WR Jackson out 4 weeks

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by SickVick7, Oct 8, 2005.

1. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Darrell Jackson will undergo surgery next week to repair the lateral meniscus in his right knee and will be sidelined at least four weeks, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports.Coach Mike Holmgren said Friday that Jackson and wide receiver Bobby Engram would not play at St. Louis on Sunday. Holmgren said Joe Jurevicius and D.J. Hackett would start. Engram cracked two ribs on the first play of last Sunday's 20-17 overtime loss at Washington. Engram had nine catches for 106 yards for the Seahawks (2-2), but did not play after the third quarter. Jackson has a bone bruise in his right knee that was aggravated against Washington. Holmgren said Jackson was getting the second opinion to make sure doctors in Florida were seeing the same injury as team physicians. Jackson is third in the NFL with 29 receptions and Engram is tied for fourth with 27. Jurevicius, signed as a free agent in the offseason, has seven catches for 103 yards and two TDs. Hackett will be making his first NFL start. "I think they have had a good week of practice and they have functioned well," Holmgren said. "I don't see any reason to change too much."</div>Seattles #1 WR out for 4 weeks. How do u think this will effect their offense?

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

That is huge, keep in mind they already lost Koren Robinson this offseason and Engram is banged up as well. Their current WR core is Joe Jurivicious, D.J. Hackett, and I believe Peter Warrick and that isnt good enough to get the Job Done. Rams win this next game.

3. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

Shaun Alexander will have to step up big time these next 4 weeks because they are going to give the ball to him a lot because of the weak passing game. Keep in mind, Jackson is 7th in the league in reception yards(376) and 2/5 TD's Hasselback has thrown have gone to Jackson also.

4. NFLCChosen One

NFLCChosen One NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Ouch, their #1 guy. This will definitely hurt their offense, ad Venom said, they don't have the WR corp to it done right now. Somebody will really have to step it up, and I mean big time.