Your favorite NCAA basketball team?

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by okaforever, Feb 22, 2004.

1. okaforever

okaforever JBB JustBBall Member

Who is your favorite NCAA basketball team??

notice i said team, there is no s at the end of that, k?

i know someone will have to say..
    duke & unc and make a complete fool of themself.. but anyways..

mine is, and always has been, and always will be..
    the uconn huskies

yours?

2. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    Man this is a hard one for me...I grew up in North Carolina with my uncle and dad. One has season tickets to Carolina and the other had season tickets to Duke so I grew up with both..I went to bout 10 games a year for each from 'bout 82 until '86....anyways as much as I love to watch Duke play I'm going to say the Tar Heels.

So make mine Carolina. [​IMG]

3. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I'm a UCLA fan...they've been down the last couple of years but hopefully Ben Howland will get things turned around soon....

4. okaforever

i hope you didn't make that post just to spite me chukk..

it's like.. that espn commercial w/ michigan and ohio st football.. and the guy and the girl are making out.. it's a big wtf.

5. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting okaforever:</div><div class="quote_post">i hope you didn't make that post just to spite me chukk..

it's like.. that espn commercial w/ michigan and ohio st football.. and the guy and the girl are making out.. it's a big wtf.</div>

nah man I didn't I was explainin' my predicatment...I was tellin' you it's a hard choice for me [​IMG]

6. okaforever

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm a UCLA fan...they've been down the last couple of years but hopefully Ben Howland will get things turned around soon....</div>

yeah they've been down for a while. sad. i want to see them back on top too. one of the premiere collegiate basketball schools.. quietly fading away.. [​IMG]

he needs to get someone to come there in play. who wouldn't want to go to UCLA!? crap. i'd love to go there/live there!

plus UCLA is my fav collegiate football team.. thanks to troy aikman (and the fact that i'm a lakers fan too). also the proud owner of his `89 throwback, finally. size 60.. like i can fit into that. ;0 sorta partial to k-state in football just because i know one of their running backs from the 60's, that got drafted to the dallas cowboys (who are my favorite team), and cut..

7. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting okaforever:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah they've been down for a while. sad. i want to see them back on top too. one of the premiere collegiate basketball schools.. quietly fading away.. [​IMG]

he needs to get someone to come there in play. who wouldn't want to go to UCLA!? crap. i'd love to go there/live there!
    </div>

For real man, but from what I hear, the time table is 2 more years before UCLA becomes a force to be reckon with again...Right now, Howland is coaching a team full of Steve Lavin recruits...next year, UCLA is bringing in four promising freshmans but it'll take a couple of years to completely filter out the LAvin era....
    Here's an article about it: Standford Must Get UCLA While it Can

Here's from a previous post of mine about the recuits

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I heard UCLA recruited 4 great prospects for next season....He are some profiles of each if u are interested...

Jordan Farmer

Arron Afflalo

Lorenzo Mata

Josh Shipp </div>

8. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Right now I would have to say Air Force because I am in the Air Force, I am stationed in Colorado Springs (where the Air Force Academy is located) and I am not a big fan of college basketball as opposed to the NBA. My wife's is OU hands down, so sometimes I root for them too. I also like Stanford because I grew up in the bay area and I support all of the local teams.

9. okaforever

those links to the players don't work.. i wanted to check them out.

10. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting okaforever:</div><div class="quote_post">those links to the players don't work.. i wanted to check them out.</div>

hmm...they worked when I posted them like a week or two ago...lemme figure out why...

11. okaforever

it wanted me to sign up for some 7 day trial for the site. i'm not down w/ that.

12. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting okaforever:</div><div class="quote_post">it wanted me to sign up for some 7 day trial for the site. i'm not down w/ that.</div>

yea, it led me to that too...it didn't before tho...

13. notmuchgame

We'll if you're still interested in those players, here's what I found at the UCLA website...it gives a short profile of each and Hollands opinion on each...

LINK

14. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Gonzaga Bulldogs, they're from my state and they play unselfish team basketball. Unlike most teams if their star players (Stepp and Turiaf) have an off day the bench is so deep it wont even matter.

15. okaforever

that afflalo kid doesn't impress me much.
    the big men farmar and mata don't seem too bad, i like the numbers they put up.
    shipp just seems "ok" too. but the big men.. that's where it all started at ucla.. let it start again.

16. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting okaforever:</div><div class="quote_post">that afflalo kid doesn't impress me much.
    the big men farmar and mata don't seem too bad, i like the numbers they put up.
    shipp just seems "ok" too. but the big men.. that's where it all started at ucla.. let it start again.</div>

I don't know what you mean by "big men." Do you mean they are big on ability or big in size...

because Farmer is a point guard, he aint a big man (unless I misunderstood u)...He's supposedly the best of the bunch...Word has it he might supplant Bozeman as the starting point next season even tho Bozeman is going to be a senior and Farmer only a frosh...

and Josh Shipp is the younger brother of Joe Shipp if u didn't figure that out...Josh is supposedly more atheltic than he brother was...

17. okaforever

yeah i remember him last year at cal but farmar i misread and thought was a big man due to the heavy rebounds/pts.. and he has the assists, almost a triple double average.

18. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

UNC. The greatest.

19. emillie246

emillie246 JBB JustBBall Member

Louisville cardinals, hands down, and they will always be better than UK as long as we have coach p! and i smell a championship within the next year or so!

20. Joesanity

Joesanity JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting okaforever:</div><div class="quote_post">
    it's like.. that espn commercial w/ michigan and ohio st football.. and the guy and the girl are making out.. it's a big wtf.</div>

That commercial is so disgusting...even more disgusting than the OSU basketball team this year which has disappointed me so much. [​IMG]