Yi to Philly?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Voodoo Child, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With the uncertainty surrounding Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian and his situation with the Milwaukee Bucks, there have been plenty of e-mails coming in asking if the 76ers can get back into the picture.

To review, the Sixers tried very hard on draft night to trade up for Milwaukee?s No. 6 pick in the draft, with the express purpose of selecting Yi.
    Yi and his handlers have balked at going to Milwaukee, creating the feeling that teams such as the Sixers could get back into the picture.</div>

<div align="center">Source: Philadelphia Inquirer</div>

2. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

If him and his guys can stop bitching I'm all for it.

3. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Yi needs to speak. I haven't heard him say anything. For all you know it could be Yi to Toronto because we have a huge Asian influence. Anything is possible. But I'm with Smitty on this, if he can stop bitching, then Yi to Philly would be great.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I'm not a big fan of Yi, but I wouldn't mind him cheap. As long as we don't trade away Andre Iguodala, Thaddeus Young, Derrick Byars, or Jason Smith, I'm all for it. I'm not willing to give up much because I honestly think the guy's going to be a bust, plus, he's like 25 years old. If they want a future first round pick I say forget it, unless it's like a 2055 1st round pick. I'd only be willing to deal for Yi if it's cheap, otherwise they can keep him or look elsewhere.

Knowing Billy King, he'd give up Thaddeus Young and Jason Smith plus 2 future 1st round picks for Yi Jianlian, so I'm not really that excited. Hopefully the jackass doesn't screw up

5. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">unless it's like a 2055 1st round pick </div>

Lmao,[​IMG] [​IMG] I wonder if you're allowed to deal picks like 30 years into the future. Imagine. The bucks in 48 years the best player eve comes out of that draft. like 8'3 250 pounds. Scores 45PPG 26RPG 14BPG. King is rolling in his grave (God forbid)

6. Manhops23

Manhops23 Hi Rim my name is Lebron!

I'm not real happy about gettin yi.

7. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

We need this guy. If we can have a frontcourt of Yi and Dalembert, we could be contenders in a few years. Yi will not be a bust like so many people think he will be. He's young and has loads of potential. If the sixers can pull off a trade for him and only give up Jason Smith or Derek Byars and a future first rounder, he could actually wind up being a steal. Billy King would be an idiot to give up Thad Young in a trade though.

8. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Answer_AI03 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">We need this guy. If we can have a frontcourt of Yi and Dalembert, we could be contenders in a few years. Yi will not be a bust like so many people think he will be. He's young and has loads of potential. If the sixers can pull off a trade for him and only give up Jason Smith or Derek Byars and a future first rounder, he could actually wind up being a steal. Billy King would be an idiot to give up Thad Young in a trade though.</div>

What makes you think Yi Jianlian will turn out to be so great? What makes you think he's young? I've heard reports that the guy is as old as 25 years old, something I've been constantly mentioning in my posts. The guy looked unspectacular playing in the summer leagues as well. The only thing he has over Thaddeus Young is his race, which generates more hype. Thaddeus Young has a ton of potential as well, and he's going to end up being a better player than Yi when it's all said and done. After all the drama and everything that has gone on in Milwaukee, I'll definetly find it hard for me to root for Yi. To be honest with you, I really don't want him on this squad at all. I can't have respect for someone who demands to be traded before they even step foot onto an NBA court

9. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

Yi would be a welcome addition out here in Golden State (although that's only my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of management).

10. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What makes you think Yi Jianlian will turn out to be so great? What makes you think he's young? I've heard reports that the guy is as old as 25 years old, something I've been constantly mentioning in my posts.</div>

What makes you think he will be such a bust? I have heard that he is actually 19 years old. NOT 25. He's a 7 footer with a good shot, athletisism, and some ball handling skills. He could easily end up being an Asian Dirk Nowitzki. I know Thad Young will be a good player, which is why i wouldnt trade him, but i think Yi may actually end up being a corner stone of our franchise.