WWE Raw 2/14 - Update on the 2/21/11 announcement and the Wrestlemania host reveal

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by Moo2K4, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

The show itself was solid. The Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz match was pretty good, as was Cena vs. CM Punk. However, there were two things that stood out above everything else.

First, 2/21/11 looks like it's The Undertaker. The vignette they cut tonight definitely showed him in it, so I'd be damn shocked if he doesn't come back next week on Raw. This sucks for SmackDown though, because they'll be losing, arguably, their biggest star. It's a good thing for them they've been developing some of their younger talents (Del Rio, Kofi, Ziggler, etc.), so they won't be hurt too much.

However, the show all led up to one thing, and that was the reveal of the Wrestlemania host. And, as expected, it was The Rock.

Seeing him made me miss him that much more. The man is still absolutely, goddamn money on the mic. He puts everyone else in the WWE to freaking shame, and showed that tonight. The promo he cut was better than anything I've seen by the WWE over the last year. He ripped in to a few people including The Miz and Michael Cole, and definitely pushed way past the TV-PG boundaries of current WWE. I honestly don't remember how many times he said "ass" and "damn" during the promo, but it was a lot, and he was only censored out once.

However, most noteworthy part of this promo was him ripping in to John Cena. He mocked his "You can't see me", amongst other things. Seeing this makes you wonder if they MIGHT push a Cena vs. The Rock match for Wrestlemania. We shall see.

He also said things about how he had come home and that he was never leaving again. This makes me wonder if he's actually going to come back permanently (which would be awesome). I do doubt this, given that he said in the past that he wouldn't, but who knows...people change their minds.

Overall...it was the best promo I've seen in a really, really long time. I'm anxious to see how they use The Rock, and I'd LOVE to see him come back and be a full time wrestler. I suppose only time will tell, but goddamn, it was GREAT seeing The Rock back in the WWE, even if it only is for a short time.

2. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Re: WWE Raw 2/14 - Update on the 2/21/11 announcement and the Wrestlemania host revea

I still have chills over The Rock.

3. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Re: WWE Raw 2/14 - Update on the 2/21/11 announcement and the Wrestlemania host revea

Oh yeah, and about the whole PG thing, I hope The Rock convinces them to switch back to PG-14. Seriously, no one gives a fuck what will happen if they go back to PG-14, not parents nor children. Especially not in this time of age. The Rock can't be himself if he's restricted from saying "ass" and "damn." I mean come on, it's just so stupid. This could be a new change for the WWE. A new start again. Go back to Hell in a Cell matches, TLC matches, but that are actually good. You can't have a HiaC match being PG. It just doesn't work out. You need blood, and violence.

Like, what does the WWE think? If they go back to PG-14, they'll lose ratings and fans?

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I agree, the WWE badly needs to go back to TV-14. This TV-PG crap is horrible. It hinders them from putting on a good HiaC, TLC or any variety of uber-hardcore match. Hell, if they go back to TV-14, they could even do an inferno match again, and that hasn't been done in years.

TV-14 would allow them to be more flexible with their matches, and also would allow them to be more flexible with their character development too. And in this day and age, where the TV has destroyed everyone, no one is going to care. Parents let their kids watch stuff on FX and HBO and other channels like that, and those stations let them use every word except 'fuck'. TV-14 isn't going to taint our youth anymore than what it already is, and it will certainly help the WWE in the long run.

5. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

[video=youtube;CErB205Zm_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErB205Zm_c[/video]

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

In case you crazily missed it (or just want to watch ti again), the full promo cut by The Rock on Monday night. Damn, I still can't get over how fucking awesome it was.

7. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.

that was so badass

8. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Now, this is where I'm extremely curious as to whether or not he'll actually be showing up on Raw from now on up until WM.

Cannot freakin' wait for Raw next week. (Plus Taker is back)

9. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Hells to the yea man. I think I'm more pumped for Raw next week than I am for the Chamber this weekend. From the way The Rock spoke, he really made it sound like he was actually back for good...but only time will tell. If we can at least get weekly Rock until WrestleMania and see him get involved in a storyline with Cena or something, I think I'd be a damn happy fucking camper.

I'm also curious about the Taker. Why are they putting him on Raw and taking him off SD? I understand that Raw is their flagship show and could really use the starpower help, but it's a bit curious. Man, when HHH gets back, Raw is going to be crowded.

10. Sex Panther

Ask.

Also what's up Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, HHH and Undertaker?

Sorry, i've been out of the WWE loop for the past few years

11. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

HHH got hurt back at Summerslam by Sheamus, so he's been out for a while, though I'm hoping he gets back soon.

