Wright Likes It Here -- For Now

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Shapecity, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">OAKLAND -- Rookie forward Brandan Wright held up a white home jersey bearing the number 32 and smiled for the cameras Monday as the Warriors introduced two of the three players they acquired last week on NBA draft night.

But instead of sounding like a 19-year-old, fresh-faced newbie with all of one year's experience at North Carolina, Wright spoke like a seasoned veteran when talking about his chances of wearing that shirt in a live NBA contest.

"Until you actually get on the court," Wright said, "you don't know what's going to happen."

So it is for Wright, whose status with the Warriors probably can't be considered rock-solid until Minnesota finally off-loads star forward Kevin Garnett or announces publicly that he will remain a member of the Timberwolves for the foreseeable future. As of Monday, Golden State remained one of the most talked-about possible destinations for Garnett, who has been shopped vigorously by Minnesota management this summer, with Wright being one of the key pieces in most every realistic scenario.

Armed with the experience of one NBA trade already under his belt -- coming from Charlotte, where he was the No. 8 overall selection, to Golden State in exchange for guard Jason Richardson -- Wright is remaining in a laid-back posture regarding the KG speculation.

"Right now, I feel good about the situation. I feel like everything's in place, but if I were to be traded, it would be just one of those things, a business decision," Wright said.</div>

Source: Conta Costa Times

2. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I would rather not trade for KG. I hope we see Wright, Ellis, Marco and Beans in GS unis this coming season [​IMG]

3. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

it's weird...when i first heard that wright was going to be used to get KG, i was thrilled...the more i dwell on it, the less I want KG...he's just too old to be throwing away all our young talent for...EXTREMELY young talent...KG has 10+ years on all of those guys.