull this trade not only will they lose a great PF now, but a great PF for the future. Plus a first rounder [​IMG] I don't think so. Even if they were, that means no deal than.

6. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

Okay....will the Bulls even make this trade in the first place? I don't think so. I actually think that they would want to build their core around Chandler, Curry, Gordon, Hinrich and Deng and not a veteran in KT. They already have Antonio Davis in that role.

It wouldn't be bad having Chandler on the Knicks but is it really feasible for Chicago to take the deal? I wouldn't think so.

7. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">Okay....will the Bulls even make this trade in the first place? I don't think so. I actually think that they would want to build their core around Chandler, Curry, Gordon, Hinrich and Deng and not a veteran in KT. They already have Antonio Davis in that role.

It wouldn't be bad having Chandler on the Knicks but is it really feasible for Chicago to take the deal? I wouldn't think so.</div>

I already said Chicago is probably not looking to make any changes because of how well they have been playing. Antonio Davis is a good veteran role player, but because Chicago already has one, does that mean they don't need another one...I don't think so.

If the Knicks were to offer Kurt Thomas, a throw-in, and possibly a 2nd round pick, for Chandler, and a throw-in you're telling me that would not be a good trade? You're acting as if he is a bum or something. Kurt Thomas is 11th in the NBA in rebounds at 9.8, and he is one of the best low post defenders in the league. Not to mention very tough as they come. Chandler did have his share of injuries throughout his career. Judging from his bio, it says he played only 35 games last year. Kurt Thomas is a very good player, very consistent and can help any team out with his shots keeping big men out the paint, and his defense. Yes Chandler is playing well, and inasmuch as he will probably have a good future, I do not see him becoming a superstar. I just see him being a good contributor to a team's success.

So to answer your question do I think it's feasible...if Chicago is willing to deal, then I think it is very feasible however, because Chicago is doing so well, they will probably not as I said.

8. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">I disagree. Kurt Thomas is valuable to every team in the league. He plays great defense, he can shoot with the best of them, and he can rebound. On the perimeter he still manages to average about 10rpg. The Bulls even wanted Kurt for Curry. So, Chandler wont be any different. Sweetney has just an upside, of not more than Chandler, so if the Knicks pull this trade not only will they lose a great PF now, but a great PF for the future. Plus a first rounder [​IMG] I don't think so. Even if they were, that means no deal than.</div>

Kurt is a great complimentary player...no doubt in my mind. When i think of great PF's his name isnt in there, but he's one of the better blue collar big men. Him, Cliff Rob, and PJ Brown, and Donyell. But still. Sweetney might not develop past where he is now, so you cant try trading him as if he's Lebron James or even Chris Bosh. Kurt is old, Chandler is not. A 1 for 1 is impossible doesnt matter how good you think Kurt is. A 2nd rounder is nice...but not nearly enough to make it even. Add Sweetney and they'd consider it, but if you're asking me its Chicago taking the risk. Kurt's production will go down HE'S 33....and still has 4 years left on a pretty hefty contract all things considered.

If you think Kurt and a 2nd rounder for Chandler would even be considered with 1 brain cell for a fraction of a second, than you are so caught up in your bias that you cant seperate facts from dreams.
    My deal would be considered...though i still think Chicago would turn it down because of Thomas's age and length of contract.

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">Kurt is a great complimentary player...no doubt in my mind. When i think of great PF's his name isnt in there, but he's one of the better blue collar big men. Him, Cliff Rob, and PJ Brown, and Donyell. But still. Sweetney might not develop past where he is now, so you cant try trading him as if he's Lebron James or even Chris Bosh. Kurt is old, Chandler is not. A 1 for 1 is impossible doesnt matter how good you think Kurt is. A 2nd rounder is nice...but not nearly enough to make it even. Add Sweetney and they'd consider it, but if you're asking me its Chicago taking the risk. Kurt's production will go down HE'S 33....and still has 4 years left on a pretty hefty contract all things considered.

