You wanted a freak show???

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Celtic Fan, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

okay maybe not, but the Japanese sure do love their mismatches and seeing obvious losers having 'warrior spirit' while eating fists.

and the Japanese sure do love Fedor... hmm wonder how these two will mix ;)
    [if you know your MMA history, you know it's almost tradition by now]
    I can see it now, "Mr. Fedor, how would you like to make a huge wad of cash on New Year's Eve?"
    "Sure, How?"
    "You gotta fight an olympic Gold Medalist?"
    "Does he fight MMA?"
    "uhh no not really, but he knows Judo?"
    Big grin on Fedor's face "I GUESS I could fight him"

ugh then we have to wait another 4-6 months for Fedor to fight a REAL opponent if he screws up his hand again.. I know it's easy money but good gawd I could give a crap about this potential matchup.

2. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

well it would be more than 4-6 months. New Years isn't another 4 months from now. And usually fighters have at least 3 months between fights.

So probably 7 months if he takes the cakewalk New Years fight. And from past fights, Fedor seems to like the easier freakshow fight with little mma experience and make the cash and no chance of losing any hype by losing a fight.

3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

you're right of course, I ment 4-6 months from that fight... which would equal 8-10 months from now.. which sucks even more.

and yeah it's an easy payday for Fedor, and the Japanese crowd loves it. so it's a win-win for him. Not so much for MMA fans.

4. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Fedor can still have a fight with the winner of Arlovski/Barnett next year so it really doesn't change his status. If Randy was available I wouldn't expect Fedor to be taking this fight, but it looks like Randy will never fight again.