Wow, it's quiet in here.

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by odde23, Sep 26, 2005.

1. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

While we sit around and sweat it out waiting for Reggie Evans to sign, ponder this. Jimmy Rollins is on a 30 game hitting streak. He has doubles up the yin, stolen bases up the yang, and 12 of his last 17 games have been multi-hit proformances. With Ken Lofton hitting .400+ and Rookie Ryan Howard Exploding in seemingly every pitchers face (trailing only David Ortiz in home runs in the last thirty), why are the Phillies just 17-13. Shouldn't they be better than this? Well, the only logical explanation is chemistry. As the Seattle Mariners taught us after thier 116 win season, DON"T mess with chemistry. When you have a good thing, stick with it.

What am I trying to say?

Sign Reggie Evans and put him back in the starting line-up.

2. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Odde24:</div><div class="quote_post">blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Seattle Mariners blah blah blah blah blah 116 win season, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah?

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah </div>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

[​IMG]</div>

[​IMG]

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I read that Evans and Flip are expected to be signed one way or another within the next week or so, but who knows. There is nothing to talk about at the moment, except maybe my fantasy team so far.

PG - Dre Miller
    SG - Kobe
    G - Maggette
    SF - Artest
    F -
    PF -
    C - Brad Miller
    C -
    Util -
    Util -
    Bench -
    Bench -
    Bench -

Yay!

In other news, the guy I wanted in the second round avoided instant death by an inch.

5. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

By the way, Ryan Howard in baseball will be the equivalent to Amare Stoudamire in basketball. He is an absolute stud.

For an offseason that was supposed to be frantic and hectic, there wasn't much news in the Seattle camp. I'm guessing that we will return both Evans and that other guy at qualifying offers only because if they haven't reached a long term agreement now, I don't expect them to do it by the end of the week.

SD, a sleeper pick in the fantasy draft this year will be Gordon Giricek. With Raja Bell and Krik Snyder gone, and Devin Brown not being able to stretch the "D" with his jumper, he will be manning the two guard spot almost exclusively this year.

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

How many freakin' games does a team play in a regular Major League basketball season?

116 win season?!

Ridiculous.

7. odde23

162 games in a baseball season. 116 wins ties the major league record. I bring it up because they then traded David Bell. Who is David Bell? He was just a good chemistry guy. Nothing special, but a great guy to have in the clubhouse. This left most of the players scratching thier heads. The team has been in a nosedive since.

Good call Shiek, Ryan Howard is a monster.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

So they play basically double the amount of games an NBA player does, and games last longer too?

I know you get a lot of time to sit around in baseball as opposed to the rigours of professional basketball, but that's still crazy.

Do they even have time for an offseason?

9. odde23

They have time for an offseason because they play nearly every day during the season.