If you think Kurt and a 2nd rounder for Chandler would even be considered with 1 brain cell for a fraction of a second, than you are so caught up in your bias that you cant seperate facts from dreams.
    My deal would be considered...though i still think Chicago would turn it down because of Thomas's age and length of contract.</div>
    Again Kurt Thomas is getting played. The man is kind of old at 32, I'll give you that but let's not forget his game is like fine wine...keeps getting better year after year. Kurt Thomas has not shown any symptons of being old. No he may not be gifted with athleticism or that overrated vert nonsense, but let's not forget he is still very effective! Kurt Thomas is as consistent as they come and is a very experienced role player. Kurt Thomas is a great PF. Is he a superstar, or will he go down as a legend? I think not but let?s not take away any of his contributions that he has done. You might not remember, but the Knicks and Bulls were in discussions for Eddy Curry. Chicago said they would only agree to an offer of Sweetney or Kurt Thomas was included in the deal.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">Sweetney might not develop past where he is now, so you cant try trading him as if he's Lebron James or even Chris Bosh.</div>
    Are you joking me? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The only way I see Sweetney not reaching his fullest potential is if injuries or something takes a toll on him. For you to say he might not develop past where he is now, shows you do not know much if anything about the Knicks. If you think Sweetney will not develop more than his current state with a fraction of a brain cell, for a fraction of a nanosecond, you are so caught up in your hatred for the Knicks that you can't seperate facts from dreams.

Bottom line is this...Kurt is getting older but is still a good player and consistent, a second round pick provides a nice young rookie, for Chandler who is developing into a good player. How good do you think Chandler will be? The way you make it seem, it sounds as if he is the next Tim Duncan or someone.

10. jbbCourtVision

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">I already said Chicago is probably not looking to make any changes because of how well they have been playing. Antonio Davis is a good veteran role player, but because Chicago already has one, does that mean they don't need another one...I don't think so. </div>Well Chicago isn't exactly in a big need to get into the playoffs at this moment. As I stated before why trade a young player with tons of potential for a good veteran player who has already reached his potential? I'm not saying that he is a bad player by any means but I think Chicago is keeping the core together, rather than make a trade for Kurt.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If the Knicks were to offer Kurt Thomas, a throw-in, and possibly a 2nd round pick, for Chandler, and a throw-in you're telling me that would not be a good trade? You're acting as if he is a bum or something. Kurt Thomas is 11th in the NBA in rebounds at 9.8, and he is one of the best low post defenders in the league. Not to mention very tough as they come. Chandler did have his share of injuries throughout his career. Judging from his bio, it says he played only 35 games last year. Kurt Thomas is a very good player, very consistent and can help any team out with his shots keeping big men out the paint, and his defense. Yes Chandler is playing well, and inasmuch as he will probably have a good future, I do not see him becoming a superstar. I just see him being a good contributor to a team's success.</div>Why would it be a good trade? Sure Kurt is a very good player. But it is Chandler's potential that would keep him in Chicago. Who would you rather keep on your roster:

A 22 year old 7'1 player with potential? Or a 30 year old 6'9 power foward who has probably reached his potential already? Bring all the throw-in's you want into the trade. It is just not a logical trade and knowing the direction Chicago is headed with 5 young and talented players playing well together, it is just not smart on their end.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So to answer your question do I think it's feasible...if Chicago is willing to deal, then I think it is very feasible however, because Chicago is doing so well, they will probably not as I said.</div>Of course if Chicago is willing to do it, it would be feasible. The question is would Chicago BE WILLING to do it? Hell no.

Maybe if you said Kurt Thomas and Trevor Ariza for Chandler and another serviceable player, then maybe it would be more logical. But offering Kurt and throw-ins for Chandler is like pissing in the wind.

Why this up in the first place? It's like me saying that I think Desmond Mason is a good fit for the Raptors. Sure we can say that, but what does it matter? It's not going to happen in the first place.

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">Well Chicago isn't exactly in a big need to get into the playoffs at this moment. As I stated before why trade a young player with tons of potential for a good veteran player who has already reached his potential? I'm not saying that he is a bad player by any means but I think Chicago is keeping the core together, rather than make a trade for Kurt.

Why would it be a good trade? Sure Kurt is a very good player. But it is Chandler's potential that would keep him in Chicago. Who would you rather keep on your roster:

A 22 year old 7'1 player with potential? Or a 30 year old 6'9 power foward who has probably reached his potential already? Bring all the throw-in's you want into the trade. It is just not a logical trade and knowing the direction Chicago is headed with 5 young and talented players playing well together, it is just not smart on their end.</div>
    Chandler has potential but how good do you think he will be? From what you are writing, it seems as if he will average more than 20 and 10. If you feel that he will become that good them maybe it should not be done. Kurt Thomas will probably be a nice 12ppg 8+rpg for a bit of time. He is 30 but let's not forget consistent! He will contribute no matter what age. Kurt Thomas will be an excellent fit in Chicago. He has a nice PG in Hinrich, and with Kurt out on the perimeter, he will open things up for Hinrich's and Gordon's 3 point shooting, and Curry space to do his thing in the post. They also have his leadership, and veteran experience which is priceless and can only be learned by the person witnessing it. I see Chandler becoming a Marcus Camby like player. He was good but I don't think a superstar. It is all about how much you think he will develop.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">Of course if Chicago is willing to do it, it would be feasible. The question is would Chicago BE WILLING to do it? Hell no.

