WOW!! Darko showing his skills in practise...

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, May 25, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">He rolls to the left. Swish.

He rolls to the right. Swish.

He puts the ball on the floor, crosses over and attacks the basket. Slam.

He takes the ball on the block, throws a shoulder into his defender and attacks again. Slam.

The trainer throws the ball off the backboard. Darko grabs it in mid-air. Slam. Again. Slam. Again. Slam.

He takes the ball outside the NBA 3-point line, turns to the basket, dribbles once, then glides through the air. Kaboom.

Time stands still for just a second as Darko pauses, waiting for everyone else to catch their breath.

Then he trots to the free-throw line and starts shooting. He is relentless. He continues, pounding the ball inside. He hits a baby hook with his left hand. Then he does with his right hand. Darko seems to use his left and right equally.

A second later he's standing three feet beyond the NBA 3-point line. Swish. Swish. Swish.

Forty-five minutes later the trainers are sweating. Everyone has seen enough. More than enough.

Darko looks to his agent and asks, "More?"

"No."

He shrugs his shoulders and begins running laps around the gym.

Rick Carlisle looks stunned for the entire 10 minutes he watches. Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton shake their heads in amazement. Joe Dumars' mouth didn't close the entire time. His jaw was on the floor.
    </div>

WOW!!!!!!!!!! is all i can say about this...i can't wait for next season..

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

doeswnt matter how greaet he is if he cant stay healthy.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

He sounds great but I dont think anyone was guarding him then we will see how good he is.

4. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

I love his work ethic, all europeans play for the game...not the cash. thats the perfect attitude.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">doeswnt matter how greaet he is if he cant stay healthy.</div>

Huh? why wouldn't he stay heathly?

6. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

I can't wait either...he will either make or break Detroit...

7. olskoolfunktitude

cause hes gonna take more punishment throughout the course of the year than hes ever taken before. he looks a little soft and hes young. you dont know

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

he is 7'2 and 265..i doubth he will get beat up...

9. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

wait till shaq or duncan gets a piece of him, he wont seem so special...LOL j/p

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Darko will hold his own against both...but he is only 17 so he won't dominate them..YET!!

11. olskoolfunktitude

at seventeen hell be lucky he survives against them and the tougher powerforwards as well

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

He is the best big man big ever at that age..all the coaches say...he won't get beat up....if ming didn't darko won't.

13. olskoolfunktitude

hes not the best big man ever. having a great hsot is fine for the earupean leagues but you have to be a tough man to make it in the NBA and darko hasnt proven that

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I will take the coaches word for it than any fans....he has skills that you wouldn't believe for someone his size...lebron,melo havn't proved much either...they played against kids and boys...at 17 darko played against pro's..big difference

15. olskoolfunktitude

not much difference. i bet carmello played against tougher players in college than darko did in the """ pros """. he has skills and can hit the long shot but so can mehmett okur....so can walter mcCarty. Darko will be a solid player but he wont be a superstar

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

LOL you comparing darko to okur and crappy mcCarty? LOL!! darko wouldn't be getting so much hype at 17 and being the 2nd pick if he wasn't going to be a superstar....there aren't many big men in this league..he will fill the spot left by shaq....he can do more than shoot the ball...he is a great defender..he can rebound.. a great post player...and gets blocks..

this kid will be speical....he will be alot more than soild...but it's bad news for the rest of the east and the league that pistons got this 2nd pick

17. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

in his prime (in 5-7 years from now)

i think he will be averaging 20-25 ppg 7-12 rpg, he will be good someday, but i think it will take a long time.

18. olskoolfunktitude

sure he would. people get hype all hte time and dont turn into superstars. after vince carter won the slam dunk compettition people said he was going to be the next jordan. hell be solid. mcarty is solid. okur is solid. darko will be a little better than them. might even make an all star team or two. wont ever win an MVP awrd or anything

19. olskoolfunktitude

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">in his prime (in 5-7 years from now)

i think he will be averaging 20-25 ppg 7-12 rpg, he will be good someday, but i think it will take a long time.</div>

another good point. he wont reach his prime for several years. odds are detroit will have traded him by then.. thats what happens to most high picks that young

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">. hell be solid. mcarty is solid. okur is solid. darko will be a little better than them. might even make an all star team or two. wont ever win an MVP awrd or anything</div>

Why do you think mcarty is good? darko will only be a little better than him? LOL more like 10 times better...no one has seen a guy like this for a while..best player since duncan entered the NBA..and he has more range than TD.

darko won't start on a poor team so he won;t have to produce alot...but with time he will be a great player and help lead us to a title