Game Thread Yankees vs. Phillies Wednesday 3/15/17 6:35 pm

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Lillie, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

This one is on YES.

Buchholz vs. Pineda

Lineups to follow...

2. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

Gardner
    Ellsbury
    Sanchez
    Holliday
    Castro
    Carter
    Headley
    Hicks
    Wade
    Pineda

3. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Going to be cold out there tonight, temps tonight are projected to be right at freezing by tomorrow AM. Cloudy & blustery in St Pete right now.

4. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

26 Degrees here in New York. Feels like 19. So much for Spring Training. :biglaugh:

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...^ supposed to get down to 29 here tonight, damnit. All the early dogwood, azalea, plum etc., buds will probably die.

6. yankeesince59

...dominating start by Pineda...5.0 IP, 0 hits, 8 SOs.

...Sanchez, Bird, and Torres, still raking.

7. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    ^^^^ Pineda 'finished' each inning, a good sign; hopefully can finish with 2 outs thru the season. Game was aired here at 12pm; just heard Pineda's post interview, broken english as it was; only key words, "show up every 5th day, give my team a chance", and "finish"; finishing innings with 2 outs, his biggest prob last yr.
    With 2 outs batters hist .325 off him, with a .383 OBP....

love those sweet lefty swings of Bird, McKinney, reminiscent of other great lefties of yore. Torres making a serious bid with his bat, will Torres be Castro's next A.Russell??? The Yanx, (one would think), are going to have to eventually move DiDi; to make way for the SS of the future, whoever wins that hallowed spot. I'd wager Torres over the many others, jest a hunch.

Sanchez's gonna' be great for years to come. Wonder if Higashioka will get the nod over Romine?

8. yankeesince59

^^^Matts, to be honest, I was not crazy about DiDi when the Yanx first acquired him because I was convinced that his "buggy-whip" swing was not conducive to becoming a good hitter but he's gotten better each year and should continue to improve his BA and power numbers as the offense around him also improves...he's not strictly a pull hitter by any means and always seems to hit the ball very hard, and to all parts of the field.

...and on defense, I'd put his arm up against any other SS in the game and his range is pretty damn good too, not to mention that he's just 27 and under team control till 2020. I'd hate to see him go but I can also understand that if Cashman gets a ridiculous offer for him, well, I guess you gotta pull the trigger. If not, I think the Yanx need to go ahead and lock him up for another 5-6 years..same with Gary Sanchez...if The Sanchise has another impressive year in 2017 the Yanx should consider giving him a 8-10 year deal. (he just turned 24)...as it stands right now, Sanchez will be earning a relatively paltry $535,000 for the next 3 years.