Yes We Got Gay...Then Trade Him Away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Jun 28, 2006.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

w00000000t

I can't believe he fell this far!

w0000t

PG Head
    SG GAY

Let the jokes begin!

2. igotask8board

WTF We are going to trade Gay to Memphis for Shane?

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">WTF We are going to trade Gay to Memphis for Shane?</div>You're upset about that?

In my mind, Memphis is getting robbed if they do that deal.

4. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

haha oh man!

5. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ JBB JustBBall Member

Gay traded for Battier, maybe.

6. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

is it for SURE????!?!?!??!?! i dont want shane...

7. igotask8board

Watch Rudy become the next Richard Jefferson/Rashard Lewis story!

But I think Battier is a good player.

**** its official. I wanted a young athletic SG. Why can't the Rockets leave a smile on my face?

8. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

They keep saying Could be, and may be going to Memphis. Please tell me the Rockets change their mind!

9. houston_owns_u

houston_owns_u JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">They keep saying Could be, and may be going to Memphis. Please tell me the Rockets change their mind!</div>

True that. I think they just made the deal, hope it's not official. It can go both ways, I guess, Gay could turn out to be a total bust. But Houston has enough defense, must we get offense?

10. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

God dammit we gotta get rid of all this bullshit with van gundy hes gotta accept that his system sucks and thats why he has never won the nba championship. Rudy Gay was what we need open jump shooter driver defender athletic long why the hell do you trade him to memphis for a guy who has never averaged 10 points in his career. If this is official and not just rumor get rid Dawon get rid van gundy wtf are they doing.

11. igotask8board

Man I don't want Shane. He will be 28 by the start of next season. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THAT TALK ABOUT THE ATHLETIC SG!?

IT IS OFFICIAL

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shane_battier/index.html

Well he is not that bad a shooter. He averaged 10ppg on MEM, so he will get 8 on Houston.

You know what, I am happy with this trade. He is a great shooter and is very well rounded. Just hope Gay is a total CBA bust [​IMG]

12. JuLiO-R-

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting houston_owns_u:</div><div class="quote_post">True that. I think they just made the deal, hope it's not official. It can go both ways, I guess, Gay could turn out to be a total bust. But Houston has enough defense, must we get offense?</div>Bust or not you gotta take Rudy Gay. If the guy you picked is a bust, atleast he's a pick that everyone was wrong about.

13. evolidiot

evolidiot JBB JustBBall Member

If Gay is traded for Battier, I am going to take on dump on a picture of CD. He can compete with Isaiah for worst GM in the BA if this trade goes through. Memphis better be giving up more than just Battier.

14. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    so was gay traded or not?

15. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Shane Battier is a solid, good NBA player. He'll definitely help the Rockets. He can play SG, SF, and even PF in some situations. Great defender. Very efficient offensive player. I see really the Daryl Morey influence on this move.

Yes, it's boring. Perhaps too conservative. A lot of fans may not be pleased. But when you really think about it, this will definitely help the Rockets. Still, really dissapointing if Rudy Gay turns out to be stud.

Looks like that late season win against Denver might have cost us Brandon Roy. [​IMG]

16. side45wayz

side45wayz JBB JustBBall Member

Go to hell rockets organization. I was so excited about Gay, and then when I heard the Battier trade I was ok with it because I thought we would be getting Battier and Memphis's pick, but just Battier for Rudy Gay? Go to hell, go straight to hell.

17. igotask8board

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">Shane Battier is a solid, good NBA player. He'll definitely help the Rockets. He can play SG, SF, and even PF in some situations. Great defender. Very efficient offensive player. I see really the Daryl Morey influence on this move.

Yes, it's boring. Perhaps too conservative. A lot of fans may not be pleased. But when you really think about it, this will definitely help the Rockets. Still, really dissapointing if Rudy Gay turns out to be stud.</div>

True that. I think we will be happy this time of year next year because of this trade.

We have one more shot at a champ, and this guy is proven. We are probably losing another Jefferson or Rashard, but a champ is worth more to Houston.

I am pretty sure we will trade T-Mac if we dont get to the 2nd round this season.

Battier is so well rounded. He brings everything to the table, from steals, blocks, assists, to rebounds.

18. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

Shane Battier an efficient offensive player??? The only reason he efficent is because he doesn't take shots. What in the world is houston rockets doing its look like we are have Rob Babcock as our gm what idiots. We traded a young budding start for an old faget who has not averaged more than 10 points per game. He is solid defensively but he isn't great..

19. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I really can't understand people who react so quick and carelessly in this kind of situation. You guys have McGrady and Yao, you're not far away from a championship contending level. Why complain about obtaining one of the most all around, solid players in the league for a player who has never even played an NBA game yet? Battier makes your team so much better, and I think perfectly compliments McGrady on the wing.

I think the Rockets have become a top 5 team by making this deal.

20. JuLiO-R-

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">I really can't understand people who react so quick and carelessly in this kind of situation. You guys have McGrady and Yao, you're not far away from a championship contending level. Why complain about obtaining one of the most all around, solid players in the league for a player who has never even played an NBA game yet? Battier makes your team so much better, and I think perfectly compliments McGrady on the wing.

I think the Rockets have become a top 5 team by making this deal.</div>But Rudy Gay has sooo much potential. But what I don't understand is why didn't the Rockets atleast try and get another pick?