Yankee news and notes;

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Mar 15, 2017.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

2. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Glad to see GT and others make the Yankees camp competitive but the though of Cashman involved with a trade involving prospects for pitching is scary. Saw that bullshit story on CC as well. Glad his body is fine but he's getting 25 mil to do something he's not shown, pitch. Saw rumor articles on Longoria going to the Dodgers, later Atlanta. Sorry Pete don't care about your opinion.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  3. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

Pete Rose is an Idiot.

4. yankeesince59

...yup, sure what Petey was talking about when he said Longoria should be on the Yanx or Cubs...exactly where does he expect Longo to play on the Cubs infield?...they already have this youngster named Kris Bryant, who I hear is pretty good.

...sorry Petey, but Longo won't be playing for the Yanx or Cubs...wanna bet ?<<<(sorry Petey)

5. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

is what rose said really that much different to the kinds of things you see on various fan boards? the only difference is you don't have reporters trolling message boards for stories because they know when famous/infamous personalities speak, there will be people who read it. And in the age of the internet, each of our clicks on that link ensures that reporters will continue to print whatever drivel Pete wants to spout. Ironically, a STFU post about Pete, essentially assures the opposite.

now that....I hate when that happens. lol!

6. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

And don't any of these excess SS project to move to 3B? Hell, even A-hole was able to do it.

7. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

We are not ready to win this year. Continue playing the kids and get frazier, torres up here as soon as possible. Convert mateo to cf now and figure a way to somehow dump ellsbury by next year (pay half the contract if you have to). We have a lot of young arms coming so I am not overpaying for arms. What scares the shit out of me is cashman deciding which of our young chips stays and goes (quintana anyone). Fat CC should get very short leash and if his fat ass gets lit up put him in the bullpen and promote a young pitcher to get some experience. We have a bunch of kids down below that throw 100 mph and have the talent to be a future stud staff. Be PATIENT this year cashman. The only players I want to see leaving yankeeland this year (by any method) is gardy, headley, ellsbury, and CC. REALLY looking forward to watching the kids grow in the majors and minors this year. I think we'll still be competitive but in 2018 we will be a force again.

8. yankeesince59

They'd better find a place for them or trade some of them because the Yanx are loaded at SS;

-Gregorius

-Castro

-Gleyber Torres

-Jorge Mateo

-Wilkerman Garcia

-Tyler Wade

-Hoy Jun Park

-Kyle Holder

9. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    ^^^^ "_____" - what he said....!

nice reads 59, with plenty of other good articles attached therein....

Rose lost me at: " a lot of people don’t know about Longoria that should know about him."

Say WTF, who does not know Evan Longoria, his stats, his capabilities, his overall stature........maybe a fan in bumfk-USA. That person must be Petey himself; out of the game for so long he doesn't have a clue.... It doesn't take a genius or even a MLB GM to know Longoria would be a huge improvement over Headcase....

10. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    With the way those kids are challenging each other and the so called "veterans" is really cool. It's been many a season since we've seen this much anticipation.for a Yankee Team going north.

11. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

To me under no circumstances does torres or mateo get traded and didi very few circumstances. Everyone else but not all of them can be moved in the right trade.

12. yankeesince59

...^^^agreed...Castro is OK offensively but iffy on defense...all things considered, I'd just as soon see the Yanx offer a package including Castro in return for Quintana or another front end starter and give Torres the 2B job. I know he's only 20 but he looks ready to me.
    ... The future looks brighter for the Yanx when they are on offense but as far as pitching they really don't have much going forward with the exception of Tanaka, and considering he can "opt out" after this season, there's no guarantee he'll be with us next year.

13. yankeesince59