You gotta be "F'n" kidding me?!?

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by NattaNerNuttaMan, Dec 30, 2008.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11332968?nclick_check=1

According to this article the Vikings intend on making Tavaris Jackson thier choice as starter next season....didn't they freakin' learn thier lesson this season?!? This pisses me off to no end!!! T-Jack is not the anwser...he damn near threw away our last game, throwing yet another int in the redzone...but as long as boneheaded Childress is there...he's gonna keep force feeding us this "Jackson is the anwser" BS!!! If anything...don't just give the starting nod to Jackson...that's how he fucked it up last time....he got comfortable and complacent...we need to go for Cassell or McNabb and bring along Jackson the proper way, as a backup for at least the next two seasons.....or at least draft a starter quality QB in this draft and make him earn it!!!

Damn this gets me so heated!!!! :rant: :banghead: :rant: :vmad:

2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    broken link

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I don't think Donovan will be available. They should definitely go after Cassel, though.

4. BasX

BasX I Win

That'd be a good idea. Maybe another good WR. just to help out Matty C. Ocho Cinco anyone?

5. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    yeah, it's more wishful thinking after the lil disagreement McNabb had with the orginazation. Maybe if the fall apart in the playoffs he might opt to move....I can dream. But I do still like the idea of Cassell....and Minnesota will pay him what he will want. All I know is the front office is fuckin' up if they still think Jackson is thier future at QB....he's just too inconsistant....and is prone to mess things up at any given time...and he's proven to be a drive killer.

oh...here's the fixed link: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11332968

6. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

How would you feel about Byron Leftwich?

7. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military

not a bad idea...although I'm curious to see what Rice can do witha real QB and Berrian on the other side...I would be happy to see a true #1 WR in Minny...who will be available? Is Boldin's contract up after this season? If so...he would be great

8. BasX

BasX I Win

:( lol.

9. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    I'm happy to hear that the cost to Fanchise Cassel will be more per season than Brady is making...lol. That might keep New England from trying that route in hopes of getting two draft picks in return.

I find it hard to believe that any team, after one season of starting (albeit...a solid year) would be willing to give up a possible 1st & 3nd Rounder and have to pay 16+mil for what might prove to be a QB how is just a product of the system.

I think with a price that steep....teams would (and should) look elsewhere. Which would leave New England with a 16+ backup QB, who is making more than it's starter. The Pats might just have to come to grips with the situation and let him walk.

I'd love to see him in Vikings Purple next year but not at that price! He's not top 5 QB material and shouldn't be getting paid as such....let alone morgage those great picks.

10. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Just look at what teams have given up to get guys like Schaub and Feeley, and they weren't even as proven as Cassel is. Somebody is going to give the Pats a good package for him.

11. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Oh, don't get me wrong, he's going to get a good package in return, but one that would have a team giving up at least a 1st Rounder and 3rd Rounder (Maybe a 2nd)...on top of that having to pay a contract equal to the average of the top 5 QBs (16.5mil)? That's a steep price...one that is equally risky for the Pats who is stuck with a disgrunted backup who should be a starter, making more than thier Starter.

But your right, there will be plenty of team wanting him....I hope 'Sota can get him....just not for that much

12. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

The franchise tag is just something the Pats will use to keep him in their control. The team he gets traded to won't have to pay him that much.

13. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Well, I know that he won't be asking that much...my bad...I exagerate on the ball-park figure...but he's at least going to ask for 10-12mil....for at least 3-5 years....and to have to give up two high round picks on top of that..is kinda steep. Even more so when you take into account that he's only played for one year and no proof that it is him and not the system that has him looking good. I'd wait a second year of production before i cough up that much for him.

I think they could get another QB for a better deal. They could get a QB with thier first pick and get a vet for them to learn under for the next year or two. Maybe Farve could end up in 'Sota after all? Maybe throw an offer out for McNabb? If Warner chooses to stay...maybe see what Arizona is willing to take for Lienhart? Those are players that would work in 'Sota that wouldn't involve that much.

I'm just saying I think they could get a better player in a deal if they were willing to give up those kind of picks. Or at least a QB and another piece.

But like I've said a bunch of times....I'd love Cassel in Minnesota.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009