Wright Pulls a Fast One

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by The Walrus, Jul 7, 2007.

1. The Walrus

The Walrus JBB JustBBall Member

Wright Will Miss Opener
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jul 7 - Brandan Wright's "unlimited potential" is going to remain just that. The Warriors will be without their top rookie for today's opener, and possibly for the rest of summer league, <font size=""3"">with an injury that caught the coaching staff off-guard.</font>

Wright has a strained right hip flexor and is sitting out practices for the foreseeable future. The new Warrior said the injury occurred in April during an informal workout with his former North Carolina teammates after their NCAA Tournament run ended, and never fully healed during the pre-draft process.

"It's real sore," Wright said Friday. "I haven't rested these last two months, so we'll take it real slow. It really hasn't gotten better." -- San Francisco Chronicle</div>

<div align="center">[​IMG]

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Its not a big deal. If it was not evident during his predraft workouts, who cares. He is just resting it so he will be 100% for training camp/regular season when it matters...

3. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

That's too bad though, I was looking forward to getting a look at him in summer league games. They play New Orleans today so it would have been Wright vs. Wright. Oh well. I'm sure the Warriors would have liked a preview as well, and if Wright is still involved in trade talks, that could certainly affect it.

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah that sucks -- it seems like every year one of our picks has to sit out camp -- remember Diogu broke his hand or something and missed the summer -- he never did get on track that year. Didn't it happen with POB too? And others?

5. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Dude Bellinelli is on FIRE right now from three -- fast break pull up from three -- then a rediculous three from way behind the line -- he's putting on a show for the crowd -- now a steal and a dunk!!!

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I didn't even know about this until I opened up the thread.

Oh well... it's better to rest the guy for the upcoming 82 game season. As a big player, the organization shouldn't take any risk with pushing this guy's body when it can't heal that fast. Bigger guys always have it tough when it comes to bone and joint injuries compared to the smaller guys.

7. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

Hopefully he will be able to be fit and in nba condition when the season starts. I'm just worried that he will miss alot of time and Nelly will hardly used him as he did with O'bryant and Diogu and end up riding the pine.

8. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Duckmyster Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hopefully he will be able to be fit and in nba condition when the season starts. I'm just worried that he will miss alot of time and Nelly will hardly used him as he did with O'bryant and Diogu and end up riding the pine.</div>

I doubt that. Diogu and O'Bryant were not running players, Wright is.