Your Conference Standings

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Voodoo Child, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

What do you think your favorite Confrence's standings will look like? My favorite Conference is the Big Ten. Here is what I think their season standings will look like -

A Look At The Big Ten

1.Michigan State (They will also be # 1 in the nation so the other Big Ten teams shouldn't feel so bad)

2.Michigan (Sims, Robinson Jr., Horton, Petway, Harris, Abrahm oh my!)

3.Ohio State (Ohio State will have two great transfers coming in, Tony Stockman from Clemson, and J.J. Sullinger from Arkansas)

4.Wisconsin ("The Badgers lose Kirk Penney, but the rest of the crew that captured a second straight Big Ten title is back to defend its crown. Adding Brian Butch makes the Badgers a real threat for a third straight league championship. No reason to doubt Bo Ryan after what he has accomplished so far." - Andy Katz)

5.Illinois ("The Illini won't have Brian Cook, but they do return three of the top sophomores in the Big Ten. Guards Dee Brown and Deron Williams, as well as James Augustine, provide the nucleus for the Illini to make a deep run. Illinois also will have a healthy Luther Head to go with Roger Powell, which means the Illini could be one of the best in the Big Ten." - Andy Katz)

6.Iowa (Five words, Pierre Pierce will be back)

7.Purdue (Most people are underestimating Purdue due to Willie Deane's absence, but this team will still be deep next season. They have defenseman extrodinaire senior Kenneth Lowe, along with senior Brett Buscher, Sophomore David Teague and the junior taking Deane's place, Brandon McKnight)

8.Indiana (Newton leaving will hurt badly, but not enough to keep them out of the tournament. They always have Freshman sensation Bracey Wright just as long as his back heals. If they were in any other conference Indiana would be higher on my list, but the Big Ten will be one of the toughest conferences again this season.)

9.Minnesota (Sure Minnesota will lose Rickert, but that is not the main reason I had them dropping so greatly. I had them dropping so greatly because my knowledge of the Big Ten's strength next season just got greater. The Big Ten will be a scary conference to run into next season.)

10.Northwestern (The first of the two bad marks in the Big Ten)

11.Penn State (I knew they were bad before, but ouch, now their best player just transferred.)

2. Voodoo Child

Anybody?

3. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">Anybody?</div>As far as the Big Ten goes, I think there's quite a gap between their top 5 and their next 6. Of course, the bottom 2 are way below the rest, but I think Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa and Purdue are also going to be unusually weak this season.

4. Raindrops

Raindrops JBB JustBBall Member

Big Ten

1.Michigan State(tremendous depth makes up for the loss of Erazem Lorbek.Powerhouse!)
    2.Wisconsin(Harris,Owens,Tucker,Butch, and Wilkinson. What a lineup!)
    3.Illinois(Brown,Augustine,Williams. These sophmores got game!)
    4.Michigan(Harris,Mathis,Sims, and Petways. If these FR can step up the Wolves will be very dangerous)
    5.Ohio State(the 2 transfers Sullinger and Stockman will have to play a big role. Radinovic has NBA potential.
    6.Indiana( Everyone must improve to take the load off Wright)
    7.Iowa(4 returning starters plus return of Pierce)
    8.Minnesota(Humphries must live up to expectations)
    9.Purdue (Lowe will have to boost his scoring avg.)
    10.Northwestern(Tony' bro TJ Parker and Young make up a good backcourt)
    11.Penn State

