Your 2014 NY Yankees

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by bern_baby_bern, Aug 6, 2013.

1. bern_baby_bern

bern_baby_bern Member

It's pretty much come to this. So let's start brainstorming. If Cano is looking to get more than 5 years you say adios. His inability to shoulder the load is the sign we all needed. And before you even bring up protection in the lineup, just think about the hustle and his lack of leadership by example. I'm not sure how much they should bother with trying to resign him at this point. So…

McCann/Romine/Cervelli or maybe JR Murphy?
    Texeira/Morse
    Cano/Cassila/Inafante?
    Nunez/Jeter
    Arod/Reynold/Uribe/Bettemit?

Gardner
    Ichiro/Wells/Soriano
    Morse/Almonte/Heathcott

CC/Nova/Phelps/Pineda/Kuroda/DePaula(ready?)

God, what a mess. And you know how good Cashman is in this type of situation. He'll be looking to pick a handful of castoffs off the trash heap some time in late February. Fan confidence is sinking…

Would love to see Sanchez and Williams break the squad but they're still some time away.

2. Yblue

Yblue Member

People starting to get why some of us have been so hard on Cashman? Sure would be nice to have a farm system right now, call some guys up see what they got in hoped they can fill a hole next year. Nada.

We cant even hope cashman does the only thing he does well....overpay free agents. Aside from Cano and McCann, possibly Choo if you want yet another OF in the mix, i cant find anyone worth overpaying.

And the pitching....talk about a nightmare. CC better find himself in the offseason.

3. Majorball

Majorball Well-Known Member

In addition, I know this going to be met with, Well he's always hurt, but I want Ellsbury for the OF. I see Gardner as a 4th outfielder, sorry. Unlike Rickey, he can't read pitchers well, he is a great defensive outfielder, with a ok bat. We need 20 HR's+ from CF and given the fact that Ellsbury can steal as well or if not better it is a significant addition. I resign Granderson for 1 year for Left, and we have Suzuki in right. Wells and Soriano round out the outfield. We take Gardner and trade for other needs.

4. Yblue

Yblue Member

Yea i think he is a fantatsic player. But i would not go north of 3-4 years. Way too risky.