Youngn's Here To Stay

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Sasha, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> ''The greatest thing I got out of the summer league, other than watching our young guys play, is watching Jim and Dick put their defensive sytem in,'' King said. ''It's one that there will be no question from our players how we're going to play defense, and it will become habit for them.''

Suddenly, with Green and Samuel Dalembert and Iguodala and Skinner and Iverson and Kenny Thomas and Kyle Korver, the Sixers have become younger and more athletic.

''Last year, I may have re-signed some veteran guys because I didn't know what our guys were going to do,'' King said.

And, he said, he isn't about to break that up.

''We're not going to move our youth,'' he emphasized. ''I'm excited about our young players and they proved they can play in this league. We're not going to do anything to jeopardize our future. In the past, it was more 'win now, win now,' and we want to make sure we can win now but also win in the future.''</div>
    Full Article
    Courtesy of Jeff Schuler/The Morning Call

I am finally happy with some of Billy's comments, it has been a while since I have heard or seen anything positive come out of his mouth, regarding the future of the 76ers franchise. It is a gift that we do have very athletic players that will play defense, and on top of it all, they're young. Also, with Larry gone, the younger guys will actually get playing time, and Jim has been praising Green, left and right. The future looks bright, and it might for a long time.

2. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

Glad to here they'll be stickin' around. [​IMG]

3. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I'm so gald to finally hear that were are going to have a team running fast pace run and gun offense. This upcoming season should be pretty exciting, espect to see alot of high flying dunks and in your face defense. Hopefully, right.

4. phillyfanatic

phillyfanatic JBB JustBBall Member

has anybody heard anything about Barley? I was jsut wondering if he has a legit chance to make the team? He is a good defender and can hit the open jumper... isn't that what O'Brien wants (i'm a homer and would love to see Barley on the opening day roster)

5. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Finally some good news