Politics You pro-Trump, anti-govenment types are fools

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Stevenson, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    You are the problem. You are why people are dying in Houston.

Government has an important, legitimate function in society. But you fools want to shrink it. Good thing you don't live in Houston, where there is a severe lack of FEMA help because, like everything else the Trump Administration touches, FEMA has been trashed, underfunded, and can't save enough lives.

Starving the government by not funding and staffing it doesn't shrink government, it makes it dysfunctional. Do you not see that around you every day? We need a working government with a moral center. We have neither. We have the opposite. Today, it's floods, tomorrow it will be financial crimes., and North Korea, and a bubble bursting. We need judges. We need a functioning government. The anti-Semite Trump is like Sargent Schultz - he knows nothing, sees nothing,

"Drain the swamp." What a joke. Dive into the deep end is more like it at his government-subsided Washington Trump hotel. Please take your hypocritical, two-bit 'drain the swamp' theory, your repugnant, incompetent leader, and leave the rest of us who love what this country really is and know what it really stands for, we who want to take care of it, each other, and our sick planet and who feel the pull of America's historical role to do Tikkun Olam and let us get to work.

Drain the swamp. What a joke. You are heading this country to ruin. Take your Russian puppet president and deny reality amongst yourselves all you want. We all see the truth of this man now. Let us run our country. Where you're taking us is frightening.

And you know it too.

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Your ovine post suggests an inability to separate fact from fiction, plus a total loss of memory. Get thee to a neurologist post haste!

3. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Ridiculous.

4. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I find it almost (almost) amusing that the Texas Republican senators and congressmen who voted against relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Sandy (which devastated northern states) are now crying for federal relief funds for Texas. Apparently the Sandy Relief funds were nothing but "pork barrel" politics and the region (in their tiny little minds) didn't deserve that. But, being Texas and Republican is apparently something entirely different in the wake of catastrophe. C'mon Denny, trot out your charts and graphs and "prove" my assertions to be "fake news". I can't wait....

5. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

Those poor people in Houston. That's all I have to say. No political views needed for that observation.

6. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

7. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Now I'm not a republican...buuuut.... It's interesting to note that those "Texas Republicans" have a rainy day fund that is worth about $10 Billion in their coffers. Financially they are in much better shape than our liberal Oregon state government would be if facing a similar catastrophe.

8. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Unfortunately you have to look at it politically because these kinds of major disasters are very poorly planned for usually. Politicians don't want to spend money on emergency management because they always figure that they won't be in office whenever the next big event happens. So the buck keeps getting passed until finally something like Houston happens. It's a basically a game of duck duck goose, and someone is going to get picked for the shit end of the stick. Portland tries.... but at the same time they are very complacent in many ways. Our big earthquake, whenever it hits, will be catastrophic. But if you're a politician, do you want to spend time and money on something that may not even happen in your lifetime?

9. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

So you are against the kicker? Me too.

barfo

10. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

lol, liberals are totally fucking unhinged.

Libertarians aren't for zero government. Huge disasters and catastrophes are one of the things that government should assist in, there are about a million things they shouldn't stick their noses in.

But its nice you can use a tragedy like this as a platform to denounce the political views of your opponents.

11. Natebishop3

I want mah $98!

12. Natebishop3

On the one hand, growing the government is silly because the government wastes money like it's toilet paper. They mismanage everything they touch. And the nanny state is becoming a real thing. The entire way that government budget works is hilariously awful. Use it or lose it money. Brilliant idea!

On the other hand, schools in the US are pitiful. Healthcare prices are soaring. Infrastructure isn't being updated to accommodate growing population. So what do we do?

Also, I would point out that Bill Clinton, for all of his faults, is literally the only President to actually appoint an emergency manager as the head of FEMA. Every single other President before him has used the position as a reward for someone that supported him during the election. Bush Jr did it and that's when we had Hurricane Katrina.

13. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Haven't been following this story much but response seems much better than Katrina.

14. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Hmmmmmmm, does Stevenson have any money in the bank or anything worth selling to help fund this relief effort?

I know we're only 20 trillion in debt. Let's spend another 100 trillion raising all the homes in Houston. Why not?

Or just build everyone one of these. This house is awesome. Look it up. dome_home_main.0.jpeg

15. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Clinton also left a budget surplus. Bush II ran the economy into a ditch. Obama saved it. Democrats are the ones who are fiscally responsible, despite protestations to the contrary.

16. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    If you're referring to the state tax refund I would say it wouldn't matter much to me if the state kept it. However, the law currently says they have to refund it so they would have to change the law.

17. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Those Japanese are so inventive. I've always wanted to live in a suppository house.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  18. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    hahahahah

good one.

19. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

That house sheltered the neighbors during a hurricane not too long ago. If I remember correctly. It's on the gulf coast somewhere.

e_blazer likes this.
  20. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case