Maybe if you said Kurt Thomas and Trevor Ariza for Chandler and a throw in, then maybe it would be more logical. But offering Kurt and throw-ins for Chandler is like pissing in the wind.

Why this up in the first place? It's like me saying that I think Desmond Mason is a good fit for the Raptors. Sure we can say that, but what does it matter? It's not going to happen in the first place.</div>
    I did say a second round pick didn't I? Ariza and Kurt Thomas is not feasible for New York and the fact that you said maybe it will be more logical, shows how you are underrating the Knicks.

I made this thread because I wanted to know peoples opinion of Chandler as a Knick. I also wanted to know what they thought about the future of our C position. It may not have a good chance of happening but, I think I'm entitled to make whatever thread I want. If you think it is 'pointless' to get the opinion of fellow Raptor fans on a deal you feel is beneficial, that's you. Don't worry about me. I'll do me, and you do you.

12. jbbCourtVision

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Chandler has potential but how good do you think he will be? From what you are writing, it seems as if he will average more than 20 and 10. If you feel that he will become that good them maybe it should not be done. Kurt Thomas will probably be a nice 12ppg 8+rpg for a bit of time. He is 30 but let's not forget consistent! He will contribute no matter what age. Kurt Thomas will be an excellent fit in Chicago. He has a nice PG in Hinrich, and with Kurt out on the perimeter, he will open things up for Hinrich's and Gordon's 3 point shooting, and Curry space to do his thing in the post. They also have his leadership, and veteran experience which is priceless and can only be learned by the person witnessing it. I see Chandler becoming a Marcus Camby like player. He was good but I don't think a superstar. It is all about how much you think he will develop. </div>I see Kurt as a short term solution for the Bulls and Chandler the long term solution that is still developing but has a lot of talent.

Potential is what it is. We could say that Sweetney has a ton of potential but may never realize it because he is undersized and overweight. Chandler is still 22 years old and he is still working hard in the gym to avoid those injuries that you keep on bringing up. Potential is what it is but what Chicago has at the moment is perfect. They have a team growing up together with a grizzled vet in Antonio Davis to show them the ropes and make them work hard.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I did say a second round pick didn't I? Ariza and Kurt Thomas is not feasible for New York and the fact that you said maybe it will be more logical, shows how you are underrating the Knicks.</div>I edited my last thread to say Ariza and Thomas for Chandler and a serviceable player. Kurt Thomas and a second rounder is not Feasible for Chandler and a throw in. That is what you first proposed. I was trying to make the trade fair for Chicago sake.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I made this thread because I wanted to know peoples opinion of Chandler as a Knick. I also wanted to know what they thought about the future of our C position. It may not have a good chance of happening but, I think I'm entitled to make whatever thread I want. If you think it is 'pointless' to get the opinion of fellow Raptor fans on a deal you feel is beneficial, that's you. Don't worry about me. I'll do me, and you do you.</div>It's cool that you made this thread. That is fine. But when you offer up Thomas and a second rounder for Chandler and a throw in? I mean you could do better than that.

BTW I never asked for the Raptors opinions on this trade. I just spoke out on a bad trade that will never happen, thats all. [​IMG]

13. jbbCourtVision

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Chandler has potential but how good do you think he will be? From what you are writing, it seems as if he will average more than 20 and 10. If you feel that he will become that good them maybe it should not be done. Kurt Thomas will probably be a nice 12ppg 8+rpg for a bit of time. He is 30 but let's not forget consistent! He will contribute no matter what age. Kurt Thomas will be an excellent fit in Chicago. He has a nice PG in Hinrich, and with Kurt out on the perimeter, he will open things up for Hinrich's and Gordon's 3 point shooting, and Curry space to do his thing in the post. They also have his leadership, and veteran experience which is priceless and can only be learned by the person witnessing it. I see Chandler becoming a Marcus Camby like player. He was good but I don't think a superstar. It is all about how much you think he will develop. </div>I see Kurt as a short term solution for the Bulls and Chandler the long term solution that is still developing but has a lot of talent.

