Your Ideal Off-season

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by The Captain, Jul 2, 2007.

1. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

I really can't decide of the two rumors what I would like more. Signing of Wallace, or Hill.Scenario 1:Resign Billups.Resign Amir.Let Davis Go.Trade Flip for a bag of chips. (Or a future pick, who cares?)Sign G.Hill.The lineup-Billups/SuckeyRip/AfflaloPrince/Hill/SupedupeMaxiell/Amir/McDyessRasheed/McDyess/NazrScenario 2:All of the above, but sign Wallace instead of Hill.Bring over Acker.The Lineup-Billups/StuckeyRip/AckerPrince/Afflalo/AmirWallace/Maxiell/AmirWallace/McDyess/Nazr

2. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

We're going to be over the salary crap like hell if we do all that My ideal off-season is a trade of Rip and Tayshaun for a center. Sign a SF (Grant Hill). Sign a cheap-ass SF to back him up. Kah-BoomChaunceySTuckeyGrant HillWallaceCenter (GET STOUDIE!)

3. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The`Dream @ Jul 2 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We're going to be over the salary crap like hell if we do all that</div>Like we aren't already?

4. The`Dream

We aren't over the salary crap, no. When we re-sign Chauncey we won't be either.

5. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

You guys didnt mention Webber.

6. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

Let him go/retire. I don't care.

7. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Theres no way to resign Amir and sign Gerald Wallace as well. If we got geald..it would be in a sign and trade and more then likely we'd be dealing Antonio McDyess, Lindsey Hunter and a First or something...which I'd be cool with.

8. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The`Dream @ Jul 2 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We're going to be over the salary crap like hell if we do all that My ideal off-season is a trade of Rip and Tayshaun for a center. Sign a SF (Grant Hill). Sign a cheap-ass SF to back him up. Kah-BoomChaunceySTuckeyGrant HillWallaceCenter (GET STOUDIE!)</div>And that makes you worse next season, and long term.Why would you trade Rip and Tayshaun? They're the only youthful guys in your starting lineup.

9. The`Dream

Yeah, since Stuckey and Stoudamire are alot less youthful then Rip and tayshaun. Come on now, but I think Tayshaun has reached his ceiling and Hamilton isn't going to get any younger. We've already had this team for like four years with only ONE real change (starting center). I'm the only person that seems to realize that this team needs a change..... Alot of people are thinking that by returning the team +1 year we are going to win.

10. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The`Dream @ Jul 2 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, since Stuckey and Stoudamire are alot less youthful then Rip and tayshaun. Come on now, but I think Tayshaun has reached his ceiling and Hamilton isn't going to get any younger. We've already had this team for like four years with only ONE real change (starting center). I'm the only person that seems to realize that this team needs a change..... Alot of people are thinking that by returning the team +1 year we are going to win.</div>Exactly. If they keep the same team they are just going to start declining. If I were the Pistons, I would trade Rip for a young guy or two, maybe?

11. The`Dream

The second we sign Billups to more then a 12 million dollar per year deal (Which is going to happen) we will be over the salary cap. That means even fi we get a bargain and sign Amir to like a 3 million dollar deal, his contract would cost 6 million dollars.Thats not inclduing all the FA work you guys want to do...

12. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

1. Re-Sign Billups (Done)2. Re-Sign Amir Johnson3. Trade Nazr, Hunter, next years first for Gerald Wallace4. Trade Flip Murray for Johan Petro5. Sign Brevin Knight (or Derek Fisher?) to MLE6. Let Webber and Dale Davis go7. Give Cheick Samb the starting center job in the D-League. :wink: PG: Billups / Knight / Stuckey SG: Hamilton / Stuckey / AfflaloSF: Prince / G-Wallace / DupreePF: Maxiell / McDyess / JohnsonC: Sheed / Petro / Johnson