Undertaker was buried alive by Kane back at Bragging Rights in October and has been out since then, that way he can rehab a torn rotator cuff.

Chris Jericho's contract expired and he hasn't been resigned yet. Last I knew he was touring with Fozzy, but I imagine he and WWE will come to an agreement eventually.

Bret Hart came back last year and feuded with Vince for a bit, then he was GM of Raw before the Nexus took him out, then he came back at Summerslam and teamed with some other WWE guys to beat the Nexus...and he hasn't really done much since.

12. Sex Panther

Ask.

I just want all of them back with the Rock and i'm good.

So who are the faces of the WWE now? I'm trying to catch up on everything

13. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Cena is super-face basically. Although I'm curious about what's going to happen to him after what The Rock said on Monday. Edge is probably the biggest face on SmackDown, with Big Show and Rey Mysterio behind him. John Morrison is also gaining a lot of popularity (and a big push) recently as well.

Oh, and everyone hates The Miz. And Michael Cole.

14. Sex Panther

Ask.

holy crap, Edge is a face now?

Wasn't he struggling for facetime during the early 00s? And is Smackdown crap now?

So people on Smackdown and Raw rarely acknowledge each other or what? :s

15. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Edge has actually been a face for quite awhile now. Almost about two years now if I'm not mistaken. Edge is like Randy Orton, you'll like him as a face or a heel. SmackDown has been... SmackDown. Really ever since WWE went from Federation to Entertainment it's always gotten the short end of the stick, in my opinion at least.

Yeah, you'll sometimes see wrestlers make appearances from SD to Raw and vice versa. Alberto Del Rio has recently been showing up on Raw quite often.

Man, imagine Jericho, Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Orton, Nexus, all on Raw. That's a hell of a roster.

I'm wondering, what ever happened to Evan Bourne? Dude was a beast. He can put on a show. Wasn't he hurt badly by someone or something?

16. Sex Panther

Ask.

So whats happened to Batista and Randy Orton?

17. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Evan Bourne needed shoulder surgery, so they made Punk destroy him in his Raw debut. There's talks that he could be back in time for WrestleMania, which would be fantastic.

Edge has been face for most of the last couple years. When he was drafted back to Raw, he was heel pretty briefly, but turned back to face when he went apeshit on the anonymous Raw GM...and in general had a crusade against stupidity.

Orton is still Orton. He's face right now, and has been feuding with Nexus for the last few weeks. He recently went back to his punting ways by decapitating Husky Harris, which was nice to see, haha. Speaking of punting...yet another reason why WWE needs to go back to TV-14, because they would be able to make Orton a lot more sadistic, and I think it would fit his character really well.

Batista quit (aka his contact ran up and he wasn't resigned) after getting put through the stage by John Cena in an 'I Quit' match back in like, July or so I think. He bitched and moaned about getting a rematch and the then-GM Bret Hart put him in a match that would help determine #1 contender, but he wasn't able to compete and quit because Bret refused to let him wrestle when he was healthy. Personally, I didn't mind him leaving, because his character had grown SUPER stale in my book. He has apparently tried to pursue an MMA career, though I don't know how that's working for him.

Oh, and Patriot...I agree. That roster would be epic. It would certainly be the strongest roster that they'd have in years.

Oh, and about SmackDown. Patriot's right, it's still SmackDown. To their credit though, they do a really good job of booking matches and have been great at developing their younger talent on that show. John Morrison started to become pretty big when he was on SmackDown (though he has since exploded on Raw), they've been doing a good job with Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler as well, and they've done a PHENOMENAL job with Alberto Del Rio. Unlike Raw...which relies very heavily on it's big guns...but it can do that, given that basically all of them will be on the show once Taker debuts and HHH comes back.

Sex Panther likes this.
  18. ToCool74

ToCool74 Member

Its was definitely great to see the Rock on RAW again.

As always he knows how to cut a awesome promo and really get the fans behind him.

I just loved how he put Cena in his place lol.

Its so awesome to see that The Rock and Stone Cold (both are my top 2 favorite wrestlers) have finally returned to the WWE.

Austin is hosting the new Tough Enough while Rock is hosting Wrestlemania.

Now if they could get both to agree to appear regurlarly in the WWE and posibly drop the PG crap then the WWE just may become pretty damn awesome once again.

19. Sex Panther

Ask.

Im certian they won't be 'full-timers' but they'll probably drop in and host (or maybe a fight or two) every 2-3 months or so now

20. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

I wonder who Taker will be going after once he returns next week on Raw. It can't really be Kane since he's on SD, but there's been rumors going around for a Sting vs. Taker for WrestleMania 27. I guess only time will tell.