You guys robbed the Bucks blind, I admit it.

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by BrewCityBuck, Jan 5, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I remember when the Ford/Villanueva trade went down, both teams made out with what they needed but I felt the Bucks got the better player. Well, I'll admit it, we got screwed. TJ Ford is playing very well in your system and Charlie Villanueva is barely playing and Brian Skinner has beat him out of the starting lineup. He lacks toughness and it's to the point where I hate Villanueva and regret the trade. Hell, I hope we dump Villanueva at the deadline, I don't want this loser on the bench.

2. wolverine30

wolverine30 BBW Elite Member

Wow give him a chance. He hasn't even played half a season yet for the Bucks. He is still adjusting to the new coach. Who do you guys think you can get for Charlie V?

3. MiﮒFi??

MiﮒFi?? BBW Elite Member

Charlie V is not a starter in this league he just does not have the energy and the defensive focus. He has great offensive skill but will never be able to become the player he should be.

4. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Oh come, on BCB. He might not play great defense, but he is a very skilled offensive player..I agree though. I always thought we got the better end of the deal, because we got Villanueva's replacement in the draft, and we get a kick ass young pg who is among the quickest in the league, and one of the best passers in the League.

5. Nam

Nam BBW Member

charlie v. is probably gonna take a surgeory and be out for the whole season -- sucks for him and bucks

6. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nam @ Jan 6 2007, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>charlie v. is probably gonna take a surgeory and be out for the whole season -- sucks for him and bucks</div>What kind of injry is this?

7. Nam

Nam BBW Member

8. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

I still think Milwaukee actually got the better deal, even if it hasn't worked out...yet.

9. CB4allstar

Explain yourself. I strongly disagree. Bargnani completely erases the memories of Charlie V, and we get a PG who is going to be a star player in the League down the road. He is going to be a top 3 passer in the League when he hits his prime, and he is so quick. If he adds more range to his jumper, he'll be averaging near 20 ppg in the future.

10. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

This is going back to the beginning of the season, but Charlie V was looking really good for you before the injuries occured...anyways its not like you guys got robbed because Mo Williams is filling in nicely.

11. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

Charlie V is the better player overall, and rather have him if I was starting a team right now...however, the trade will work out good for both teams. Milwaukee needs a "future" at the 4, and TOR needed a true 1. Both teams got what they needed, just Villanueva is a better overall player.

12. mikevick07

mikevick07 BBW Member

yeah I knew they shouldnt have traded ford.

13. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jan 7 2007, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Explain yourself. I strongly disagree. Bargnani completely erases the memories of Charlie V, and we get a PG who is going to be a star player in the League down the road. He is going to be a top 3 passer in the League when he hits his prime, and he is so quick. If he adds more range to his jumper, he'll be averaging near 20 ppg in the future.</div>Charlie brought it every night while Bargnani has horrible shooting nights and such bad rebounding skills. I hate Charlie on the Raptors cause I thought it was a horrible pick but after the All-Star break I relized how much he complimented Boshs power game with his fine shooting. The trade also never hurt the Bucks in anyway. They pick up someone to score in the post with Bogut while Mo Williams gets to shine like he has been. Raptors are pretty much in the same place as last year and TJ Ford always seems to be hurt. (Charlie isn't doing much better)When Charlies healthy and gets time in the system, he should be ok.

14. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaRdYC26 @ Jan 7 2007, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Charlie V is the better player overall, and rather have him if I was starting a team right now...however, the trade will work out good for both teams. Milwaukee needs a "future" at the 4, and TOR needed a true 1. Both teams got what they needed, just Villanueva is a better overall player.</div>Well, I disagree. I think TJ is the better player. TJ is already one of the best passers in the League, and he is only in his 3rd year playing basketball. He has a good mid range shot now, and he is so quick. He can get to the rim easily. Charlie V has a crapp work ethic, and a lack of a killer instinct. He will give you 15 a night with his shooting and skills inside, but nothing else besides that. TJ runs the offense very well, and can score EVEN more than Charlie. So why is Charlie better then?Also, Bargnani will become the better player than Charlie, so I'm really not missing him that much at all. Charlie didn't fit in at SF and C either.

15. RashadzMcCantz

RashadzMcCantz BBW Elite Member

BCB, I will give you a great offer on the behalf of the Chicago Bulls orginization for Villanueva. We will send Michael Sweetney and Chris Duhon to the Milwuakee Bucks for Charlie Villanueva in return. What do you say?

16. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

You forget how smart of a GM Bryan is, I think he analysed the situation and decided its better to build with a 1st overrall pick and replace the defensive slack Charlie and get Ford. TJ hasnt upset anyone and has become a fan favourite and a team leader. Kudos to the Bryan Colangelo.