Your All Time Sixers Line-up

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Diesel, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

This is a thread to name your all-time line-up. Mine is

C- Moses Malone(A bigger impact on our franchise, Wilts was with the Lakers)
    PF-Charles Barkly
    SF- Dr. J
    SG- Allen Iverson(he played here most of the time in Philly
    PG- Maurice Cheeks

Billy CunningHam deseves recognition too I think.

2. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

^^ Exact same here. That's like all hall of famers that's a great line-up.

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

C- Wilt Chamberline. He spent the better part of his career here in Philadelphia, and like Shaq said there was Wilt then ther was him Wilt is the most domiante player ever. He scored his 100 points with us although never winning a championship with Philadelphia he has had his number retired,a nd is one of the NBA 50 greatest players so he starts here.

PF- Moses Malone- This was a tough choice I did not know who to pick him or Barkely, but I choose him because he brought us a title, and did a lot more as a sixers than Barkely did. To me Barkely's career was better after he left the franchise he went to the finals and won mvp.

SF- Dr. J- No explenation needed many thought after Dr. J no one could be more athletic ever until Jordan came. Dr. J is still very involved with the state of Pennsylvania and city of Philladelphia he brought us two championships, and imo was to this point the greatest Sixer ever.

SG- Allen Iverson-He is third all time in career scoring average with 27 points per game has over 15,000 points for his career. Has taken our team to the finals, won mvp, won all star mvp, and would have won playoff mvp had we beat the Lakers in 2001.

PG. Marius Cheeks- Enough said.

4. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">C- Wilt Chamberline. He spent the better part of his career here in Philadelphia, and like Shaq said there was Wilt then ther was him Wilt is the most domiante player ever. He scored his 100 points with us although never winning a championship with Philadelphia he has had his number retired,a nd is one of the NBA 50 greatest players so he starts here.
    </div>

Well Wilt had a better player performance in PHilly, but his Overall team succes was with the Lakers. This is kind of like Barklys case allso. Also I must say Shaq is more dominant than Wilt. Wilt had different strenghs such as his speed. Shaq is only fast under the rim. Shaq was more dominant. Well MOses was a 50 Greatest player of all time too as was Barkly who isn't included. I guess I was thinking differently. Wilt was a MUCH better player than Moses Malone, just Moses brought more to Philly.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">SG- Allen Iverson-He is third all time in career scoring average with 27 points per game has over 15,000 points for his career. Has taken our team to the finals, won mvp, won all star mvp, and would have won playoff mvp had we beat the Lakers in 2001.</div>

Well you can't really say any If's in there. What If Shaq scored 100 PPG in all his seasons? I'm sure he would've won MVP every year. What If the Sixers won every title since Iverson came to PHilly. HE probably would've won all of the Finals MVP. There is many possibilities. What IF Iverson wasn't injured and led the Sixers to a championship last year?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">PG. Marius Cheeks- Enough said.</div>

Well It's kind of weird because on your all-time list, all of these players are better suited for "nuff said" than Maurice Cheeks. I mean it's kind of weird to give a whole explanation on Dr. J and then on Maurice Cheeks say "nuff said". Maurice Cheeks was a very underrated player, and not too many people know by heart his accomplishments. I don't either, but I know a few.

5. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">Well Wilt had a better player performance in PHilly, but his Overall team succes was with the Lakers. This is kind of like Barklys case allso. Also I must say Shaq is more dominant than Wilt. Wilt had different strenghs such as his speed. Shaq is only fast under the rim. Shaq was more dominant. Well MOses was a 50 Greatest player of all time too as was Barkly who isn't included. I guess I was thinking differently. Wilt was a MUCH better player than Moses Malone, just Moses brought more to Philly.</div>
    When WIlt went to the Lakers and won the title he was not really ther eonly option like he was in Philly. I will not call him a role player, because he was more than that, but there where a lot of other scoring options on that team. As far as Shaq being more dominate then Wilt no way. Shaq is dominate in his own right, but Wilt was the most dominate player ever even Shaq has no problem admitting that so why should you?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">Well you can't really say any If's in there. What If Shaq scored 100 PPG in all his seasons? I'm sure he would've won MVP every year. What If the Sixers won every title since Iverson came to PHilly. HE probably would've won all of the Finals MVP. There is many possibilities. What IF Iverson wasn't injured and led the Sixers to a championship last year?</div>
    Ok then IF AI would not have been the playoff mvp in that 2001 finals had they won who would have been just woudl find it intresting to here. Since the MVP of te playoffs 99.9% of the time has to paly for the team that wins the finals, and AI led that team in points and steals, and was the unquestioned leader.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">Well It's kind of weird because on your all-time list, all of these players are better suited for "nuff said" than Maurice Cheeks. I mean it's kind of weird to give a whole explanation on Dr. J and then on Maurice Cheeks say "nuff said". Maurice Cheeks was a very underrated player, and not too many people know by heart his accomplishments. I don't either, but I know a few.</div>
    I say enough siad, because in the front court I was going to have to leave one of D. J, Barkely, Malone, or Chamberline out. So I explained why I choose each so that no one would come in saying "wtf how is Barkely not on your list". I thought it would save me and this thread time (guess I was wrong). With Cheeks there really is no other option I believe he is either first or second all time in Sixers history in assists. Won a championshp with us, and has his number retired. He is without question in my mind the greatest Sixer point guard ever.

By the way Ace2k2 do always enjoy your replies it often sparks good debates, and offers a different insite on a isssue which is something that is always needed on this forum. Just wanted to say thank you for that. [​IMG]

6. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

C - Wilt Chamberlain
    PF - Charles Barkelly
    SF - Billy Cunningham
    SG - Julius Erving
    PG - Allen Iverson

I know Dr. J mostly played forward and Iverson mostly plays 2-guard, but I thought Billy C deserved a spot.

7. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    By the way Ace2k2 do always enjoy your replies it often sparks good debates, and offers a different insite on a isssue which is something that is always needed on this forum. Just wanted to say thank you for that. [​IMG]</div>

Haha thnx, I enjoy your post as well, most of them are very good and plenty of good reasons in them such as your one just now. Always fun to debate with one of the best posters. [​IMG]