WWE Raw 4/25 - The Draft

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by Moo2K4, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Just getting around to posting about this episode because I just watched it earlier.

So the draft was Monday...and it had plenty of interesting moments, to say the least. John Cena was drafted to SD...but later back to Raw. I thought that was somewhat predictable after Orton was drafted to SD, because there's no way that Raw was going to lose two of it's top faces.

Beyond that, Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio switched places, Mark Henry went to SD and turned heel in the process, Big Show went to Raw.

And last but not least...Alberto Del Rio is coming to Raw. This is a move I absolutely agree with. He's grown to be one of the more prominent players in WWE, and deserves to be on the A show. Also, it gives the Raw brand some much needed heel prowess.

As for the rest of the show...it was pretty good. The main event was decent...R-Truth cut a solid promo...the Cole vs JR match was an abortion...yea...it was decent I suppose.

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

And speaking of the draft...full results of the rest of it.

Full Results

Some interesting ones here. Sheamus switching brands should be interesting. I love Daniel Bryan going to Smackdown. Kidd going to SD will probably be good for his career, too. I also somewhat like Kofi coming to Raw...but it'll be interesting on how they use him there. Beyond that, Swagger is also coming to Raw, same with McIntyre.

Although this does provide something interesting...in that the only singles titles left on Raw is the WWE Championship, since both the Intercontinental title and US Title have moved to Smackdown. I'm quite curious as to how WWE is going to address that.

The other interesting thing about the draft is the concept that it's now possible for BOTH Heavyweight titles could go to Raw, depending on who wins the ADR vs. Christian ladder match this weekend.

3. Evolution

Evolution Ice Champ

Student
    I think SD could have benefited more with John Cena and some more Superstars personally.

Time for the European Championship to come back? :D

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think they could have benefited too, but it'd been a bad business move by Raw to let their top draw go to the "B" show, so to say. You want to keep your top draw on your top show, it only makes sense.

That being said, I still liked the draft for SD...sorta. I liked the Sheamus pick to them, I LOVED the Daniel Bryan pick to them. Sin Cara will be great on the show...largely because, as mentioned in a lot of other places, they'll be able to edit out some of his botches as he continues to get accustomed to WWE. But obviously, the biggest win for them was getting the second biggest face in the industry in Orton. He'll be a more than suitable replacement for Orton, and could help draw higher ratings in the black hole that is the Friday night time slot.

That being said...Raw still got the better of the draft. They kept Cena in the end, brought in two more established superstars in Rey and Show, and got a lot of good young talent too - specifically Kofi, McIntyre and Swagger. I also love them getting Del Rio.

5. ToCool74

ToCool74 Member

I was really hoping that John Cena would have stayed with Smackdown because lets face it Smackdown need this.

Last I heard there ratings have been slightly droping over the weeks and John Cena could have been just what they need. However Orton should do for now in my honest opinion.