Potential is what it is. We could say that Sweetney has a ton of potential but may never realize it because he is undersized and overweight. Chandler is still 22 years old and he is still working hard in the gym to avoid those injuries that you keep on bringing up. Potential is what it is but what Chicago has at the moment is perfect. They have a team growing up together with a grizzled vet in Antonio Davis to show them the ropes and make them work hard.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I did say a second round pick didn't I? Ariza and Kurt Thomas is not feasible for New York and the fact that you said maybe it will be more logical, shows how you are underrating the Knicks.</div>I edited my last thread to say Ariza and Thomas for Chandler and a serviceable player. Kurt Thomas and a second rounder is not Feasible for Chandler and a throw in. That is what you first proposed. I was trying to make the trade fair for Chicago sake.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I made this thread because I wanted to know peoples opinion of Chandler as a Knick. I also wanted to know what they thought about the future of our C position. It may not have a good chance of happening but, I think I'm entitled to make whatever thread I want. If you think it is 'pointless' to get the opinion of fellow Raptor fans on a deal you feel is beneficial, that's you. Don't worry about me. I'll do me, and you do you.</div>It's cool that you made this thread. That is fine. But when you offer up Thomas and a second rounder for Chandler and a throw in? I mean you could do better than that.

14. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">I see Kurt as a short term solution for the Bulls and Chandler the long term solution that is still developing but has a lot of talent.

Potential is what it is. We could say that Sweetney has a ton of potential but may never realize it because he is undersized and overweight. Chandler is still 22 years old and he is still working hard in the gym to avoid those injuries that you keep on bringing up. Potential is what it is but what Chicago has at the moment is perfect. They have a team growing up together with a grizzled vet in Antonio Davis to show them the ropes and make them work hard.</div>
    Undersized yes, overweight? Sweetney was overweight last year and has really worked hard in the summer to get that extra weight off. This guy is pretty quick for his size. Although undersized, he still utilizes his size to an advantage. That combination of agility, and size is lethal. Sweetney always will get to the line for you. I don't see why everyone is hating on Sweetney all of a sudden. I thought that was cleared up in the begining of the season. You did bring up Chandler working hard but you failed to mention Sweetney.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I edited my last thread to say Ariza and Thomas for Chandler and a serviceable player. Kurt Thomas and a second rounder is not Feasible for Chandler and a throw in. That is what you first proposed. I was trying to make the trade fair for Chicago sake.</div>
    Let me ask you, how good do you expect Chandler to be. 2nd rounders are great. I can tell you a ton of great second rounders.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It's cool that you made this thread. That is fine. But when you offer up Thomas and a second rounder for Chandler and a throw in? I mean you could do better than that.

BTW I never asked for the Raptors opinions on this trade. I just spoke out on a bad trade that will never happen, thats all. [​IMG]</div>
    Interesting... personally, I do not feel that it is an unfair deal. I wonder what other Knicks and Bulls fans will have to say about it.

15. jbbCourtVision

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Undersized yes, overweight? Sweetney was overweight last year and has really worked hard in the summer to get that extra weight off. This guy is pretty quick for his size. Although undersized, he still utilizes his size to an advantage. That combination of agility, and size is lethal. Sweetney always will get to the line for you. I don't see why everyone is hating on Sweetney all of a sudden. I thought that was cleared up in the begining of the season. You did bring up Chandler working hard but you failed to mention Sweetney.</div>I never said that Sweetney does not have potential but we gotta just take it for what it is at the moment. Chandler and Sweetney are in similar positions right now. They are two players that just haven't reached their potential yet but if they do, it will be scary. That alone is reason enough to keep the dudes on your roster.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Let me ask you, how good do you expect Chandler to be. 2nd rounders are great. I can tell you a ton of great second rounders. </div>Dude, for every second rounder that "made" it to the NBA I can tell you 50-100 more second rounders that didn't make it. We all know that most-all of the talent is in the first round.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Interesting... personally, I do not feel that it is an unfair deal. I wonder what other Knicks and Bulls fans will have to say about it.</div>True. I see no point to a Knick fan and a Raptor fan going at it for this trade. CHICAGO FANS STAND UP AND SAY SOMETHING DAMNIT![​IMG]