Yet another team missing the point about Marbury

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Rudeezy, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So the New York Knicks are excited, as they rightfully should be, about acquiring Stephon Marbury for something New York didn't seem to have much patience for anyway - youth.

Marbury gives them a point guard who can score and create for others. At 26, he's young enough for the team to build around him for years to come. He's still approaching his prime, and he is unstoppable when he wants to be. This, the Knicks say, makes Marbury the team's best acquisition in years.

Sound familiar?

It sounds a lot like what the Timberwolves said when they drafted Marbury. And what the Nets said when they picked up Marbury from Minnesota. And what the Suns said when they got their turn with Marbury a couple of years back.

And what has Marbury produced at any of those places? A bunch of mediocre-to-bad seasons, highlighted by a 45-win campaign in 1997-98, Marbury's second year in the league. And on that team, Marbury was the third option behind Tom Gugliotta and Kevin Garnett.
    </div>

[​IMG]

Full Article

2. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

1 difference, he never wanted to play for those teams, sure marburys a baby in the back of his mind in MIN,NJ,and pho he always wanted to be a knick. that definitly sounds like a baby but, if im wrong about saying this is where marbury wants to be, if im wrong that he has always dreamed about playing for the knicks and not the nets, then you may quote this post and i will admit i was wrong. i truly think marburys last stop to greatness is new york

3. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Marbury will be a great player with new york, he mesh's with everybody except KVH i think they should trade him away for dmiles and a draft pick or 2. DMiles and Marbury would be great they would work great together .

4. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting L.Sooch:</div><div class="quote_post">Marbury will be a great player with new york, he mesh's with everybody except KVH i think they should trade him away for dmiles and a draft pick or 2. DMiles and Marbury would be great they would work great together .</div>

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">I dunno. I don't D.Miles is all that everyone is expecting...I could be wrong,but I think gettin' him would be a mistake. He has shown nothin' new in the past 3 seasons. He started off lookin' like a can't miss but he is now lookin' like a never was and he's only what? 21? 22?

In my mind there are other players Zeke should target,'Sheed to be more specific. True,Rasheed is a huge pain sometimes,but I think a change of scenery may be just what he needs to invigorate him and reignite his career.</div>

5. Ravenous

Ravenous JBB JustBBall Member

Miles wouldnt be the right choice....the knicnks need sum1 whose gonna play physical!!