Yaroslav Korolev returning?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by og15, Jul 6, 2007.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

Dunleavy Interview

I'm hearing he just joined the Clippers summer league team, and the Clippers are planning to sign him for peanuts. I haven't listened to that, but supposedly Dunleavy said he feels Korolev is better than a lot players that were available in this year's draft and plans to re-sign him. So not picking his option was a pure business move.

Korolev is also supposedly listed at 6'10, 244 lbs now.

I listened to it, he also said it was between Thornton and Young during the draft, and that the team could also have taken Young. He also said the team almost signed Sofoklis last season, it was close, but they couldn't get the deal done, but they'll be looking at him next summer.

He talked about Kaman a little too...

2. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

Is Korolev a SF or PF?

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

He's a SF, but with his height and him putting on weight, he should be able to play PF, so will be like a SF/PF, another one on the team with Horford and Tim Thomas. He got some Kirilenko comparisons, but he's supposed to be a very skilled and long type of foward. His max potential would be a Kirilenko type guy but a better shooter and passer, don't know if that's happening, but we've seen so little of him.