Young Cavs Are Growing Up Fast

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Shapecity, May 18, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Cleveland Cavaliers weren't supposed to be ready yet.

They needed more playoff experience and more time against the elite teams of the NBA, like Detroit or San Antonio.

LeBron James was only at the beginning of his Michael Jordan-esque learning curve, losing early in his career to become dominant in later seasons.

The Cavs have proven to be quick learners. They controlled the tempo throughout Game 5 at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Wednesday, showing the composure and poise one would expect from the veteran Pistons on their home court.

With their 86-84 win, the Cavs have a 3-2 advantage in the Eastern Conference semifinals and have the opportunity to close out the series with a win in Friday's Game 6.

"Our guys have bunkered down and had a bunker mentality," Cavs coach Mike Brown said. "That's been huge for us, especially against a team like this and an environment like this."</div>

Source

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

This team isn't really young. Asides from LeBron James and Anderson Varajeo, the rest of the players that play a role on this team are veterans. However, their key players like Hughes, Z and Gooden havent seen much playoff experience. All 3 players played one year in the playoffs asides from this year, I believe, Z's being a while ago.

3. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

Well guys, if you can beat a team in a 7 game series that has won 2 of the last 3 championships in your first year to the playoffs in a while, I think that says something about your team.

LeBron and Crew and going to be seeing a team in the west pretty soon.

4. BlueBayou

BlueBayou JBB JustBBall Member

Im not sure about the seeing a team in the west pretty soon, unless you mean next year. I think the Heat just have way to much firepower, and I think Shaq is gonna return to the power game against Z. Don't get my wrong I think the Cavs do have a good shot at winning since they have LeBron, anything can happen. However, one of these eastern conference teams will win the ship.

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 50:</div><div class="quote_post">Well guys, if you can beat a team in a 7 game series that has won 2 of the last 3 championships in your first year to the playoffs in a while, I think that says something about your team.

LeBron and Crew and going to be seeing a team in the west pretty soon.</div>

Have you beat them yet?

6. Beastin510

Beastin510 JBB JustBBall Member

Don't get me wrong the Cavs have a good team around Lebron but they do not have the power upfront to deal with Shaq, if the Cavs happen to get past the big bad Pistons then they will come into the con. finals tired out by their series with the pistons and the heat will have over a weeks rest. i just think they are too young and dont have the frontcourt but they will be an elite team in the east in the next couple of years.

7. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

Man screw it...I'm gonna pull a Guaransheed, and say the Cavs WILL win on Sunday.....I enjoy watching Detroit play, but I wanna see Bron vs. D Wade....and if the Cavs beat the Pistons, I believe they can beat anybody.....but it will be interesting to see none the less.

8. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

That would be one of the best matchups in the last few years.LeBron vs. Wade,you all saw what those guys did the last time they met.

9. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GatorsowntheNCAA:</div><div class="quote_post">Have you beat them yet?</div>
    That is why I said IF at the start of my paragraph. We might, might not but IF we do then that shows something about LeBron.

10. Phuzer

Phuzer JBB JustBBall Member

Cavs won't beat Detroit. The Fab Five are just too good, but hey, it was a nice run.