Your 2020-21 Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Scalma, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Keep it somewhat realistic yeah?

Draft

1. Aleksej Pokusevski- F/C Olympiacos b
    2. Amar Sylla- F (stash)

Clearly going with upside here and I stuck with what I know; international. I remember Olshey wanted Porzingis when he came out, and while Pokusevski is a different type of player, I don’t think Olshey would hesitate on taking a raw euro with upside, especially in this draft and where we are at as a team. He doesn’t HAVE to hit on the pick. It’s a lottery pick in the truest sense. Sylla is my favorite sleeper prospect.

Free Agency

Hassan Whiteside
    Marvin Williams
    Wenyen Gabriel
    Cam Payne

Player Options
    Hezonja- declined
    Hood- picked up

Roster

Guards: Lillard, McCollum, Trent Jr, Simons, Payne

Forwards: Collins, Ariza, Williams, Hood, Gabriel, Little

Centers: Nurkic, Whiteside, Pokusevski

Left one spot open. Could go to Hoard, but they can sign him to another two way instead if they wanted to.

2. damianlillard

damianlillard Well-Known Member

There are 3 things that I would like the blazers to address. Them being a true point guard off the bench, switchable defensive forwards, and some kind of insurance at center position in case Nurkic get hurt again. I do like a lot of the prospect in the upcoming draft, some who I think will be solid role players at the very least. However they all seem to be at least a few years away from contributing. We don’t have time to waste while we are in the midst of Dame prime. We need to trade picks for a proven talent. I am thinking of Anunoby. He is proven but still young. I would trade Little, even though I love him, and 1st round pick for him. Then use the 2nd round pick on Tre Jones. Then sign Gabriel to a cheap 2-3 year deal. Sign Marvin Williams to 2 year 12 million. Then sign Kyle O’Quinn a one year 3 million
    Dame/Simons/Jones
    CJ/Trent/Hood
    OG/Ariza/ Gabriel
    Collins/Williams/Gabriel
    Nurkic/Collins/O’Quinn