Your draft hit and misses.

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 5, 2006.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Right About 1. Yao Ming would develope into a great player. - He didn't start out well and everyone starting attacking him over being soft but I stuck with him and noticed his season by season improvements. His work on his upper body has been nothing short of amazing and his intensity is up. Is now averaging 23/10 a game. 2. Mike Dunleavy and Drew Gooden would be average players. - I didn't think much of Dunleavy at Duke, I thought he played like a girl and didn't really have a position and now he continues to be a non-factor when he plays. I thought Drew Gooden would be a average player as well, I thought he padded his stats at Kansas and although he's done well he's not the kind of player you pick 4th overall. 3. LeBron James' greatness. I remember before the draft their were the LeBron lovers and haters who thought he wouldn't live up to the hype. I stand by what I said before the draft in that he would be one of the best players to ever play the game. 4. Anderson Varejao would be a very good player. - I hit this one, when I saw him fall in the 2004 draft I was stunned. I thought he would be a stud down low because of his size, skill and passion. 5. Luke Jackson. I didn't like the pick from the beginning, I didn't think he'd translate and has not so far and with his injuries. 6. Raymond Felton - Everyone thought he was not worth his spot (5th) but I didn't understand it, I think everyone was just repeating what a few media heads where saying. He's going to be a great PG and when he's played he's put up numbers.Not Right About 1. Carmelo Anthony - I was a Melo hater and thought he would be Glenn Robinson. I didn't think he'd do as well as he has. 2. Kirk Hinrich - I picked against this whitey, he's done well but has not improved much. 3. Chris Kamen - I thought he'd be another flop white center from a bad school.

2. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

wait, so are we supposed to pick this year's sleepers and busts, or say the ones we got right/wrong?

3. Opal

Opal Active Member

Say the ones we got right/wrong.Right about* Yao being a sassy.* Melo being a stud. * Dwyane Wade being a surpise.* Charlie V being ready. Everybody thought he was drafted to high, wasn't ready, etc. but I thought he was going to be great.* Darko not being ready.* Skita. I was furious when he was drafted by the Nuggets.Wrong About* Nick Collison. I thought he would be more dominant.* Dwight Howard being a bust.* Chris Paul. Missed this big time. I didn't think he would be too good.

4. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

<u>Hits</u>Stromile only being a average playerYao going to turn out as a great playerDwyane turning into a superstar same with LBJ and MeloCharlie V. putting up 10-14 PPG.Sean May getting injured in his rookie season :thumbdn1: <u>Misses</u>Chris Paul turning out to be a great PGDeron with crazy court vision skillsCB4 to be only an average player in the NBADarko being a bust but he had no playing time

5. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Hit-Melo would make playoffs before Lebron :-)Miss-Yao Ming capable to compete with ShaqMilicic, didnt know Pistons would ruin himKwame Brown, big hopes on him...nothingTelfair, good, but not as good as my predictionsI guess im a better misser

6. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<u>Hits</u>-Chris Paul being easily the ROY (okay, i didn't think he'd be this good, but still).-Ryan Gomes being the steal of the draft. [​IMG]-Jameer nelson being a good pro.-Dwyane Wade being an all-star.<u>Misses</u>-i thought Orlando made a mistake by pick Howard over Okafor. [​IMG] -Delonte West. i thought he was just an undersized 2-guard.

7. LBJ

LBJ BBW Member

i have many hits, im trying to think of missesAfter 1 draft i had Zero Misses-i didnt know that roko ukic would drop as far as he did (i knew he would drop tho)

8. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

HitJay Williams good- but wrong about multiple yearsPaul being ROYMarvin Williams not getting many minutesRyan Gomes being Steal, like Dogma saidLBJ, Melo, Bosh, DWade, All GreatMissSalim better than expected.Darko would be horribleBoozer being good, then cancerDwight Better than EmekaNick Collison worse than expected

9. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Hit:Darko Being a bustBosh being his beastly selfSalim being a sharp shooter in the NBAMarvin turning into a solid player, improving every month greatlyMiss:Bogut being SOLID, i thought he'd be a complete bustChris Kaman being a pretty solid centerCharlie V...Im sorry i thought he was horrible, and i compltely agreed with Stephen A. when he said that was A terrible move by the Raps