Wranglers defeat Brawlers

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, Mar 26, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Allen Wranglers nabbed a 42-26 win over the Bricktown Brawlers Friday night at Allen Event Center, but the highlight of the game came late in the third quarter when wide receiver Bobby Chase's did his dirty bird victory dance.

Chase and wife welcomed a son into their family on March 24th; the inspiration for his spirited end zone dance came from a conversation with his father in the hospital.

"We were in the room and my dad said 'I want you to score a touchdown for me and I want you to do this dance,'" Chase explained. "So I did the dirty bird for him."

Friday's matchup was the second meeting between the Brawlers and the Wranglers; the Wranglers defeated the Brawlers earlier this month in Oklahoma City by a score of 39-36. The Wranglers improved their record to 2-2; the Brawlers now sit at 2-3.

Bricktown struck first with a touchdown pass from quarterback Nate Samas; the Wranglers answered with 21 points of their own highlighted by a Wonseleh Brewer 49--yard pick six. The Brawlers would take it to the end zone one more time to make the score 21-14 at the half.

The third quarter opened with a Kewan Dewberry completion which set up a Garrett Courtney field goal. The Brawlers responded with two touchdowns and two missed extra points. Dewberry connected with Bobby Chase for the pair's third touchdown of the game after two Garrett Courtney field goals.

Dewberry threw for 164 yards, 101 of those to Chase. Defensive Back Frankie Solomon had a standout performance with 2 kick returns for 56 yards. The Wranglers travel to Amarillo next week to take on the Venom. The team returns home to welcome special guest Roger Staubach and will host the West Texas Roughnecks on April 8th. Kickoff for that game is set for 7:35 p.m.