Yeah, winning isn't a good thing right now. LOL

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Mar 3, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Spooner suddenly thinks he's Gretzky.

stampedehero likes this.
  2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Really. As a fan I like to see them win but as a fan.....come on, TANK already!

3. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. Now they are winning. Calgary and vancouver both suck but they need to find a way to lose these for a better draft pick.

4. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Go figure. Laughed out loud that Blackhawk commentators knocking Rangers as
    tanking their remaining games. I really wish they would tank their season! Oh, the
    Blackhawks........who’s really tanking their season?

5. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

3pts out of a playoff spot

6. kreidertime

The BlackHawks tanked to get Kane and Toews. Amazing he had the balls to say that.

7. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

That trip couldn't have gone much worse. 3 wins and beat two teams we are battling with for less points. So much for the 6th or 7th pick, right now we'll be lucky to get the 9th or 10th pick.

8. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

We have a pretty tough schedule the rest of the way so they could still end up in the 6-7 range. Never know what happens in the lottery too. I hate to see Lundqvist keep losing so him getting those two 50 save wins was good. Georgiev looks like he may be a solid backup going forward.

9. RangersFan

When I look forward I really think we'll be set in goal. From the Hank and Georgiev duo next year, to Shestyorkin waiting in the wings in two years, we should be set in goal for a very long time. And BTW...having Georgiev backup next season gives us a little extra cap space as well.

I actually think we'll be okay upfront as well. We have a good base in place. I think Kovy will be here. We added some C depth with Name. Spooner will be a solid 3rd line guy. Obviously Andersson and Chytil will be here real soon (most likely next season). And with 7 picks in rounds 1-3 I'm sure we'll use a couple on forwards. So I think we'll be good there.

D is the big question mark. I think that is why we obviously went after so many D prospects. And I'm sure we'll use a good batch of those early picks on dmen. If we can get the D right we could be sitting on a very good team in 2 years, and maybe a special team in 3 years. I think next season we'll be a solid team that battles for a playoff spot (most likely a WC). That is very dependent upon what Gorton does with the picks and in free agency though. Either way it is hard not to like, and be excited about, the direction we are heading.

10. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I really like what I'm seeing from Gilmour so far, he seems like he could stick longer term. Pionk hasn't been bad but not as solid. DeAngelo should improve into next year but who knows defensively, and he needs to be more assertive shooting. If they can get a top pair Dman in the top 10 of the draft that would be good, but I really think they need to build our forward prospects in this draft.

11. RangersFan

With 7 picks I'm sure we'll take some D and some forwards. Whatever pick we end up with I think we're in the good position to take the best player. I don't think we need to force a dman or a forward.

I personally think we have more talent upfront when I look at the current team, and my expectation that we'll sign Kovy this summer, but again we are in a good spot to simply take the best available player at every spot. I do have a feeling we'll make some moves to move up and maybe go to 5 or 6 picks instead of 7, but either way we are in a good spot I believe.

12. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

So far this dumping strategy for good low draft pick is sucking ass big time.

13. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Lots of hockey left to be played.

14. kreidertime

For starters if they did that draft over again, Howden is probably going in the top 15, Hajek in the top 20. So, worrying about a super high picks is pointless considering the prospects they got back. Chytil went 21st overall. If they did that draft over again. Top 12 for him? He's doing a lot more than many players drafted ahead of him.

I have to laugh at that moron Garth Snow. Every year his team has no defenseman or goaltending and every year he pisses away all his high picks on forwards.

mrmel29 likes this.