Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by DreamYaoTmac5, Jul 27, 2008.

1. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

Why Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard
    "By: DreamYaoTmac5 a.k.a Tmacyaokobe01

[​IMG]

Here are the many reasons of why Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard.

For One, Yao Ming just destroys Dwight Howard when they go up head to head and play each other, here are the stats.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h...mp;p2=howardw01
    So as you see
    Yao Ming's Averages against Dwight Howard in his Career are:
    24.3 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 1.1 APG, 2.3 BPG, 55% FG,
    Dwight Howard's Averages against Yao in his career are
    12.0 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 0.9 APG, 1.4 BPG, 44% FG

So as you see, Dwight struggles very often against Yao Ming, and Yao doubles Dwight's averages in points and blocks and is a much better passer and a shooter/scorer.

I'd also like to mention the B.S of Yao not being out of the 1st round and how that does not affect the fact that he is no longer a better player against Dwight Howard.

Dwight Howard played against the Toronto Raptors a very soft interior defense who only has one true Center of Rasho, and that is very hard on him especially since he isn't a "great" defender himself and cannot take him on himself the entire game so they needed Bosh to play on him and Rasho didn't play on him that often anyways. So, as you see that Dwight had an easy matchup against the Raptors, he struggled a lot against the Detroit Pistons, simply because they are too good of a defensivey team so they really gave Dwight a hard time even though they played him 1 on 1 because Dwight is not that skilled of a player.

Now i'd like to mention that Yao is not a choker, because he has simply done pretty good in the playoffs his teammates just have not helped win the series, same with T-Mac,
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...=pg&split=0
    Here are the Stats Yao averaged against the Jazz last year:
    25.1 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 44 FG%, although the FG% doesn't look good, he did help win Game 1 against the Jazz, because he was the only player scoring at all in that game, T-Mac didn't get it going then.
    Many people said that yao was the reason why they lost to the Jazz because of his defensive problems which is not the case, because the Rockets failed to make it out of the 1st round this year with a better bench and Yao out, that obviously showed that Yao is very useful and a very very good interior scorer. Boozer actually had his worst playoffs series stats against the Rockets then he did against any other team that year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...pg&split=10
    Boozer's Stats against the Rockets:
    24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
    Boozer's stats against the Warriors:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...=pg&split=9
    24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%
    Boozer's Stats against the Spurs
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?...pg&split=24
    21.4 PPG, 12 RPG, 52.9 FG%

So as you say that Boozer shot the worse against the rockets and Yao and that Yao is not a bad defender he just didn't defend him as good as other possibly players possibly could but he really did dominate against other teams like the Spurs and the Warriors

Now, I'd like to show you the stats that Yao has had against the Mavericks and the Lakers which were his other 2 playoff teams he has played against
    Yao's stats vs the Mavericks
    21.4 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 65 FG%
    Yao's Stats vs Lakers ( With Steve Francis)
    15 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 45.6 FG%
    You must remember that Yao played against the prime shaq that year and that Yao also dominated Shaq in the regular season before that as well.

I'd now also like to mention that Yao has much much much more skill than Dwight will probably ever have in his entire career, Yao can be relyed on in the high post or low post, Dwight? Not so much, I def would not trust his passing ability or his shooting ability to play in the high post... Yao you can def trust him on there because he can do either one and he is very good and underrated at passing.

Now for Defense, all of you do realize that Dwight is a better OVERALL defender, which i agree with however, I do not believe that Dwight is a better Man-to-man defender which is different because as a big man you would rather have an interior shot blocker all over the place, but if you are a wing player you would rather have a man-to-man perimeter guy.
    The Rockets are 2nd Place in FG% allowed, behind the Boston Celtics, and that is def not a conscience that Yao is also the center and that he sucks on defense, because that is completely wrong, Yao is an above average defender and possibly elite if he weren't hurt all the time. There have been many quotes saying that Yao is a very good defender by Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutombo and Phil Jackson here they are.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/blog/2007/05/2...-todays-workout
    "Yao Ming is very, very intelligent and also very diligent. He is not only good in offense, he is also outstanding in defense. There had not been in the whole NBA history to have such a big guy like him that is so balanced in both offense and defense."
    http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?rls...0260&lid=10
    "If I was Curry, I would not challenge Yao," Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo said. "I would not challenge Yao and get that ball blocked. That was just embarrassing. He was trying to get himself on Sportscenter." ?Deke

Tenacious defense

Yao Ming switched to defend New Orleans forward David West late in the game and forced West to shoot over him.

West missed all eight of his shots when defended by Yao.
    "I tried to keep him from scoring," Yao said. "You cannot allow him to keep making shots and shots and shots. When I started guarding him he wasn't able to get the pick-and-roll in the post. He had to shoot from further (out).

http://www.82games.com/nichols2.htm
    Here are stats that also prove that Yao is a very good defender himself as well.

Now i'd like to mention the +/- of the defense of Yao and Dwight
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21D.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16D.HTM
    When Yao is off the court they are -0.8 Net which means they are worse with him off the court
    and for Dwight when he is off the court they are +3.4 net which means they are better w/o him on the court.

