Wow -- Parker vs. Baron

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Feb 2, 2006.

1. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Parker scores as many points as Baron, but shoots a whopping 55% from the field on the year. WTF?!?!

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AlleyOop:</div><div class="quote_post">Parker scores as many points as Baron, but shoots a whopping 55% from the field on the year. WTF?!?!</div>

He also leads the league in points in the paint. Having a Tim Duncan on your team makes life easier. Parker spent all summer with Steve Kerr's "shot dr." and his jumper has also improved. The main difference this year is Parker taking advantage of some changes in the rules. He's taking full advantage of defenders not being able to be physical with him anymore.

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Wow Shape, nice insight.

I'm floored Tony Parker leads the league in Points in the Paint -- I mean I can believe it, but wow -- it's a partial testament to the benifit of playing with the Big Fundy, but ... I would have wagered my $ that it is the Big Fundy himself who leads in Points in the Paint.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AlleyOop:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow Shape, nice insight.

I'm floored Tony Parker leads the league in Points in the Paint -- I mean I can believe it, but wow -- it's a partial testament to the benifit of playing with the Big Fundy, but ... I would have wagered my $ that it is the Big Fundy himself who leads in Points in the Paint.</div>

I think Duncan is second or third, and Marion rounds out the top 3.

5. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

The contrast between a guy who gets it and someone who does not. Maybe Parker does not shine as well with the Warriors, but he's got a nice shot selection and he shoots the 18 footer rather than jacking up the 3.