5. Fast Luck

Rankings
    <ul>
    [*]Michigan State
    [*]Michigan
    [*]Ohio State
    [*]Wisconsin
    [*]Iowa
    [*]Illinois
    [*]Indiana
    [*]Minnesota
    [*]Purdue
    [*]Northwestern
    [*]Penn St.[/list]
    Michigan State is obviously the powerhouse team this year. I have them at #1, although in this difficult year, I'd expect them to lose at least 2 Big Ten games, maybe as many as 4. The next 3, Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin were very tough. They'll all be great teams, but I put Wisconsin on the bottom because they're losing their go-to-guy, and I think that will cost them a lot of losses on the road. Michigan got the bump over OSU despite losing a key player because last year, they just had OSU's number, and will be even more confident with more to play for this year. As a surprise, I put Iowa above Illinois. Before I thought they were losing most of their starters, when actually, they'll be back in their senior years, except Leslie (unfortunately a big loss). Illinois will still be good, and a shoe-in for the NCAA tournament, and I think this will be some kind of a cut-off point, with the remaining teams on the bubble. Indiana and Minnesota won't be up to last year, and Purdue loses virtually everybody. They'll all still be better than Northwestern, but even Northwestern will be better than Penn St.

6. azr&b

azr&b JBB JustBBall Member

Pac 10 Standings

1) Arizona
    2) Stanford
    3) Oregon
    4) California
    5) Arizona State
    6) Oregon State
    7) USC
    8) UCLA
    9) Washington
    10) Washington State

Based on 2002-2003 season ending conference records

7. Fast Luck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting azr&b:</div><div class="quote_post">Pac 10 Standings

1) Arizona
    2) Stanford
    3) Oregon
    4) California
    5) Arizona State
    6) Oregon State
    7) USC
    8) UCLA
    9) Washington
    10) Washington State

Based on 2002-2003 season ending conference records</div>You don't think UCLA will be bouncing back? Or are you just purposely leaving the standings as they were at the end of last season?

8. azr&b

Didn't even think about that...

I was prety much going by season ending stats.

I guess it would all depend on their coaching situation.

9. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting azr&b:</div><div class="quote_post">Pac 10 Standings

1) Arizona
    2) Stanford
    3) Oregon
    4) California
    5) Arizona State
    6) Oregon State
    7) USC
    8) UCLA
    9) Washington
    10) Washington State

Based on 2002-2003 season ending conference records</div>
    Psh... I disagree wholeheartedly with pretty much every one of your rankings. Arizona is a nice choice at number one, as is Stanford at number two but is California under Oregon really nessicary? Oregon will have a nice class, but they'll be losing Ridnour and Cal has a promising bunch of Freshmen coming in. If I were to rank the top four I'd have Arizona one, Stanford two, Cal three, and Arizona State four. UCLA looks good on paper, but that's about it. Not to mention that their star, Andre Patterson, just transferred to Tennessee.

10. azr&b

Oregon will quite possibly slip, because of losing Ridnour, but not likely. They have started to prove themselves in the Pac the last couple of years...
    ASU has something in Ike. And are steadily making improvements...
    UCLA has serious issues to work on. Poor Steve Lavin. The highlight of their season last year, was beating Az in the Pac 10 tourny.
    Cal might have something if they can get thier freshman to prove themselves right off the bat. But like in most cases, it takes them awhile to get adjusted.
    Arizona loses a lot with the departure of Walton and Gardner. But theyhave one of the highest recruiting classes next year.

11. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Big East

1. Uconn
    2. Pitt
    3. Syracuse
    4. Boston College
    5. Providence
    6. Notre Dame
    7. Seton Hall
    8. Villanova
    9. St. Johns
    10. Virginia Tech
    11. Rutgers
    12. Georgetown
    13. West Virginia
    14. Miami

12. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

how bout acc, i don't know much about the prospects or anything so i couldn't make one.

13. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Big East

Uconn
    Syracuse
    Pitt
    Notre Dame
    Seton Hall
    Boston College
    Provedence
    Villanova
    St. Johns
    Virginia Tech
    Rutgers
    Georgetown
    West Virginia
    Miami

14. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">how bout acc, i don't know much about the prospects or anything so i couldn't make one.</div>Here is my ACC top 6 -

#1 - Duke
    #2 - North Carolina
    #3 - North Carolina State
    #4 - Wake Forest
    #5 - Georgia Tech
    #6 - Maryland