Your ideal offseason?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Chutney, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

We've seen all the theories, plans, and options over the past few days. As of now, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon, and Ron Artest (maybe Trevor Ariza) are the only players that have committed to a team. What would you do in BC's place? How do you want to see everything play out for the Raps on July 8th?

==========

Mine would involve:

- Re-signing Shawn Marion for 3 years/$7mill per
    - Re-signing Carlos Delfino
    - Signing Linas Klieza for a little less than the MLE
    - Signing Rasho Nesterovic
    - Trade Kris Humphries for Keyon Dooling (not sure if this is possible, if not a salary dump would be great)
    - If we can't get Dooling, I'd sign an experienced backup PG (Anthony Carter? Ronnie Price? Royal Ivey? CJ Watson? Shannon Brown?)

Our resulting depth chart would look something like this:

Bargnani / Nesterovic / O'Bryant
    Bosh / Evans / Mensah-Bonsu
    Marion / Klieza
    Delfino / DeRozan / Douby
    Calderon / (Dooling or whatever veteran backup we sign) / Ukic

That's a good enough team to be a mid-seed playoff team in a top-heavy East, IMO. Especially with some fringe playoff teams declining (Chicago, NY, NJ) and others making lateral moves (Detroit).

2. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

well i would sign ronnie price for the full mle. i know that may sound outlandish but i remember sloan saying after the final jazz game against houston, in describing price's performance as one of the greatest he's ever seen. im sold, dont need anymore convincing. then i would resign delfino. and then i would trade caledron to portland for steve blake and outlaw (dont know how feasible that would be with rumours of a similar deal for andre miller). then i would trade bosh for monta ellis and and ronny turiaf.

new lineup

Pg: Blake, Price, Roko
    SG: Ellis, Delfino, Douby
    Sf: Outlaw, Derozan
    PF: Turiaf, Evans, Hump
    C: Bargnani, Pops, Bryant

3. deception

when have u seen hustle like this in a raptor uniform?

[video=youtube;u5NCUcDfPGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5NCUcDfPGA[/video]

4. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

That block was dutty.

I would actually not re-sign Marion and start DeRozan full time. Maybe a sign-and-trade Marion and Calderon for Johnny Flynn and someone else. Make out line-up nice and a athletic and just make them run.

5. deception

i want to make a point about caledron- i watched a few games back through the game in a hour thing on raps tv and i noticed that caledron is unwilling to throw alley hoops even when the opportunity is glaring. specifically in the home opener against golden state- moon was open at least a couple times, same with bosh and he didnt throw it. he's so cautious with the ball thats he's making our offense really predictable.