WR Trade

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by links, May 18, 2006.

1. links

links NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Full Story Link <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Eagles swapped receivers with the Vikings on Thursday, acquiring rookie Hank Baskett in exchange for veteran Billy McMullen.A University of New Mexico product, Baskett becomes the latest addition to a young receiving corps in Philadelphia. He originally signed with Minnesota as a rookie free agent.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>A college star himself at Virginia, McMullen did not have a lot of passes thrown his way during his three years in Philadelphia and subsequently struggled with his consistency. Entering 2005, he saw most of his action on special teams and had just four receptions to his credit.A third-round pick in 2003, McMullen finally got some extended playing time in '05 and showed some flashes along the way with his 18 receptions for 268 yards and a touchdown. He'll now be reunited with his former offensive coordinator, Brad Childress, and quarterback Mike McMahon in Minnesota.</div>I really hope Childress knows something about McMullen. I thought Baskett was a great rookie free agent signing for us.

2. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Trust me, you guys got the better end of the deal.

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Even trade IMO. Not going to make any team better.

4. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters NFLC nflcentral.net Graphics Crew

Trade means nothing to me. He might be our 5th WR if he's lucky.

5. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ May 18 2006, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Trust me, you guys got the better end of the deal.</div>:lol:McMullen is absolutely terrible. This was a STEAL for Philly..Well, a potential steal at least. It's like trading a piece of garbage for a mystery bag.

6. Tobzilla

Tobzilla NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Meh...we're so deep a WR.

7. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

I didn't ever hear about this. Baskett was sloppy in all of his workouts, which is why he was undrafted. Even trade for both teams.