You, me and Dupree.

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Rok, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>USA Today - <u>Ronald Dupree</u> was traded to Minnesota by the Pistons shortly before the 2005-2006 season, but on Monday he is back in Detroit after signing a two-year deal with the club. The 6-foot-7 forward scored 6.2 points in 19 minutes per game as a rookie with Chicago in the 2003-04 season after nearly making Detroit's team as an undrafted free agent.</div> Pistons bring back Ronald Dupree, I always liked the guy, he's a solid person to bring off the bench. Nice pickup by the Pistons, their bench is looking decent.

2. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Jul 17 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Pistons bring back Ronald Dupree, I always liked the guy, he's a solid person to bring off the bench. Nice pickup by the Pistons, their bench is looking decent.</div>He pretty much takes Maurice Evans spot,Good pickup for the Pistions.

3. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Championship contenders all seem to be doing things to help their ball club besides the Spurs. As a spurs fan, i am extremely upset that they have done nothing this offseason. Good pick up by detroit. This guy is a very underrated scorer.

4. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

Solid addition to add some depth to the bench for the Pistions.

5. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

WOOO I loved this guy, Super Dupe is back!!!

6. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

I don't know about this signing I mean I like Dupree's athleticism but I guess that means Delfino is on his way out. I am guessing before any more transactions the lineup looks likeC. MohammedPF. WallaceSF. PrinceSG. HamiltonPG. BillupsRotationMcDyessMurrayDelfino/DupreeTrying to crack the rotationMaxiellJohnsonSaving for the playoffs:DavisHunterI saw an article about the Dupree signing that the Pistons are possibly still trying to pursue free agent Al Harrington in a possible sign and trade. As much as I would love to see McDyess win a title w/ us he might have to be included in the sign and trade. Like I said in a previous post I don't know if trading for Harrington makes sense especially if the Pistons want to develop Maxiell and/or Johnson. Right now I don't really see the direction the Pistons are headed after losing Big Ben, HoLLa baCk

7. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Good signing. The Pistons needed more help off the bench. He is a really good talent, he is athletic, and he can dunk the ball from what I saw..

8. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Jul 17 2006, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Championship contenders all seem to be doing things to help their ball club besides the Spurs. As a spurs fan, i am extremely upset that they have done nothing this offseason. Good pick up by detroit. This guy is a very underrated scorer.</div>Suns have improved very slightly but there offseason has sucked really bad. Woohoo, Dupree! :boogie: I say....BIG DEAL. He's not that good and the bench is still terrible, but if the fans like him then who am I to argue? He's not much of an improvement from anyone on the bench, but at least he'll give you all some excitement.

9. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

SUPER DUPE!I loved Ronalds athleticism and his heart that he showed in his tenure in Detroit. I am really excited that we made the decision to bring him back.

10. Becar

Becar BBW Member

I like the signing. But isnt he more or less a poor mans Mo Evans? Hes very athletic and can shoot DECENTLY. But i dont think he plays D as well as Mo did. I just dont know. It was a good addition but I really find nothing of significance in the signing.

11. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I like watching Dupree, he's an interesting player. I think he could benefit playing in Detroit with the athletic stars they already have. I see him fitting in nicely with Rip Hamilton and Teyshaun Prince. Also, very clever play on words ROK [​IMG]

12. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Well, Flip Murray took over Mo Evans spot, so I guess this is Delfino's last stand in Detroit. I'm glad Dupree is back, he has heart, and he's pretty good all around.

13. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

congreats super dupe!congrats super dupe!

14. D-Ball

D-Ball BBW Member

It's a solid pickup, and probably one that needed to be made. My only reason for pause concerns Carlos Delfino. I see him as the X-Factor of next year's Championship aspirations because I think he can be the 7th man of this team. With Flip Murray at both guard positions, Delfino at the 2/3, and McDyess manning the post - that's a very good rotation if everything works out. Dupree and Delfino are going to push each other, and that's a good thing. But the Pistons would be much better off if the raw skills of Delfino out-shined a hustling player like Dupree.

15. Nazr McWallace

Nazr McWallace BBW Member

Well posted, D-Ball. And I agree with your rotation, except I'd scale back Nazr and possibly Rasheed's minutes (really depending on if either is having an off night) slightly during the season to get Maxiell some development time of 8-12 mins a game. His combination of toughness and athleticism interest me.Delfino is an enigma, and shouldn't be written off just yet. People think we're just gonna trade him, but the fact is he's still under contract and this is the year to give the Dolfin some room to swim.

16. JRICH23

JRICH23 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Jul 17 2006, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Championship contenders all seem to be doing things to help their ball club besides the Spurs. As a spurs fan, i am extremely upset that they have done nothing this offseason. Good pick up by detroit. This guy is a very underrated scorer.</div>Im pretty sure that Detroit hasnt done anything to improve their team. They lost the centerpiece to their defense, Ben Wallace, and got a much slower, weaker, and less athletic center, Nazr Mohammed. Dont get flustered by the spurs not doing anything yet, in case you forgot the spurs did not sign Michael Finley until September last year so I think the spurs staff will do something if anything really needs to be done. Also Ronald Dupree is a nice player, too bad he barely got to play in Minnesota.

17. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JRICH23 @ Jul 25 2006, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im pretty sure that Detroit hasnt done anything to improve their team. They lost the centerpiece to their defense, Ben Wallace, and got a much slower, weaker, and less athletic center, Nazr Mohammed. Dont get flustered by the spurs not doing anything yet, in case you forgot the spurs did not sign Michael Finley until September last year so I think the spurs staff will do something if anything really needs to be done. Also Ronald Dupree is a nice player, too bad he barely got to play in Minnesota.</div>Wow. hasn't done anything..... that is pretty bias.Slower, weaker, less athletic, true. HOWEVER also the best available. We also signed Flip Murray for chump change. To say we have done nothing is just plain stupid.

18. JRICH23

JRICH23 BBW Member

I say that cause no matter what the pistons do this off season they will never be able to be at the level the team was at when they had Ben Wallace. If Detroit resigned Ben and Never got Nazr but got the rest of the people they got this off season then yes it would be a very succesful offseason, but the loss of Big Ben is going to hurt the pistons almost as much LA was hurt when they traded shaq, Detroit wont even win the Division Title in 07 they will be a 5 seed at best.

19. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JRICH23 @ Jul 25 2006, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I say that cause no matter what the pistons do this off season they will never be able to be at the level the team was at when they had Ben Wallace. If Detroit resigned Ben and Never got Nazr but got the rest of the people they got this off season then yes it would be a very succesful offseason, but the loss of Big Ben is going to hurt the pistons almost as much LA was hurt when they traded shaq, Detroit wont even win the Division Title in 07 they will be a 5 seed at best.</div>no freaking way! that is so retarted. Ben Wallace averaged less than 5 points in the playoffs. last time i checked, Shaq averaged that in one corner. He also draws doubles, and gets to the free throw line alot more. That is retarted to say.AND, Detroit will be a #4 seed at the VERY worst. I still think they are going to win their divsion. Chemisty is going to come in to play for Detroit. And if u were Detroits GM, would u have given a one dimensional player 15 mil a year? I dont think so

20. JRICH23

JRICH23 BBW Member

Ok its hard to explain what im saying on the internet but if I were to tell you in person you would get what Im saying. Also Ben Wallace isnt just a good defender, he is also a great offensive rebounder, finisher and he also did help the teams chemistry. Just think how bad losing bruce bowen would be for the spurs, guards would be having a ball going against the defense of manu compared to bruce. Also you cant tell me that Detroit will win the Central division next year over Cleveland. Come on now.