Wright/Belinelli vs Randolph/Morrow

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Mar 26, 2009.

?

Which duo would you rather keep and why?

1. Brandan Wright/Marco Belinelli

40.0%
  2. Anthony Randolph/Anthony Morrow

60.0%
  1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Which duo would you rather keep and why?

2. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

Is there a reason that we need to choose 1 duo and why are they paired like that?

Of those duos I'd keep Wright/Beli because Wright looks like he could be a traditional 4 and Beli is a well rounded 2. For all Randolph's potential, there a good chance he never becomes as good as Jamison-who will never lead a winning team.

If I had to choose only 2 of those guys it's Randolph and Wright because AR still does have the potential to be a star. 2s are fairly easy to replace and I'd put Beli ahead of Morrow on my wish list becuase I think he can run the offense in a half court set and he makes others, especially Andris, better. Morrow just shoots well.

I'd really like to keep all of them though. My future team would be built around
    PG- Monta
    SG- Beli/Morrow
    SF- AR/Maggette
    PF- Wright
    C- Beans/Turiaf

I think Beli and AR's games compliment each other with AR cutting and being fed by Beli. Beli also provides the outside shooting in that lineup. Morrow and Maggette also compliment each other and I'd put them together because Mags does not need anyone to set him up to get to the basket and Morrow is the better kick out shooter. The key with them though is I'd like to put them with a defensive minded, true PG who can control the flow of the game because they could get blown out if Maggette is forcing too much or Morrow is having an off night. Hinrich would be ideal. I want crawford gone. I don't necessarily want Jax gone but he doesn't really fit with the team I'd be trying to build. Maybe keep him as the starting 2 and move Beli to a backup role and Morrow out the door. I'm getting really sick of Azu acting like Maggette but just not as good (though he is a good value); I'd move him in a second.

Despite all the Morrow>Maggette talk, for me it's Maggette>Azu and Beli>Morrow. I think that is abetter comparison considering their roles on the team.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I was just comparing the rookie big man/little man combo to the sophomores version.

4. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I'll take the Anthony's. I like Beli more than Morrow. I think hes better at everything except rebounding and shooting (still a really solid shooter though). Beli can create shots for himself and others, Morrow can't do either. Beli has really nice vision, good handle, can penetrate, makes the right passes, really gets the ball moving, and I really like his defense.

But I still take Randolph/Morrow because I really like Randolph more than Wright. I was extremely skeptical of Randolph earlier but hes really turned it around and I just love his attitude compared to Wright. Randolph REALLY gets after it. He just wants to annihilate everyone constantly like a Jordan, Kobe, KG, etc. Hes very intense. His post scoring isn't on par with Wright but he blows Wright out of the water when it comes to rebounding and I think his defense is better than Wright's too even though Wright is a 2nd year player and Randolph is a rookie. Furthermore, Randolph appears to be a lot stronger than Wright, he holds his own better in the paint I believe partly due to strength but also partly due to his toughness and attitude. Randolph is a gamer. There's value in Wright's calm demeanor but lately I've been wishing he were more aggressive and physical. The whole Dunleavy situation has really scared me off from aggressive players. I'd rather have an overly aggressive guy who coaches need to tell to reign it in a little bit than a guy who isn't aggressive enough by nature and is forced to be more aggressive.

Bottom line is Randolph is just tougher, more of a gamer, he really, really wants it all the time. He kills Wright in rebounding. He holds his own better on D IMO. I think hes stronger/heavier than Wright. The post game isn't quite where Wright's is but his handle and jumpshot are even better and hes two years younger. While Wright has the occasional really solid game, I often see him getting manhandled on either side of the ball. Despite Randolph's more polar emotional state, I think hes more of a steady contributor even though hes younger.

I like all these guys though. We have a solid core. Don't forget Monta and Beans are only 22/23, Turiaf is only 25 IIRC, Azu is only about 24. Add in a 7/8 pick in this draft which could land us a Greg Monroe, Tyreke Evans, DeMar DeRozan, Al-Farouq Aminu, Earl Clark, some random PG, etc. and thats looking like a very impressive young core.

5. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I'll take the A's. Based solely on Randolph. All players have the chance to be real good, but Randolph has the chance to be a star. Pair him with anyone on the roster (not named Monta/Beans) and I'd take him.

I'll Take Randolph/Kurz over Wright/Belly.

6. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    As much as I love Belinelli, you can't disregard Randolph anymore. The high hopes I had before are even higher now. I grin every time he makes a good play and remind myself he's only 19! 19!!!

His body is already bigger than Wright's, and he's only 19!

If there's a way to keep Randolph, Morrow, AND Belinelli...I'm a happy camper.