You know who must feel pretty stupid?

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by bbwSwish, Dec 5, 2006.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

DeShawn Stevenson. He turned down a $10 million contract from the Magic to play for the Washington Wizards. Some people think he left because he wanted to play for a winning team. Well guess what Deshawn, the Magic are 1st place in the Eastern Conference and if the playoffs started today, your team would be on the outside looking in. The Wizards are 7-10 and all of your stats (except assists) are down from last season. Hindsight is 20/20.

2. Chuck

Chuck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Swish15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">DeShawn Stevenson. He turned down a $10 million contract from the Magic to play for the Washington Wizards. Some people think he left because he wanted to play for a winning team. Well guess what Deshawn, the Magic are 1st place in the Eastern Conference and if the playoffs started today, your team would be on the outside looking in. The Wizards are 7-10 and all of your stats (except assists) are down from last season. Hindsight is 20/20.</div>
    He got a really, really crappy contract too. I'm glad he's gone. I always screamed at him when I was at games to pass the ball, and not take that damn inaccurate jumpshot!

3. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

agreed totally..it will be even more funny when he tries crawling back

4. d-money12

d-money12 JBB JustBBall Member

deshawns agent is a moron

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Deshawn felt pretty stupid before the season started after he lost about 2 million a year off of his player option and what we were willing to give to him.

6. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

I still miss that beautiful looking jumper of his.

Well, it's not like he's struggling or anything. He's pretty much doing nothing spectacular... Just like when he was with Orlando.

7. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Beautiful jumper?? He had an inconsistent jumper and wasn't as good as a defender as most people thought. He's an idiot and now is doing nothing in Washington.

8. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Beautiful jumper?? He had an inconsistent jumper and wasn't as good as a defender as most people thought. He's an idiot and now is doing nothing in Washington.</div>

I think asdf was being sarcastic. [​IMG]

Anyways, I think our guard position is ten times better than it was last year. Arroyo and Dooling have really stepped up and since Grant Hill is healthy, I don't think we would have even needed Stevenson. We signed Bogans and resigned Ariza for the amount of money DeShawn was asking for. I'd take our two guys over Stevenson anyday.

9. Chuck

Yeah, things definitely fell into place perfectly. I never did like Stevenson, even though he had some high points.

But you know who else probably feels stupid? Tracy McGrady. Retrospectively, I am so glad that we got rid of him, even though it felt like divorcing a wife, ah so painful.

10. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">Chuck Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">But you know who else probably feels stupid? Tracy McGrady. Retrospectively, I am so glad that we got rid of him, even though it felt like divorcing a wife, ah so painful.</div>

Good point. He was excited to play for the Rockets next to a stud big man and thought he was in a great situation to win a ring. A couple years later he still hasn't done anything in the playoffs and our future looks a lot brighter than Houston's.

I can't blame Tracy though. He had a lot of problems with the management and was sick of losing much like the situation Garnett is in right now in Minnesota. McGrady hasn't been the same since leaving Orlando and I wonder how many times he has thought about playing alongside Dwight, Grant, and Jameer.

Finally, I have one final person who probably feels the most stupid. Steve Francis. In Orlando, he was "The Franchise" again and was putting up great stats including 21.3 PPG. Then he got selfish and was dealt to New York. Now he is playing a career low 28 minutes per game and is averaging only 11 PPG (another career low). Poor, poor Stevey.

11. Chuck

<div class="quote_poster">Swish15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Good point. He was excited to play for the Rockets next to a stud big man and thought he was in a great situation to win a ring. A couple years later he still hasn't done anything in the playoffs and our future looks a lot brighter than Houston's.

I can't blame Tracy though. He had a lot of problems with the management and was sick of losing much like the situation Garnett is in right now in Minnesota. McGrady hasn't been the same since leaving Orlando and I wonder how many times he has thought about playing alongside Dwight, Grant, and Jameer.

Finally, I have one final person who probably feels the most stupid. Steve Francis. In Orlando, he was "The Franchise" again and was putting up great stats including 21.3 PPG. Then he got selfish and was dealt to New York. Now he is playing a career low 28 minutes per game and is averaging only 11 PPG (another career low). Poor, poor Stevey.</div>
    We don't cast off talent lightly, do we? We heave them with great force [​IMG]
    Great call, with Stevey, by the way.

While I completely understand where Tracy was coming from, and why he wanted to leave, the way he exited our team showed his true colors. Every word out of his mouth is "me" or "I", epitomizing his selfishness as well as what was wrong with our team. He claimed no responsibility for the faults at all and alienated his teammates. Alienating teammates must run in the family. *cough*

On that note, being a Magic fan sure is fun right now. Ten years of loyalty, watching every game of that 19 game losing streak, acting like we won the finals when we broke it... It's all paid off. Karma [​IMG]

12. d-money12

d-money12 JBB JustBBall Member

yeah i wouldnt call his j beautiful...id go more along the lines of saayyy, awkward-looking

btw: i never kept up with that tracking deshawn thread man, whoever liked it (nobody im guessing) should start it back up, i dont care too much for DS, maybe him leaving to me was like man, deshawn was a cool cat so i wanted to do something, but i dont really care anymore

13. Chuck

Uhhhh... guys. When dude said "beautiful jumper", he was being ironic.

14. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Chuck Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Uhhhh... guys. When dude said "beautiful jumper", he was being ironic.</div>

I wouldn't say that. I think his jumper is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. He puts Ray Allen to shame for sure.

15. Chuck

<div class="quote_poster">GatorsowntheNCAA Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't say that. I think his jumper is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. He puts Ray Allen to shame for sure.</div>

Good point. DeShawn's got one of the prettiest shots in the NBA. I'd say only people with better-looking jumpshots than him are Ronnie Brewer, Shawn Marion, and Josh Childress

16. bbwSwish

[​IMG]

There is a God.

EDIT: I just read this article about Francis and since we were just talking about how unlucky he has been in New York, I figured I would post it:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The tendinitis in Steve Francis' right knee will force him to rest over the next few days and possibly even longer.

“He had a difficult time getting up from the dinner table,” said the agent, Jeff Fried. “He needs to be healthy to perform and help the team, and this is the way to do it.”

“It’s not something that can just be cured overnight,” Francis said. “I just have to be patient and try to work through it.”</div>

Source

He can't get a break up there.

17. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Steve Francis and McGrady. They should be on the same team. Both whine and complain and don't do anything positive. Anyways, DeShawn Stevenson is a waste of talent and isn't doing anything.

18. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Steve Francis and McGrady. They should be on the same team. Both whine and complain and don't do anything positive. Anyways, DeShawn Stevenson is a waste of talent and isn't doing anything.</div>
    Since when does T-Mac whine and complain?
    Just because he left Orlando for H-town doesn't mean you should hate on him. T-Mac's a baller, be it scoring 30 or passing the ball to Yao. He's smart.

19. Chuck

<div class="quote_poster">Pakman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Since when does T-Mac whine and complain?
    Just because he left Orlando for H-town doesn't mean you should hate on him. T-Mac's a baller, be it scoring 30 or passing the ball to Yao. He's smart.</div>

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Dude, come on.

TMACZ A BALLER. BALLERZ DONT COMPLAIN THEY STRAIGHT UP THUGGED OUT GANGSTAS AND KAN HANDLE N E THING.

20. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

T-Macs a baller?? Is that your comeback to what I posted?? Yeah, he's a good scorer but also complains about management. Do you even know anything on what happened when Me-Mac was in Orlando?