You think TO cares????

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Bleedblk&gld, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3790028

The Terrell Owens saga continued Thursday as the All-Pro wide receiver said publicly he is prepared to leave the Eagles if the team doesn't grant him his wish of receiving more money.

Owens' remarks came a day after team president Joe Banner took a shot at Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, in a story that appeared in the Philadelphia Daily News.
    "If we were dealing with somebody who was looking at this logically and was going to come to a common-sense conclusion, you'd say (he'll report to camp on time)," Banner told the Daily News. "But you're dealing with two people here who, frankly, don't think in common-sense terms."

Owens responded to those statements during a television interview shown on Philadelphia's Comcast SportsNet.

"It doesn't bother me," he said in the interview. "When it all boils down to it, I'm doing what's best for my family. Not to stir anything up, but I don't really have to play for the Eagles to be honest. I can go play with any other team and still be productive.

"If (Banner) feels that way, then get rid of me. I have no gripes, no ill feelings toward any of the players on that team. This is business. They know how business is conducted. I've told them what I'm doing is for my family. If they can't understand that ? and if they feel like I'm a no-nonsense guy ? he wants to talk about Drew and I ? if we're problems then I feel like we can be adults about it. Trade me. Release me, and we can part ways like adults."

Owens added that he won't likely attend training camp, even though fines will be applied by the Eagles for each day he misses.

According to the Daily News, citing a source in the NFL Players Association familiar with Owens' contract, the Eagles could reclaim five-sixths of the $2.25 million signing bonus Owens received last year upon being traded to the Eagles. Which means Owens could be out $1.87 million.

"I think we're both going to be smart about the situation," Owens said. "He can put that statement out there, and he knows that if I don't report to camp, the next thing they're going to hit me with is a bunch of fines. They're going to try and get in my pocket. I've talked to the coach, and like I said, if I've got to come there, it's not going to be a good situation. I just want something to be rectified, and we can just move on."

Owens, who did the interview from Atlanta, went on to talk about the possibility of being traded, specifically to the Falcons.

"If Joe Banner can give Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade," he said, "who knows, Atlanta might be on the list of people that I could play for."

It is easy for Terrell Owens to say "trade me." But in the real world, the NFL world of salary caps, the Philadelphia Eagles would take a hit by dealing him and if T.O. remembers the only team that really wanted him last year was the Baltimore Ravens. He didn't want to go to such a quarterback-unfriendly team, and begged the Eagles to enter the legal fight to free him from that trade. They did, and rewarded T.O. with a roster bonus and salary that totaled more than $9.1 million last year.

Does he deserve more money for his valiant recovery from injury and subsequent play in the Super Bowl? The novice would say sure. But T.O., as we have all learned, is more than pure production, superb play and hats-off effort. He says things that befuddle most locker rooms. He put Jeff Garcia in his place and he seems to be working at chipping away at Donovan McNabb. When he's not practicing and playing, he's talking way too much.

If he had the money, Raiders owner Al Davis would trade for T.O. But in the real world, he already has money tied up in Randy Moss and Jerry Porter. The Denver Broncos have the need for such a playmaker, but they couldn't fit Owens under their salary cap. That is T.O.'s dilemma. A team may want him, but not have the money. Maybe his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, should swing a trade with the Packers ? ship holdout receiver Javon Walker to Philly for T.O. But why would the Eagles want to pay Walker when they are already paying Owens?

You get the point.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

He wants to play for the Falcons I guess. I saw it on Sportscenter. very intresting then we could really have a fair judge at Mike Vick. As for TO I think he is taken it out of hand. He had a real shot with the Eagles at a SB but now I think it's over with.

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I'd love to see T.O. go to the Falcons. Just for pure "train wreck" value...

4. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

I heard that too about TO and the Falcons. I wouldn't want all the drama that he brings but I have to admit it would be great to have a WR of his talent on the field, and of course it would be great for Vick.

5. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

For a short while there after the superbowl I became an Owens fan, after all this he immediatley drops to the bottom of all my lists.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

i still respect him for what he did and I honestly think Rosenhaus is giving bad advice to all of his clients. He tried it with Chad Johnson. He said I want you to hold out and Johnson said I want to get paid but I am here to work. So he can't get to them all.

7. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I hope he holds out and does not play. I hope banner responds not by trading him(i.e. giving him what he wants.) but by letting him hold out. Make it so he cant play football, there is no way he will find a better paying job then NFL WR to "feed his family", so eventually he will cave in or retire. Most likely, cave in.

8. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

In TO's case, he crossed the line of common sense. You don't ask for a new contract one year into a new deal. What a moron, but considering the fiasco from last year, would anyone expect better from him? I still believe that should TO should be a Raven.

9. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

On ESPN the commentary said that Banner won't trade him, but force TO to not play next season. I hope this is what happens as well.

I feel bad for TO. He's got an agent with a good track record for getting big contracts, but he's got himself in a horrible situation now. I would be terrified if the Vikings started to look at TO. IMO TO is ten times worse than Moss ever was

10. Bearsfan1

I remember last year when all the eagles fans told us how TO woudl not be a problem. LOL

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I remember last year when all the eagles fans told us how TO woudl not be a problem. LOL</div>

Yea at the time but did they really think it was gonna last. Come on this is TO.

12. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

TO cannot go to the Falcons, then the falcons would be extremly hard to beat. And he wouldnt put up the huge numbers like he did with the Eagles. He should go to the vikings, this would ensure that someone could replace Moss.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

If he goes to the Vikings and plays like he did last year then I would make them my SB pick but I think he either plays for the Eagles or doesn't play at all.

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I just heard on ESPNEWS that the falcons said they arent gonna trade for him. Even if a trade was to happen, it wouldnt been soon because teams have to sign their rookies 1st

15. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>TO cannot go to the Falcons, then the falcons would be extremly hard to beat. And he wouldnt put up the huge numbers like he did with the Eagles. He should go to the vikings, this would ensure that someone could replace Moss.</div>

TO is not the vertical threat that the Vikings are looking for, so I really don't think that's a possibility.

Besides, Banner is going to let TO twist in the wind. Did anyone hear his comments about TO? He's pissed.

16. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I remember last year when all the eagles fans told us how TO woudl not be a problem. LOL</div>

Yea at the time but did they really think it was gonna last. Come on this is TO.</div>

Yes they did think it was going to last. Had discussion, you werent here, if you want to know read back though all the posts

17. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

According to Steven A. Smith, TO says he WILL be in training camp. Although doesn't sound too happy, oh well. He's here, I just hope his attitude changes by the seasons start

18. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I see a fight between Mcnabb and TO and Mcnabb knocking TOs lights out

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I see a fight between Mcnabb and TO and Mcnabb knocking TOs lights out</div>

and McNabb and Owens are both suspended and the Eagles season falls apart. I doubt there is a fight. I don't know what to make of this. Its gonna be some sight seeing McNabb throw him the ball and TO makes the catch and jogs back to the huddle.

20. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

its never gonna be the same between Mcnabb and TO. TO basically called McNabb a bad player