You know the end is near when...

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Kwan1031, May 23, 2005.

1. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Twardzik got another job at operating a basketball club...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2066310

... Did Olando ever care about doing some background check? Hiring a guy who made this franchise a nuclear wasteland? A guy who traded all good players and in two years of span, he left whooping one young talent, Marshall? Ah well, good luck with Olando...

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post">Twardzik got another job at operating a basketball club...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2066310

... Did Olando ever care about doing some background check? Hiring a guy who made this franchise a nuclear wasteland? A guy who traded all good players and in two years of span, he left whooping one young talent, Marshall? Ah well, good luck with Olando...</div> I think he's been there for a while. He was definitely there when T-mac and the Magic just fell flat on their faces. He's not the GM of course, but he was in charge of scouting talent at the time. I think I might have mentioned it in some thread way, way back. I hope he wasn't the influence behind drafting Steven Hunter or Jeryl Sasser. I'm also suprised the Magic didn't go with Emeka Okafor. Dwight Howard is still a good player with tremendous upside, but Okafor was projected to be a 20/10 player with Ben Wallace qualities. We'll see in a few years who surpasses who.

3. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe we can trade Foyle to Orlando. Twardzik is stupid enough.

4. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting upsidedownside7:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe we can trade Foyle to Orlando. Twardzik is stupid enough.</div>

Lol. Olando was the leading team for Foyle sweepstake last year... That's until Mullin decided to top Olando's offer to resign Foyle...

5. Custodianrules2

<font face="Verdana"><font size="2"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting upsidedownside7:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe we can trade Foyle to Orlando. Twardzik is stupid enough.</div>
    ROFL! [​IMG]Too bad he's not the GM. You never know, it might happen with the pick being traded down, we give them Foyle, we get one of those expiring contract centers. Who are we kidding? If Orlando uses those 3 expiring contracts at deadline, it could be huge. Cato and Christie are 8 mil each. Battie is 5 mil. They could get some good players in return for teams wanting to dump a lot of cap. I don't think they'd want Foyle's 7 mil deal which grows into almost a 10 mil a year deal. He's overpriced for what he does, but tries to earn it every game and in every way he can. Too bad we wouldn't want to take on Grant Hill for a few years. Not that we could anyway because he has a max deal for a few more years. He also has a clause in his contract that says</font></font><font face="Verdana"><font size="2"> that players in their last non-exercisable year of their contract cannot be traded after the trade deadline when teams can once again trade players after their season is over. So if he opts out, he's on the market, but if he opts in he can't be traded. This sucks. The one team that was interested in him and we can't find a reasonable way to dump him.
    </font></font>

6. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post">Lol. Olando was the leading team for Foyle sweepstake last year... That's until Mullin decided to top Olando's offer to resign Foyle...</div>
    The picture that comes to my mind is the Guiness commercials where those old cartoon dudes sit around drinking and saying "brilliant!" Let's sign Foyle to an insane deal, despite never playing starting minutes and after he came off a big injury. Brilliant! At least the team option is there, Fisher probably has the worst contract since he's got the reputation of being a closer when the game is on the line and he could be valuable to any team should they make the playoffs.

Foyle better put up all-star numbers next season in terms of blocks and rebounds, though... #10 in shotblocks per game with sporadic minutes is pretty good, but we need more presence.

#10 Blocks per game
    #3 - Blocks per 48 Minutes
    #9 shotblocks overall

Unless he's getting more Blocks than Theo Ratliff, it's hard to really acknowlege that he's even there on the court because he's just so raw and uncoordinated to do other things besides blocking.

7. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Once he has a more consistent defender next to him on the court. his minutes and blocks will go up, and fouls will go down.

8. Custodianrules2

Wait a minute!!!!!! Twardzick is V.P. of basketball operations????? That is basically being the GM! He can't be the next in line...

OMG I can't believe I totally missed that!