Those stats also counted when Yao was injuried and not playing at all with Deke starting. http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21A.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16A.HTM

Now i'd also like to mention more of the offense, as you see
    Yao attempts 48% Jumpers and makes it 38% of the time, shoots 39% close shots and makes it 55% of the time
    For Dwight, he attempts 16% jumpers and makes it 24% of the time which is very low and when he shoots 52% close shots and makes it only 52% of the time, close shots are usually like 5 ft and within or maybe 6 ft, but as you see Yao is a better finisher when it comes to layups and creating his own shots which shows that Yao is a better scorer by alot

Now here are the clutch stats
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21E.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16E.HTM
    Yao scores 36.8 PPG per48 minute in clutch time which are usually 4th quarter or OT which is very good, he also has a better rebounding rate then dwight in the clutch
    Dwight scores, 13.8 PPG per48 minute in the clutch so his stats are clearly non-existant, so as you see Yao is also a much more clutch player than Dwight Howard is.

So as you see Yao > Dwight

2. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

I remember this thread from BBF. It sucked.

3. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

No way. Howard owns Yao one-on-one, and he would kick his ass in a fight. Howard > Yao.

4. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 27 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I remember this thread from BBF. It sucked.</div>
    Yet most people agreed, whatever dude.

5. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 27 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No way. Howard owns Yao one-on-one, and he would kick his ass in a fight. Howard > Yao.</div>
    wtf [​IMG] I just showed the stats, you are a <span style="color:red">NOT ACCEPTABLE</span>

6. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DreamYaoTmac5 @ Jul 27 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 27 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I remember this thread from BBF. It sucked.</div>
    </div>

Yup, and most people agreed with Bush to invade Iraq.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DreamYaoTmac5 @ Jul 27 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 27 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No way. Howard owns Yao one-on-one, and he would kick his ass in a fight. Howard > Yao.</div>
    wtf [​IMG] I just showed the stats, you are a <span style="color:red">NOT ACCEPTABLE</span>
    </div>
    Well there's your problem!

7. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 27 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DreamYaoTmac5 @ Jul 27 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 27 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I remember this thread from BBF. It sucked.</div>
    </div>

Yup, and most people agreed with Bush to invade Iraq.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DreamYaoTmac5 @ Jul 27 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 27 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No way. Howard owns Yao one-on-one, and he would kick his ass in a fight. Howard > Yao.</div>
    </div>
    Well there's your problem!
    </div>
    Ok, you just showed why You should be on my ignored list, you are nothing but ignorance, there's a reason why i posted on the rockets forum and not on Out Of Bounds, I'd rather have smart people like durvasa and locke and igotask8board say.

8. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DreamYaoTmac5 @ Jul 27 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 27 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No way. Howard owns Yao one-on-one, and he would kick his ass in a fight. Howard > Yao.</div>
    </div>

Wow, you were just allowed to come back here, and you are already insulting people.

9. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

Damn straight I'm ignorance!

10. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

I really wished NetsFanforlife would shut up because he doesn't know much for one, I posted on here so only rocket fans would read this and not <span style="color:red">NOT ACCEPTABLE</span>

11. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

I'm sorry for disagreeing with you, oh great Admin of sportstwo. Excuse me while I ban myself for going against the word of god.

12. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Agreed. Great research, DreamYaoTmac. Yao > Howard.

13. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thrilla @ Jul 27 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Agreed. Great research, DreamYaoTmac. Yao > Howard.</div>
    Bout time...

Hopefully you are not sarcastic. [​IMG]

14. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dwight is, and will be from this point on, better than Yao.

15. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Yao needs to stay healthy before anyone can say he is better than or comparable to Howard

16. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Jul 27 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yao needs to stay healthy before anyone can say he is better than or comparable to Howard</div>
    when Healthy Yao is the better player is what i'm pretty much trying to say.

17. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 27 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dwight is, and will be from this point on, better than Yao.</div>

Agreed. Since when has Yao ever averaged more than 12 rpg? That's pathetic for a 7 ft 6 inch player.

And does Yao even guard Dwight? probably not. But with Orlando's weak bigs, there's no doubt that he HAS to guard Yao, all while being the main guy on offense.

18. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 27 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 27 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dwight is, and will be from this point on, better than Yao.</div>

Agreed. Since when has Yao ever averaged more than 12 rpg? That's pathetic for a 7 ft 6 inch player.

And does Yao even guard Dwight? probably not. But with Orlando's weak bigs, there's no doubt that he HAS to guard Yao, all while being the main guy on offense.
    </div>
    Yes he does and he shuts him down, You are a <span style="color:red">NOT ACCEPTABLE</span>

19. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

Yao's never healthy.

20. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DreamYaoTmac5 @ Jul 27 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 27 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 27 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dwight is, and will be from this point on, better than Yao.</div>

</div>
    Yes he does and he shuts him down, You are a <span style="color:red">NOT ACCEPTABLE</span>
    </div>
    But he's a Carlin joke. Which makes him win.